“Low flavor, high price”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Low flavor, high price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

There is no lack of Asian restaurants in South Knoxville (or Sevierville) and it's worth the drive to go somewhere else.

For what you get, the prices seem to be slightly higher than the other places, and the food isn't as good. It all seems very bland. On the plus side, it is the only Chinese place in Seymour, and it is convenient and easy to get to.

• Visited December 2012

Knoxville, TN
“10 MINUTES... To delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

China Woo in Seymour is one of the top 3 in town. Exceptionally good General Tso chicken and flovorful wonton soup. The eggrolls are greasy but seasoned perfectly. The authentic Chinese family makes great food. Lunch specials are great.

Seymour, Tennessee, United States
“Language Barrier causes MAJOR ISSUES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

DO NOT FREQUENT CHINA WOK THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

China Wok offers a complete lack of customer service and care arising from the need to have employees with a crippling lack of basic english skills interacting with the general public. My 15-year-old daughter went here for lunch with a friend and was treated like a dog and screamed at by multiple employees because the staff here obviously cannot grasp even the rudimentary language skills needed to solve simple issues that occasionally crop up in the day to day operations of any business.

What happened was that she went here for lunch and used her debit card. According to the employee working the register her card declined. My daughter did what she was supposed to do and called my wife trying to get the situation resolved. My wife looked at our online banking and saw that the charge had successfully gone through at which time she and a bank representative conferenced called the restaurant to attempt to resolve the issue. Both she and the bank representative were on the phone and witnessed the employees of China Wok screaming at my teenage daughter.

Needless to say both my wife and daughter were both very upset and contacted me to let me know what had happened. I immediately called China Wok and was forced to wait for 10 minutes while the phone rang endlessly. When they finally did picked up I asked to speak with a manager and was promptly informed the the manager was not there. The woman who answered the phone in very broken English then attempted to take my phone number several times before having to bother the business next door to speak with me and take my phone number.

While the manger did call me back promptly, he proceeded to give me numerous excuses ranging from sad to ridiculous and an apathetic apology that felt more like he was saying it just to get me off the phone rather than deal with the real issues.

DO NOT FREQUENT CHINA WOK THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Ed B
Seymour, Tennessee
“Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

This is my all time favorite Chinese food! I always get their sesame chicken with white rice. It never fails!

• Visited October 2011
“Best Chinese take out in Sevier County...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

Best Chinese take out in Sevier County; this is a locally and family owned restaurant. I found it by luck since I was visiting Knoxville for business, then I moved to Seymour. I Highly recommend it. The Combination Fried rice is loaded with shrimp, and their General tsao chicken is out of this world.