“Best catfish in East Tennessee”

PawPaw's Kajun Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 190 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: A Taste Of New Orleans in the Smokies, we offer Fried Catfish,Fried Shrimp,Gumbo,Jambalaya,Red Beans & Rice,Shrimp Ettuoffee,New Orleans Muffalettas,Poboys- New Orleans Roastbeef & Gravy Poboy, Shrimp Poboy, Catfish Poboy.Alligator Bites, Hamburger Steak w/grilled onions,home made gravy,bread & mashed potato.We now serve Bar-B-Q Ribs & Pulled Pork.White Chocolate Bread Pudding,Chocolate layered Cake, pecan pie, boiled crawfish when in season, catfish acadiana,crab cakes. New hours are for winter months. Until March
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Catfish at most places has a very strong, fishy flavor but not here. They have the most mild and savory catfish anywhere. I prefer the catfish poboy but the catfish basket is great too. I am sure that they have other great choices but I get the catfish every time we go.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

PAWPAW'S KAJUN KITCHEN
2760 WEARS VALLEY ROAD
SEVIERVILLE, TN

(This fantastic little restaurant is located on Wears Valley Road (Highway 321) between Pigeon Forge and Townsend, TN. It is a short drive 6 miles southwest of the Parkway (Hwy. 441) in Pigeon Forge and 9 miles east of Townsend, TN. )

Delicioius food (Nawlin's Style)
Friendly 'down home' atmosphere
Owner strives for customer satisfaction
The owner/chef, Rebecca, knows how to cook 'dat cajun food !!!! ;)

We have been visiting this area for a couple of months, but had never stopped by PawPaw's in Wears Valley, until two nights ago, when we stumbled upon this little gem of a restaurant. My husband and I ordered the hamburger steak with grilled onions and homemade gravy. I had fries with mine and my husband had the mashed potatoes. WOW !!! What a DELICIOUS, large plate of food!! The hamburger steak was cooked perfectly. I, also, ordered the red beans and rice w/bread, which my husband and I shared and it, too, was sooooo YUMMY!!!! We were thrilled to find this little restaurant and will certainly make PawPaw's a favorite place to eat !!!

Can't wait to try the Muffaletta and Roast Beef PoBoy !!! ;)

BTW: Above the counter it reads: Les Bons Temps Rouler.
I asked the owner what that meant and she said, "LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL." ;)))
LOVE THIS PLACE AND Y'ALL WILL, TOO !!!!!!!!

* SEE MENU ON PHOTO

PawpawsKajunKitche, Owner at PawPaw's Kajun Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Just wanted to say thank you for your review & all your hard work. Wishing ya"ll a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We are from Louisiana and dined here after reading the reviews and were pleasantly surprised. PawPaw's is the real deal - enjoyed the seafood gumbo, boudin balls and roast beef poboys. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank KZW125
Reviewed November 22, 2013

People are extremely friendly, with a great atmosphere, food will keep you coming back :). Love it !

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stopped in here on a whim. So glad I did...had the shrimp po boy and white chocolate bread pudding. Shrimp was nicely crisp on the outside and well seasoned. The bread pudding was scrumptious but not overly sweet like so many desserts are nowadays. The atmosphere was clean and inviting, and the owner was very friendly. Will definitely go back to try the ettouffee and alligator, and she said they do fresh crawfish boils in the spring. We just moved to the area few months ago and it was very refreshing to find good food that's not in a chain restaurant on the parkway.