“Absoloutely amazing and fun!”
Review of Hike The Smokys

Hike The Smokys
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our philosophy is: We're here to guide our participants on safe, enjoyable, and relaxing encounters with nature, primarily, in The Great Smokys Mountains National Park. We're privately insured, and commercially licensed by the Great Smokys National Park, to conduct adventures in the Park. We primarily provide guided historical, recreational, day hikes for couples, and families, with professional photography included. But, we also do much more! We stand out from others tour companies since we also provide private "nature encounters", or highly personalized, hikes, camping and kayaking excursions, designed for those seeking solitude and answers, about the "deeper things" they may be going through in their life. Many of our previous guests have discovered on previous "encounter" trips, that the beautiful Smoky Mountains provide an ideal environment, for contemplation and enlightenment. Primarily, because you are safely guided, to beautiful vistas, far removed from the noise, cell phones, and clamor of everyday life. Once these distractions are removed, and you're surrounded by your Creator's beautiful nature, your senses, and thinking processes are sharpened, especially when dealing with the deeper questions affecting your life. We've termed these personalized excursions as"nature encounters", which are our highly customized approach to adventuring, that would normally be just another vacation, yet has had profound and moving affects on several of our customers. Our adventures occur primarily in the beautiful, and magnificent, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, in Tennessee. Not only do we take you to some amazing places, but we also professionally photograph you in those settings, and include photos with many of our hiking and kayaking events. Our adventures are customized for just one person, or for several. We are very unique, since we take the time to necessary to listen, and find out what event, trail, or activity you'd enjoy the most, before you make any commitment. No other tour company provides this kind of service. We've had the pleasure of creating hundreds of customized events for single folks, single parents with kids, and large family groups, who like you, were just looking for a safe enjoyable adventure with nature. Among our most memorable events have been: Midnight Mountain Sunrise hikes, kayaking on a lake to an island, hike-ins and camping overnight, group hikes, private surprise engagement hikes, and honeymoon hikes. Most of our events are for all ages, and experience levels. We provide safe, friendly and uplifting guidance and preparation, which includes analysis of park conditions including; weather, traffic, bear activity, trail and shelter closures, obtaining proper permits etc., to provide the best and most private trails, to maximum our customer's experience. This is why all of our events are by reservations only, because we know you don't want just another ordinary "vacation". So, contact us now, and let your imagination "run wild"!
Reviewed February 9, 2016

Steve is an excellent and knowledgeable guide! I have hiked with him on several hikes and the hikes have always been AMAZING! He knows a lot of trails and waterfalls that are not the usual "tourist" spots and I love exploring and discovering these new natural wonders.

HikerGuideSteve, Owner at Hike The Smokys, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2016

Thank you so much! It's always great to hear from one of my past hiker/Kayakers, who shares the same wanderlust of the Park as I do; exploring the "hidden" trails of the Smokys and the area lake and islands, and who never settles for just the "ho-hum" crowded tourist trails. Of course, the trails we've hiked were sometimes fraught with water crossings and bears, but at the very least, they are always safely lead you to an adventure and a great story to take back to your friends! So good to hear from you "Miss Fascinating"!

All reviews
"trekking poles"
"family man"
"kayaking trip"
in 2 reviews
"great smoky mountain national park"
"our honeymoon"
"through groupon"
"took pictures"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 1, 2016 via mobile

Steve is absolutely amazing the tour was great we truly enjoyed it! It was me and my husband honeymoon! I've never been hiking and it was a awesome experience !!! I'll never forget ! You want to take on hiking with this guy! He is fun and very talkative can't wait for our pics to come in the mail! -Jeff and Keturah

HikerGuideSteve, Owner at Hike The Smokys, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2016

Thank you Jeff & Keturah! I really appreciate your review! You guys were so much fun to hike with! I was so touched as to how kind and loving you are to each other. It was a blessing to witness another couple who will obviously will have a long, joyful and lasting marriage! I hope the Coast Guard will keep you and Jeff together in the same part of the world! May God continue to bless your relationship beyond your wildest imagination!

