“Clean, Clean, Clean”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Clean, Clean, Clean”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This Sonic Drive-in has been at this location for years and looks brand new. The food is neatly prepaired and the service is excelent. Everything was served hot off the grill.

1 Thank JeepBuddy

pittsburgh pa
“great food fast sevice”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stopped here after we left dollywood and needed a cheap dinner and everyone was pleased with the food and the sevice was fast.

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,756 helpful votes
“Good Food, Good Prices, OK Service”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

My husband and I ate at this Sonic location on Friday 9-12-2008 when vacationing in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. We both love Sonic for a quick bite to eat. So, we decided to get Sonic for lunch on our way back from visiting the HUGE Smokies Flea Market.

We pulled up to the drive-in and pushed the button to place our order. We ordered 2 sonic cheeseburgers (one junior and one regular sized), sodas, and french fries. Here you can get french fries OR tater tots as your side. The tots are good, but I prefer the fries. I ordered my CHEESEburger with ketchup, tomato, and pickle only. Probably within 10 minutes or so our food was brought out to our car by one of the car-hops. Immediately, I noticed that my burger did NOT have any CHEESE on it. So, we had to push the button to speak to the ordering counter again. We told them that I did not get any CHEESE on my CHEESEburger. So they said they would send out some cheese. I thought it was kind of strange that they wouldnt just make a new burger and take the wrong one back, but I guess that would be wasteful. So within a minute or so, the car-hop was back with a small bag that had a few slices of cheese in an ice cream boat/tray. I just added the cheese and continued on with my lunch. The burgers were tasty and juicy---as always has been my experience at any Sonic Drive-In. The fries were crispy, hot, and tasty too. I enjoyed my Sonic lunch, as did my husband. This Sonic location did not disappoint on the quality of food..it was great!

After finishing my cheeseburger and fries, I decided that I wanted to get something off the dessert menu. Sonic has a nice ice cream selection...cones, sundaes, floats, milkshakes, malts, banana splits, java chillers and Sonic Blasts (candy pieces mixed in ice cream). So we pushed the button again to speak to the ordering counter. At the time, they were offering a "limited time offer" for a junior banana split for a dollar (or 99cents)...so I decided to get that. Within 5 minutes or so, my Junior Banana Split was out to my car. It was really good. I love banana splits, but can never eat a whole one by myself..so I was excited that they had a small version on the menu at the time. I wish it were offered ALL the time! Sonic often has "limited time offers", so check out what is new when you visit. The only trouble I have with the limited offers is that I usually fall in love with it and wish it were on the menu year round! I still miss the Banana Split Blast!

NOTE: SONIC has a dollar menu similar to other fast food chains. In addition to burgers and fries at Sonic...they offer breakfast ALL DAY, chicken sandwichces, Extra long chili cheese dogs(onions available), onion rings, chicken wraps, and mozzerella cheese sticks. Only things I think they could add to make the menu more complete would be a seafood selection (like popcorn shrimp or fish filet) and a salad...unless they already have one & I just missed it on the menu? In addition to sodas, they offer slushes, cream slushes, flavored limeades, teas, milk, smoothies, juices and coffees (frozen, hot or chilled). They also have a kids menu that offers chicken strips, grilled cheese, burgers, or CORNdogs. The kids menu also has healthy choices for sides (like other fast food chains). So, if you dont want fries or tots..you can select a banana or string cheese. And you can opt for the milk, juice, punch, or a slush instead of a soda for the kids meal if you want to avoid caffeinated beverages!

TIP: If you go to SONIC during the 2pm-4pm hours, it is Happy Hour...which means you get 1/2 off the drinks & slushes (cream slush excluded).

Overall, I had a VERY GOOD experience at this Sonic. The food was GREAT. The prices were GREAT. The overall food selection is GOOD. The ice cream menu is pretty good too!! The service was OK. The car-hop was not the friendliest, but definately not the worst I had seen. AND She was prompt at delivering the food. The kitchen did forget the cheese on my burger, but did attempt to fix the problem to my satisfaction. I would visit this Sonic location again when in town...especially if I was just looking for a GOOD QUICK BITE TO EAT at decent prices!!!!

Summerville, SC
“The worst Sonic ever!”
Reviewed October 12, 2008

After a very long day of driving, we could find only a smattering of restaurants still open, so we pulled into Sonic's. The servers were gathered around one car and having a great time laughing and no one was getting served. It took what seemed like forever for someone to take our order. When the food finally arrived, the order was wrong. Again, they took a ridiculously long time to answer our "bell" and correct our order. When we finally received our food, most of it was cold. There are several other problems too, but bottom line is stay away from this Sonic.