“Enjoyed Dinner at this quiet country restaurant”

PawPaw's Kajun Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 190 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A Taste Of New Orleans in the Smokies, we offer Fried Catfish,Fried Shrimp,Gumbo,Jambalaya,Red Beans & Rice,Shrimp Ettuoffee,New Orleans Muffalettas,Poboys- New Orleans Roastbeef & Gravy Poboy, Shrimp Poboy, Catfish Poboy.Alligator Bites, Hamburger Steak w/grilled onions,home made gravy,bread & mashed potato.We now serve Bar-B-Q Ribs & Pulled Pork.White Chocolate Bread Pudding,Chocolate layered Cake, pecan pie, boiled crawfish when in season, catfish acadiana,crab cakes. New hours are for winter months. Until March
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Excellent food, I enjoyed the crawfish eutofee (Yes this is super Louisiana dish) and my wife enjoyed her Gumbo. Then we both had a super catfish basket. Our plates empty ans Over satisfied.. we had to take the White Chocolate Bread Pudding home for later! Highly recommend.

Oh.. we've also enjoyed their New Orleans Sno-Balls severl times now. They do have the New Orleans machine that makes real snow.. No shaved ice here!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome! We just happen to drive by on our way from tubing. We originally just wanted snow balls but after taking to the waitress we decided to eat. Thank goodness we did! The food was amazing! My kids decided to try things they had never had. We ordered a ton of different things and everything was excellent! Next time I'm back in the area we are for sure eating there. Nice people too. We actually spent about 2hrs eating and chatting

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Super pleased with everything about this place. The owners were super nice and the food was the real deal! We had the catfish, fried shrimp, coleslaw and potato salad. Everything was great!!

2  Thank Katie F
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I got there around 5 pm. They were out of the shrimp and crawfish étouffée. They were out of the seafood gumbo so the waitress said they had some fresh boiled shrimp,potatoes and corn. The corn and potatoes were old and dry could not eat them. I could not peel the shrimp I finally gave up. At least she did not charge for the shrimp but I would not go back there to eat.

Pawpaw2160, Owner at PawPaw's Kajun Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

I wanted to thank you for stopping by . The waitress told us you was complaining the minute you sat down . As for as the things we didn't have on the menu . We had been out of town on family business a death in the family and mom with cancer . We didn't get back in town until late the night before you came in and didn't have time to catch up . We try hard to make sure you have a good meal and feel at home . For the shrimp we did find they were hard too peel and you were not charged and we did not sell anymore I don't know what was wrong with the potatoes and corn it was just boiled if you want a baked potatoe you were at the wrong place this corn and potatoes is boiled in the water that we boil seafood . Once again Thank You for stopping by and I'm sorry we didn't live up to your standard . We really try hard to please people . You can't please everyone .

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have eaten here ummmm honestly I can't even tell you how many times! Always good. I wanted to read the other reviews and honestly some of the negative comments are off beat from what we have experienced there. NEVER have we felt the cooks/owners were negative. If anything they go out of their way to make us feel at home. The menu isn't a huge menu but it's enough to get your Cajun fix. Cajun food is beyond better than anything you can get in the mountains. We love Paw Paws and are so excited they have Sno Balls now!

2  Thank ChadsCajunGal