“Recommend the Apple Valley Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Apple Valley
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed July 4, 2006

My family stayed at the Comfort Inn Apple Valley in June. This was an excellent choice for my family of five. This hotel is located near the shopping outlet stores. It is not located near all the congested area of Pigeon Forge. We loved it because it was located in a area that was close to everything but not all the traffic areas. This hotel was extremely clean and the staff members were friendly. The best part of the hotel was that it is located in front the Apple Barn. The Apple Barn is a must go to eat the BEST apple pie on earth. We would highly recommend this hotel.

7  Thank blondie2

Reviewed June 17, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Nice rooms, pleasant people, everything pretty much as expected. Its not the Ritz, but it is a nice family hotel for people who want to enjoy the Pigeon Forge/Great Smoky Mountains area.

5  Thank David S
Reviewed June 16, 2006

I've stayed at a lot of different places in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge and the Comfort Inn Apple Valley is one of the best. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, the staff is nice, and the amenities are good. We especially enjoyed the indoor pool, the continental breakfast, and the hot cider in the lobby! We like the location, in front of the apple barn and very close to the Tanger Five Oaks outlet mall. The hotel is comparably priced to most in the area and gets great reviews from most visitors.

4  Thank AbsMom
Reviewed June 13, 2006

My Husband and I just returned from vacation in the Great Smoky Mts., We Stayed at the Comfort Inn, Apple Valley one night June 8th till our cabin was avalible. Upon checking in I encountered a young man checking me in, customer service was not his specialty! He was not very friendly, had to pull an answer out of him to every question I had. I had called before I arrived to inquire about rates, Amanda was very courteous and quoted us a price of $88.20 which matched the rate of internet. Make sure you check internet prices before calling because prices can range anywhere from $10.00 to $40.00 higher.That particular day it was 10.00 cheaper, the day before I called , it was $35.00 higher. I guess it all depends on availibility and asking if you need to book on internet instead if the local hotel will not match your price.
My room was facing the apple orchard, the bottom line is- your balcony is looking down on everyone in the parking lot (going and coming from their car) walking to the edge of the balcony you see all your neighbors. The busy road leading to the apple barn winery, restaurant, gift shop etc... very busy road, constant traffic. Yes you can see an apple orchard from afarrrrrr. Don't leave your curtains open , if your undressing, passer-bys from road and parking lot will see. It doesnt matter where you stay all sides have a view of the highway, one side faces the Walgreens, the front faces the busy 4 lane highway leading into Pigeon Forge and onto Gatlinburg.and the outside Pool.The other end faces the river (if you can find it,and your on the right level), still the highway and the road is in plain view.
When Parking in the back(apple orchard side) you enter through the green canopy, when entering you will see the pool and hottub area,(which you will have to cross to , getting to your room)
Let me say the hallways, elevators(little slow) is very clean! Apples adorn the walls featuring the numbers, floors and walls are bright and a refreshing smell (maybe apple spice) The room was neat and clean, had a microwave, small frig.Bathroom was really small, as soon as you open the door, is the commode, shower to the left and sink to the right, just enough room to turn around. There is a sink on the outside of the bathroom, (but dim lighting for putting on makeup) Beds are comfortable.
My husband and I got out very early to exercise, didn't get back to eat breakfast till about 9:30, continental(pastries, cereal, boiled eggs, biscuits , gravy and 4 oz. juice cups) We had sat down to eat breakfast, 2 ladies we had met earlier, that was attending meetings came in, as they stood in line, Two of the staff members(older middle age ladies) behind the counter were whispering, and pointing, as I looked around I could see it caught everyones attention, the 2 ladies could see it too. They continued to get their breakfast and left. I felt I was back in the dark ages (civil war era) "Gone with the wind" . These 2 narrow minded, middle aged ladies(let me say 98% is white middle aged employees and so are their guests) treated 2 ladies (co-workers)- one black and one white as if they were in the 50's. I just feel bad that I didnt alert the management about the behavior in which these 2 employees displayed, against 2 professional women, here with their husbands and children.
The bottom line is, no privacy, anything that doesnt live up to the 1950's isn't acceptable, retirement like vacation home (pharmacy next door)
Had my husband and I had known all this before ,we would not have stayed for 1 night.

6  Thank hiker6
Reviewed April 17, 2006

For a chain, this has got to be the best you can expect...very nice! Apple theme reflects the old apple farm on the hillside behind the motel, we were there when the apple blossoms were open, just an added benefit. The motel itself features a nice heated pool and a hot tub on the ground floor, continental breakfast is served on the second floor (don't expect any egg or sausage patties, they aren't to be found, but fresh baked waffles make up for it), coffee and hot apple cider available in the lobby. The room we had featured a whirlpool tub, king bed, the usual microwave/frige/coffeemaker in a small kitchenette setting, & two televisions. The front desk actually answers the phone when you call (this is nice, since I recently stayed at a comfort inn that ignored calls from their guests!) I am sure that the area has many adequate places to stay, but if you can swing the extra bucks, it's probably worth it. Staff is friendly, but unobtrusive. Great when you just want to "get away".

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank MidwestPonygirl
Reviewed April 12, 2006

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Apple Valley on April 12th for one night. It was one of cleanest rooms we have ever stayed in. Everyone was very friendly. It is close to the nicer outlet, which we walked to. We had the complimentary breakfast and it was good. I would stay there again because of how clean it was.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank NathansGrandma
Reviewed February 16, 2006

The Comfort Inn Apple Valley is located at the edge of Sevierville, TN just across the river from the Pigeon Forge Welcome Center and is located directly on the parkway.

We stayed at this hotel for two nights during February 2006. We found this hotel to be clean and well maintained, check in was pleasant and hassle-free as the necessary paperwork was ready and waiting upon arrival.

The breakfast was good, consisting of fruits, cereals, doughnuts, muffins, biscuits & gravy, coffee, tea(s), and juices. The breakfast room could have been larger, but then the same is true for most hotels.

Hot Apple Cider, Tea, and Coffee including liquid flavoring for the coffee are available in the lobby 24 hours per day. The indoor pool area included a hot tub, the pool was the typical size for Comfort Inn indoor pools.

Our Queen Suite was of average size with a nice sitting area consisting of two chairs and a sofa. The sitting area was located near the balcony door so that you could use natural light in the sitting area. As it was February we did not use the balcony but it appeared to be nice sized and private from the balcony next to it. The room had very comfortable beds, a refrigrator, microwave, and an extra vanity sink exterior to the be bathroom. Wireless High Speed Internet was provided with the room and connection was fast and simple.

Our experience was good and we would definitely stay at this hotel in the future, should we return to the Sevierville Area.

• Stayed: February 2006