“Do not stay here at all!!!!!!”

EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
GreenLeadersSilver level
East Ridge, Tennessee
“Do not stay here at all!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Horrible horrible horrible. I reserved a room to visit family over a weekend and oh lord I'll never do it again. I knew it was bad when the couch in the lobby had duct tape over the arm. Nasty cigarette smell throughout the entire hotel. Outdated and blah!!!! I reserved what I was lead to believe was a jacuzzi suite BUT....they put me in an executive suite with a jacuzzi tub, with jets in the tub and not an actual jacuzzi!!! Lighted vanity over the sink was barely hanging on and the light in it didn't work. Bathroom light didn't work and barely any towels, soap or shampoo. The bed was hard as a rock and I slept horribly, outdated ancient sheets and blankets. Only two pillows on a king size bed, a tiny tv and no amenities!!! I've stayed at Microtel Ramada and Country Inn and got WAYYYY more for less thats for sure. I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at the Microtel instead or the Ramada in Murfreesboro. It might be a little drive but it's...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manish P, Manager at EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Your review has been on my mind so I wanted to take the time and respond to it even if it was last year. We are now under a new owner and management, our building and rooms are being remodeled to be more up to date and comfortable. I just want to say I am so sorry for your experience even if we weren't here at the time and if you are ever back in town come see us and let us make it a better experience for you. Thank you for reminding us why everything is being and been changed. Brandy Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed December 19, 2012

There are not a lot of hotel options in the Shelbyville area, so choose this one for the cheap price and knowing I will be mostly with family over Thanksgiving weekend. I have previously stayed in the Best Western, but never a fan of the outside room doors so decided on Country Hearth for my next visit. May or may not stay here again, depending on rates.

The good:
Cheap, next to a nice restaurant, friendly workers, functional rooms, quite
Bad:
Bed Bugs, subpar free breakfast, cheap sundries, no amenities

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Murphy, North Carolina
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was an awful stay and I would never recommend this hotel. We arrived with a printed confirmation for a Deluxe King Bed Suite; what we received was a standard one double bed room - the air conditioner made a loud thumping noise all night long, so bad we had to turn it off and open the window. There was no coffee pot to make coffee, we had to use a spoon to hold up the drip mechanism in order for it not to overflow the basket. The room keys never worked properly no matter how many times they re-keyed them. There was only 1 towel for a shower in the morning for 2 people in the room. Upon departure, when advising the desk clerk of all of this - there was no apology just an insult to reduce the rate by a whopping $9.00...yes that's nine dollars!!!

Then, to make things worse...we have submitted an e-mail to the corporate office advising of the issues and have yet to get any response! Not a good business practice!

Room Tip: Tip...Do Not Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My first visit here, price was fair for what you get. Room was clean with a small refrigerator. 95° outside, and all the air conditioners were turned off except the lobby, presumably to save electricity.
It took forever to cool the room off, someone needs to tell them it is cheaper to keep the AC on low.

No handicap ramps at the entrance, no elevator to get to second floor.

• Stayed August 2012
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The desk clerk was friendly and the self-serve breakfast waffles were good. The bathroom was clean with a nice shower. The mattress was a cheap hard one that was extremely uncomfortable, and the sheets were as thin and used as possible. The feather pillows were flat and disgusting. The carpet seemed deep down dirty, and I don't want to think about the bedspreads. There were lots of towels but they were pretty dingy. Use some bleach, folks. With tax we paid over $90. for this room and think it should have been better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This was probably the shabbiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The bed was really uncomfortable; the sheets looked (and felt) as if they were at least 5 years old. The towels were so old and worn you could see through them. The room was generally pretty clean. The bathroom light took about 10 minutes to work, and this was never fixed the entire time I was there (a week). I could hear the person snoring in the room next door. The "contintental breakfast" was gross - Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, and some stale bagels. I do have to plug the staff -- they were always friendly and helpful. But I would stay in another city rather than staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We had a very clean room located near the desk. The room appeared in new condition. Queen bed was fine. The Staff was OK. The breakfast - not deluxe but adequate. They had make it your self waffles. It is one of our favorites. Towels were new and fresh. CRT TV was fine. We had a nice desk, frig, microwave. Comy relcining rocking easy chair. We had a very pleasent one night stay. They had a marble top on the dresser and night stand. This was a nice touch

Room Tip: Aks to see your room first -- I think they are more hesitant to give you a bad room. We love the co...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank retired_happy55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Shelbyville
Best Western Celebration Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Tullahoma
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
Holiday Inn Express Murfreesboro Central

Been to EconoLodge Inn & Suites of Shelbyville? Share your experiences!