“Evins Mill - perfect weekend getaway”
Review of Evins Mill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithville
Evins Mill
Ranked #1 of 1 Smithville B&B and Inns
Northern Illinois
“Evins Mill - perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Not only is this one of the most beautiful places you'll get to visit ...say on your road trip to the Smoky Mountains..but its very affordable...and the food is amazing. A "Food of Tennesee" special on a local public access channel was what originally clued me into Evins Mill. At the time we were looking for a place to hold our wedding ceremony & reception... the next weekend ..we visited. I remember leaving the Inn and as my husband saw the look on my face he said, "This is the place, isnt it." Family and Friends who attended the reception STILL talk about the ambiance, the Chicken Parmesan, the AMAZING Brunch the following morning, and what a beautiful place it was to spend the weekend. My husband promises he'll take me back there soon. Im holding him to it. The rooms are clean and comfy and the staff is VERY helpful & friendly.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
chattanooga
Reviewed January 20, 2010

we had a great time staff was very nice to us food was great , had a nice time playing pool, and darts i give them an a +

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville
Reviewed November 13, 2009

we had an excellent retreat. The food was incredible. Staff terrific. Room was very clean. The hike to the falls is not to be missed. The property is beautiful. We will come here again.

• Stayed November 2009
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed November 3, 2009

This was our third trip to Evins Mill. This time we took another couple with us who will also look forward returning in the future. I can't say enough good things about the quality of the food, the beauty of the area and the big smiles of the staff. The rooms are clean and the perfect place to get away. The fireplace was roaring when we wanted it to in the main lodge and the smell of the flickering fire made you want to do nothing but RELAX. If you are looking for a weekend place to chat on the phone, watch tv and stay stressed, this is not it. But if you want to get away from the world, recharge and relax, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place. I hate to write such a good review, only because I don't want to have trouble getting a room when other people hear how great this place is :)

Nashville, TN
Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I came to Evins Mill to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We got to the Inn early and went for a short hike. The trails were challenging for novices like us but the view where the 2 waterfalls met was a good reward. We enjoyed participating in the pumpkin carving contest and playing in the game hall. We had a box lunch, but I wish we would have had the sit down lunch with the warm soup. The Hors d’oeuvres were amazing and set us up for a spectacular dinner. The soup, salad and entree were fantasic and I wanted to ask for more grits!! Dessert was a little dry, but we really appreciated the candle that they put on top to honor our personal celebration.
Overall the weekend was amazing and I would go back just for the food!!!

Nashville, TN
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Our experience at Evins Mill was great! We enjoyed the views, walks and even our work time. The staff is very attentive and easy going. The chef is an excellent cook and we found ourselves looking forward to the next meal almost as soon as we were done with the current one. Our servers were great and we really had a ball with Darla. We would recommend Evans Mills to anyone looking for a place to host a retreat as well as individuals looking for a relaxing and fun get-a-way. It was great working with both William and Laurie…they are phenomenal!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Glasgow, Kentucky
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I have enjoyed the Inn at Evins Mill on several locations. We love the quiet serene setting, the relaxing babbling stream, and comfortable accomodations. On each trip Chef Jason has impressed us with his creative menu selections and fabulous food. Both the dinners and breakfasts are scrumptious. This is a true gem close to home.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
Scottish Inn
Scottish Inn
#2 of 4 in McMinnville
Best Western Thunderbird Motel

Been to Evins Mill? Share your experiences!