Reviewed January 27, 2016 via mobile

I waited until we got home to write this review. We spent the beginning of our final day hiking with Steve and it was amazing. Our hike had to be rescheduled last minute due to weather conditions with snowfall, but Steve was amazing. Not only did he help rescheduling, but us being from Florida he even offered to assist with anything we needed while here. Steve is amazing guide very knowledgeable, you honestly feel like you're hiking with a friend. We hope to return next year and do this again. Thank you, from Jordyn and myself. Thank you for an amazing time.

HikerGuideSteve, Owner at Hike The Smokys, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2016

Thank you Olivia and Jordyn! I'm so glad you both a great time! I really appreciate your comments, especially in light of the rather tricky maneuvering we all had to do on those very slick ice covered rocks! :) I felt like I was hiking with friends as well. I'm so glad we were able to work around the snow storm! Let's do it again!

Reviewed December 31, 2015

I waited until we were home to write this review, because it is of utmost importance that I express how absolutely wonderful this guide is, and I wanted to be sure to impart to anyone considering hiring Steve as their guide how highly recommended he really is. We had never been to the Smoky Mountains, and wanted to find someone that could take us on a trail hike that would not only be accommodating to the various ages in our group, but also provide local knowledge and spectacular views- Steve did all of this and more! The trail Steve took our family on was fun, felt safe, wasn't too long for us (and I'd bet he knows just the perfect trail for you if you tell him what you're looking for), and we ended up at a picturesque waterfall that frankly felt magical, a memory for a lifetime- the entire experience felt customized for us. Steve is warm, engaging, knowledgeable about the area, and the kids just loved him, and frankly so did we, it felt like we were hiking with a friend. He is happy to give you rests if you need them too, it's not a rushed hike which really allows you to soak it all in.The views along the trail are just stunning. Add to that that he took some of the best photos of our family we've ever seen. He recommends the walking poles, which we in our novice arrogance thought to refuse, but he explained how helpful they are on the hike, and boy is he right! Trust me, take the walking poles- you'll be glad you did! If you're reading this review, believe me when I say that you should immediately book your hike with him. I cannot imagine a better experience., To say it lived up to all of our expectations and then some would still be an understatement, There just aren't enough superlatives to say how much we loved this part of our trip! I leave honest reviews from our experiences, detailing the good and bad, in this case there simply isn't a single bad thing to say.

HikerGuideSteve, Owner at Hike The Smokys, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2016

Dianna, I really appreciate your generous and eloquent compliments! It is so very gratifying to me personally, to know that my efforts have made some great and wonderful memories for you (and pictures too), your husband and children!
Of course, customers like you and your family, who are so warm and loving among yourselves as well as to a total stranger like me, amplify my efforts 100 fold!
I'm glad to hear that my enthusiasm and love for "turning people on" to our National Park shows. You have given me a boost of energy. to help me continue on with my vision, and energed me to climb any mountain hurtles I encounter involving both ramping up my business, and actually climbing the next mountain peak for the coming years!
May God Continue To Bless You and Your Wonderful Family!
Thank your!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

Our family of 16 was looking for something special to experience the Great Smoky Mountains for the first time! Steve was the man! He lead all of us ranging from 51 to 5 on this beautiful hike. In the end we were rewarded with the beautiful Spruce Flats Falls! This was our hike...Steve provided us with some history of this area, took some beautiful pictures of all of us and gave us an overall great experience. I highly recommend Steve to make sure your experience in the smokies is extra special!

1  Thank Gus L

Thanks so much Gus!
You guys WERE the "something special". I was simply letting the warmth and love among yourselves hookup with the beauty of nature! :)
I was so impressed as to how well everyone took care of each other and got along.
It's rare to have 16 people on one hike with such positive attitudes and no negative or whining comments!
This allows me to simply love you back by doing what I do i.e. guiding people into the presence and beauty of our Creator and His Creation in The Great Smoky Mountains!
Thank you for the privilege! Let's do it again!!!