Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
840jenniferg
Western Kentucky
via mobile

All reviews car enthusiast classic cars nice cars old cars my husband car guy awesome collection great car mint condition vanishing point take your time large collection own pace gift shop bring your camera rainy day take photos
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a great place to see a lot of cars. It was a very good value. It would be nice if you could see the inside of all of the cars, but still worth the trip if you like cars.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We are car enthusiasts and had a great time. We had been several years ago, and there were several different cars from that last visit. Some are from private collections on loan, so displays can be different from year to year. Only $11 each for admission and this was a great way to spend a rainy morning. If you like car shows, you should like this.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Went to Floyd's muscle car museum while we were staying in Wears Valley. I wanted to go to see the 65 Dodge Hemi Super Stock listed on the front page of the website.
Paid the $22 for my wife & I to go in which is steep considering you can go to a local car show & see similar vehicles for free. As we walked through the door, there was a note saying A/C was not working well & it is hotter than usual in the museum. Being that it was a 90 degree day it was uncomfortable in the museum.
We looked at the cars but not as long as we normally do because it was so hot in there.
I was disappointed to see sodium vapor lighting in the building, which makes for very poor lighting of the vehicles. Don't plan to get nice pictures of the vehicles because of the lighting.
As I walked around the whole museum sweating, I could not find the 65 Hemi Super Stock. I thought it might be in a special area. When we exited the museum, I asked Floyd where the 65 Dodge Coronet Super Stock was & he replied "That car is gone." I proceeded to ask if it left recently to which he replied, "No, that car has been gone for quite some time now." I told Floyd he should consider updating his website because it is on the front page & says "Come & See this Bad Boy!" He sort of shrugged his shoulders & that was it. No apologies.
Save your money & do something outdoors while you are in the area. There is too much beauty down in the Smokey Mountains to waste your time & money at the Muscle Car Museum.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

We stopped at the museum as my husband was simply curious! Were we surprised. Their collection of cars was beyond what we imagined. The flow of the exhibit is easy to follow and each car has information clearly displayed. What may appear to be a little road side attraction is quite the contrary - this is a must-see display of auto history for car fans of all ages!

1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by on a rainy day. There were some nice and interesting cars. We asked a few questions about restoration but no answers were given??

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Some really beautiful muscle cars, from old to new. Most have their backstory, which adds to the value of the visit. If you like cars, don't miss this one!

Reviewed August 30, 2018

Do not miss this Muscle car museum.
The cars are great. The building is clean has heat and air. It is a great place for the entire family or a guys get away from the women. Either way you cannot go wrong visiting this museum.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I've been going to Floyd Garrett's Muscle Car Museum for years. Floyd's collection of muscle cars is excellent! He's added some street rods, customs, modern muscle cars, to his collection along with interesting automotive collectibles.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

This place has a lot of amazing classics!! A lot of cars I was familiar with and definitely a NASCAR fan’s Heaven!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Always a fan of muscle cars, I found the collection of muscle cars here most excellent. Boasting 90+ muscle cars (I didn't count, but there were a lot), the museum's collection was great!

It was easy to see cars up close and the collection was quite varied. Well worth the visit if you are a muscle car fan.

The staff was super friendly and the price of admission was very reasonable.