“Would stay here again”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
charlotte, North Carolina, USA
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Room was clean and nice, beds were confortable. Breakfast was good and the staffs were friendly. They helped me on how to get to area the quickest way. Hotel is self is located on the main road and it is safe. I would defiantly stay here again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was the cleanest Best westrn I've stayed in. I had a great stay . Manager is personable, which gave it that intimate feeling. Great stay!! The lady behind the desk at check-in was extremely helpful. very clean very nice if i ever come to this area this is the place i would like to stay very safe also...!!!

Room Tip: very safe area...!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
St. Somewhere
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The room had a terrible moldy or musty smell. I ask to switch rooms but they said they were booked, The thing that bothers me the most is that they acted like it was no big deal. They never even sent anyone to the room to check out the smell so they obviously know there is a problem. Even an air freshener would have at least showed effort on their part. I went and bought a bottle of Frebreeze and used over half of the bottle in the room. It didnt really help. After filling out a survey, they offer me a 15 percent discount on my NEXT stay! BAAAHHHHAAA Not gonna happen Folks. You had your chance to make good and you blew it. Ive read several reviews about the same problem. Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Youll be happier staying in your car.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Landshark69
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2011

It was nice place to stay for me and my family. Staff was friendly and they helped me lot when I asked for directions on how to get some of the places in the area. Rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. I would stay again at this place when I come back to this area. I have stayed at the other hotels in the area but this was the far best that I have found.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DSammy01
tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I've stayed in several Best Western motels, but never in one quite like this. It was the most horrible experience I have had in a very long time. I should have known at check in, when you could not even understand the check in clerk (who was friendly by the way) that we needed to just keep on going. We ordered a smoking room, so we didn't expect it to be freshly clean smelling, but when you walked in the room, it was like walking into an ashtray smelling cloud. I don't think the curtains or bed spreads have ever been washed. I had to go out and buy a candle to burn, the smell was so bad....They left us 2 towels and there were three of us (my husband, myself and our teenaged son). When my son asked the cleaning staff who was two doors down for an extra set of towels, he was told no. We had a do not disturb sign on our door, which did not stop the cleaning crew from knocking on our door wanting to clean it at 9:30 am...CHECK OUT IS NOT UNTIL 11. We didn't even bother with the "free" breakfast when we saw the tiny little breakfast room that looked horribly dirty was located BEHIND the front desk.

I will say the desk clerk was friendly, my son left his camera in one of the drawers and didn't realize it until the next day. I called the hotel and he immediatly went to check the room and found the camera. He offered to mail it back, which he did and we are very appreciative of that..except that I wish he would have told me that he was going to mail it priority collect which cost me almost $30. It would have been cheaper for me to drive the 1-1/2 hrs and pick it up...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank heyitsme45
BWGreenbrierInn, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
In response to the concerns mentioned ~ the carpets in the sleeping rooms had just been cleaned & if the carpet is still damp there will be an odor. The breakfast room is located in a seperate building across from the main building ~ this is communicated to our guests at check-in.

We have extra towels, linens & supplies @ the front desk ~ we prefer that our guests call or come by to request additional items.

Thank you for staying with us @ Best Western ~ Greenbrier Inn!
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The first room we went in to smelled like someone had smoked a carton of cigarettes, even though we were in a non-smoking room. In addition, ALL of the furniture was ON TOP OF THE BEDS. Seriously! The table, the chairs, etc., etc., WERE ON TOP OF THE BEDS. I am not kidding. Really. I am freakin' serious. It was like being in a fun-house at the local fair. The words "holy crap" come to mind.

I went to the front desk and the employee was very helpful and moved us into the room next door to the bizarro room. It smelled just as bad. Although this time the furniture was actually on the floor and not doing a balancing act on the beds.

I returned once again and was put into another room, which, again stunk.

We came to the conclusion that the rooms in this hotel all have a very musty odor as if there had been a flood (perhaps this is why the furniture was on the bed in the first room--it must have been trying to avoid going down stream) and perhaps there was mold growing in the rooms.

In any event, at that time we decided to stop switching rooms as this was becoming aggravating and we were tired.

In addition, the room felt and appeared generally dirty. The back of the bathroom door appeared to have dried urine on it. DRIED! It's WORSE than wet!

Also, in the shower, we had to engage in a strange form of the chicken dance. The temperature would routinely jump radically quickly between horribly scalding hot and ice cold (similar to walking barefoot in Antarctica in the winter). I've never actually experienced a shower that changes its moods that quickly nor that violently, but it was massively annoying. I am working through this in therapy.

And what about the magic soap? Really, I prefer liquid soap and I wasn't disappointed. Yes indeed. The bar soap started out in perfect bar form but with the horrible leak coming from the bathroom faucet, the bar soap quickly turned into liquid soap as it sat in a puddle of water. And, interestingly as that water dried, the soap would reconstitute itself into a bar like shape. This was highly inconvenient because: 1. I was deprived now of my liquid soap; and 2. It adhered itself like concrete to the counter. However one good note here: I finally "got it". Yes, I finally understood my 9th grade science class.

Lastly, WiFi? What WiFi? I couldn't even check Facebook for the love of all that is good and holy!!!!! My friends had no idea of the terrible burns on my back (from the shower) and the nightmares (from the psycho furniture). Honestly, the WiFi would come and go. We did find however that the closer we got to the door out of the room, the better the WiFi was (coincidence? I think not!). So instead of lounging happily on the bed with our laptop, we glued ourselves to the door. Think velcro.

Due to these problems--moldy/mildewy/smoky rooms, psycho furniture, CHICKEN DANCE!, needing to become overly familiar with the front door in order to use WiFi, and, uh hem, urine where it clearly should not be (bad aim?!), we will not stay here again, nor will we recommend this property and sadly, we will strongly consider these factors when considering Best Western in the future.

Thank you for listening.

Room Tip: Ummm...don't freakin' stay here?!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank kriknosretep
BWGreenbrierInn, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Sorry that first room should have still taken out of order the carpet had just been cleaned. The shower should have maintained a steady temperature for we have a circulating pumps to prevent this. As for the bars of soap we try to keep fresh bars in rooms at all time. I hope you will reconsider Best Western for they are a very good franchise and price.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We got a good Priceline rate and were visiting Dollywood. I'm glad we were here rather than closer to the park -- though this property is on the Parkway surrounded by more tourist stuff, it's just a little less garish than Pigeon Forge and a quick trip down the road. The breakfast room was nice; the room was just fine, with microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends