“Very Friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms”

EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have stayed there four times in two months. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Nice new management. If you're looking for a clean comfortable and quiet place to rest then look no further. Overall I would give this hotel 5 stars for affordability, cleanliness and being accommodated friendly and respectfully. Great place!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville

Reviewed September 9, 2013

we were in town on 09/06/2013 we checked out of microtel because they had bed bugs we checked in country hearth inn because we have stayed serveral times and have never ecountered bed bugs the staff is always friendly and helpful its right next to legends restruant very close to other places to eat and shop

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Horrible horrible horrible. I reserved a room to visit family over a weekend and oh lord I'll never do it again. I knew it was bad when the couch in the lobby had duct tape over the arm. Nasty cigarette smell throughout the entire hotel. Outdated and blah!!!! I reserved what I was lead to believe was a jacuzzi suite BUT....they put me in an executive suite with a jacuzzi tub, with jets in the tub and not an actual jacuzzi!!! Lighted vanity over the sink was barely hanging on and the light in it didn't work. Bathroom light didn't work and barely any towels, soap or shampoo. The bed was hard as a rock and I slept horribly, outdated ancient sheets and blankets. Only two pillows on a king size bed, a tiny tv and no amenities!!! I've stayed at Microtel Ramada and Country Inn and got WAYYYY more for less thats for sure. I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Microtel instead or the Ramada in Murfreesboro. It might be a little drive but it's...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manish P, Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Your review has been on my mind so I wanted to take the time and respond to it even if it was last year. We are now under a new owner and management, our building and rooms are being remodeled to be more up to date and comfortable. I just want to say I am so sorry for your experience even if we weren't here at the time and if you are ever back in town come see us and let us make it a better experience for you. Thank you for reminding us why everything is being and been changed. Brandy Jacobs

Reviewed December 19, 2012

There are not a lot of hotel options in the Shelbyville area, so choose this one for the cheap price and knowing I will be mostly with family over Thanksgiving weekend. I have previously stayed in the Best Western, but never a fan of the outside room doors so decided on Country Hearth for my next visit. May or may not stay here again, depending on rates.

The good:
Cheap, next to a nice restaurant, friendly workers, functional rooms, quite
Bad:
Bed Bugs, subpar free breakfast, cheap sundries, no amenities

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was an awful stay and I would never recommend this hotel. We arrived with a printed confirmation for a Deluxe King Bed Suite; what we received was a standard one double bed room - the air conditioner made a loud thumping noise all night long, so bad we had to turn it off and open the window. There was no coffee pot to make coffee, we had to use a spoon to hold up the drip mechanism in order for it not to overflow the basket. The room keys never worked properly no matter how many times they re-keyed them. There was only 1 towel for a shower in the morning for 2 people in the room. Upon departure, when advising the desk clerk of all of this - there was no apology just an insult to reduce the rate by a whopping $9.00...yes that's nine dollars!!!

Then, to make things worse...we have submitted an e-mail to the corporate office advising of the issues and have yet to get any response! Not a good business practice!

Room Tip: Tip...Do Not Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My first visit here, price was fair for what you get. Room was clean with a small refrigerator. 95° outside, and all the air conditioners were turned off except the lobby, presumably to save electricity.
It took forever to cool the room off, someone needs to tell them it is cheaper to keep the AC on low.

No handicap ramps at the entrance, no elevator to get to second floor.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The desk clerk was friendly and the self-serve breakfast waffles were good. The bathroom was clean with a nice shower. The mattress was a cheap hard one that was extremely uncomfortable, and the sheets were as thin and used as possible. The feather pillows were flat and disgusting. The carpet seemed deep down dirty, and I don't want to think about the bedspreads. There were lots of towels but they were pretty dingy. Use some bleach, folks. With tax we paid over $90. for this room and think it should have been better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Best Western Celebration Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Shelbyville
Baymont Inn & Suites Tullahoma
Quality Inn Tullahoma
Quality Inn Tullahoma
#4 of 6 in Tullahoma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tullahoma East
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN

Been to EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville? Share your experiences!