“Great for visiting Dollywood”

Comfort Inn Apple Valley
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a pleasant surprise this turned out to be!
I didn’t expect much due to the location and the price, but it was one of the nicest stays we had on a long trip. It smells lovely, which always gives me a good impression of a place. The room numbers on the doors are in the shape of an apple, which I thought was cute.
Our room was to the rear of the building and huge, with a balcony overlooking a wooded hill.
Comfortable beds and very quiet, which made for a good night's sleep. Bathroom was adequate, but nothing special. There is an indoor and an outdoor pool, laundry facilities (heaven when you are on a long road trip!), and coffee (a bit too weak for my taste) and hot apple cider in the lobby.
Breakfast was decent: lots of choice and I particularly liked the waffle machine, so you could make your own waffles. The staff were really friendly.
It is close to lots of restaurants, an outlet mall and a pharmacy. It is easy to get to Dollywood and other area attractions from here.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the building on the 3rd floor and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CIAV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thanks for the great comments, and if you like us now visit us next spring and see all the changes we're making to make you want to come back again and again. It's always nice to know that what we do to make your stay enjoyable is noticed. I love sharing these comments with the staff.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I called this Inn specifically for a handicapped accomodation room. I was told we had a reservation for a handicapped room. Upon arrival, the room was NOT a handicapped room. We were offered one handicapped room which did not meet our specific needs. Even for able bodied folk, the bathroom was extremely small; you had to back into it to close the door.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CIAV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your time to share your comments. I would love to be able to respond to your comments, unfortunately, with no more information provided, I can't. Our ADA rooms do meet the requirements set forth by ADA. However, when we remodel in January we will be making some new changes in these rooms to better accomodate special needs. If you would like to discuss this at length, please call me at your convenience.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I are actually still here. We Leave in the morning but really like it here. This is our honeymoon (didn't get one last year). The both of us really like it here. The king size bed is comfortable and the pillows are amazing!!! Thinking about bringing our daughters (12 and 9) back next year. The breakfast was awesome!! Thanks for a wonderful time

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Crykal79
CIAV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

What a nice way to start a Monday. I'm smiling because you were so thoughtful to rate us before you left. What a nice compliment! Thanks from all of us, we truly appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for my sons birthday and had a wonderful time. Staff was very helpful. Pools were nice (indoor pool was a little cold) but the kids still enjoyed it. They have swings at the outdoor poor to enjoy while you are watching the kids play. We have a son who is lactose intolerant so we asked the lady at the breakfast room and she was extremely helpful and willing to help us with that. She got a book and told us what had milk in it and there was one item that wasn't in the book so she went back and pulled the label for it. You don't find service like this everywhere. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PandaTennessee
CIAV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

This makes my day! I am blessed to have caring people who enjoy helping others any way they can. Thank you for your kind words. This will be shared in our monthly newsletter.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My mom and I brought the kids for some back to school shopping and a trip to Dollywood. We arrived at 11am, the hotel had a room already available so we were able to check in and start shopping. Great location near Tanger Outlets. Walked to the nearby pizza place. Very convenient. Room was clean and comfortable. One of the best beds I've ever slept on. My daughter got some pizza sauce and cookie on the sheets the first night and when we came back to the room later the next day the maid had put clean sheets on the bed. Continental breakfast was great. Kids enjoyed both pools. Pool furniture was so comfortable. Staff as great. We absolutely loved our stay and will most definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy E
CIAV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks for choosing us as your hotel. I too, enjoy the pool area. My favorite seats are the covered swings. Hope the kids have their best year ever in school. And, we hope to see you and your family again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Good rate for a clean room with a superb location near Tanger Outlets in Pigeon Forge. We only stayed a night but enjoyed our stay and felt that we got a good value for the money. We have stayed here before and will likely do so again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
CIAV, General Manager at Comfort Inn Apple Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We will begin a total renovation beginning Jan. 2014. Please visit us again. We're really excited about our new look.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is in a nice setting with the river and the apple orchard in the back of the property.The only complaint would be that the hotel is getting a little old and could use an updating.There is a considerable amount of shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: We found the rooms in the higher rear floors to be fairly quite.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple