“It was a foodies delight!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evins Mill

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithville
Evins Mill
Ranked #1 of 1 Smithville B&B and Inns
Nashville, TN
“It was a foodies delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I came to Evins Mill to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We got to the Inn early and went for a short hike. The trails were challenging for novices like us but the view where the 2 waterfalls met was a good reward. We enjoyed participating in the pumpkin carving contest and playing in the game hall. We had a box lunch, but I wish we would have had the sit down lunch with the warm soup. The Hors d’oeuvres were amazing and set us up for a spectacular dinner. The soup, salad and entree were fantasic and I wanted to ask for more grits!! Dessert was a little dry, but we really appreciated the candle that they put on top to honor our personal celebration.
Overall the weekend was amazing and I would go back just for the food!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

Our experience at Evins Mill was great! We enjoyed the views, walks and even our work time. The staff is very attentive and easy going. The chef is an excellent cook and we found ourselves looking forward to the next meal almost as soon as we were done with the current one. Our servers were great and we really had a ball with Darla. We would recommend Evans Mills to anyone looking for a place to host a retreat as well as individuals looking for a relaxing and fun get-a-way. It was great working with both William and Laurie…they are phenomenal!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Glasgow, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I have enjoyed the Inn at Evins Mill on several locations. We love the quiet serene setting, the relaxing babbling stream, and comfortable accomodations. On each trip Chef Jason has impressed us with his creative menu selections and fabulous food. Both the dinners and breakfasts are scrumptious. This is a true gem close to home.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

I had the lucky opportunity to attend a meeting at the Inn at Evins Mill. I was pleasantly surprised in many ways by my stay. The quite location in Smithville, the attentive staff when I arrive, the fantastic dinner I had while attending a meeting all where fantastic. They even had my favorite bear at the bar!

The room I stayed in was overlooking a bluff down on a quite stream. I had my own rocking chairs to relax in and binoculars where available if I wanted to scout out a bird or two. One of the main parts of my stay was visiting the man made waterfall they have which helps power the grist mill that is on site. This is a one of a kind waterfall and not to be missed with your stay. I was not able to visit the natural waterfall they have on site which I am told is the 10th largest in the state.

Since I was on business travel from the other side of the U.S. I might not able to ever make it back again to the inn. But if I lived in the Nashville area I would be sure to return several time a year for the peace and quite.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2009

My stay at Evins Mill this weekend was an absolute slice of heaven.
So close to Nashville, yet so secluded, quiet and beautiful. Even though the Inn was full we felt as though we had the place to ourselves... how did you do that?
The staff was unbel...ievably gracious, helpful and you could tell they were sincere and not "just there for the gig".
The food was spectacular. I could fill pages about the quality of the ingredients used. I'm a foodie and this is 4 star. Tell Chef Jason thank you for making me a Gluten Free desert - wow - how unexpected!
We made two hikes to your magical Carmac waterfalls. We swam in the pool at the bottom of the falls and felt like something out of a Hollywood adventure film. Special stuff! We will return very soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

The atmosphere and food was excellent. Great location, friendly staff. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

My wife badly needed to get away from her work environment. We chose to come back to Evins Mill. Tina was wonderful as host, chef and server. She was very considerate and used our names when speaking to us. The food was wonderful, as before!
Albeit short, the evening was what we needed to relax and recharge.

My only thoughts were that the deadbolt still didn't work on the door to our cabin. Had the same problem, same room, last time. The bolt didn't align with the strike plate. I took the plate off and was able to use the deadbolt. I again let the person knoow when we checked out. It wasn't Tina yhe first time.
The overhead fan clicked at all speeds and I had to finally turn it off.

Not huge things, just aggravations.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithville
Royal Inn
Travelodge Cookeville
Travelodge Cookeville
#9 of 18 in Cookeville
The Retreat At Center Hill Lake

Been to Evins Mill? Share your experiences!