“Web site very deceiving.”

Appleview River Resort
Pineville, Louisiana
“Web site very deceiving.”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I swore to myself after our trip I would write a review because I find them so useful. My husband and our three children went to the smokies to hike. We were not very concerned with a resort except we did want quiet and a place for our twelve year old to fish. The location is very nice. We never saw the staff our entire five nights. There is no fishing or canoeing as advertised. We stayed in the condominiums facing the river. The accomodations are nice BUT the walls are paper thin. My son who slept on the couch was awakened every night by a neighbor screaming at her small child and then the child crying himself to sleep. VERY DISTURBING. The only other thing I found wrong was that the master bath is impossible to get in and out of. I don't know who designed this but unless you are young you will definitely hurt yourself getting out of this tub. The other units that are not condominiums may be better built and the price was very good since we were in the mountains most of the time. I think next time I would try the Holiday Inn Express we saw down the street.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank spendingtime2gether

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Rincon Georgia
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We just returned from a four night stay with Appleview River Resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. They are located just behind the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant so it is very convenient to everything we did, but it was far enough away from the parkway to be quiet. I had read some so-so reviews and was worried, but for the price decided to try it anyway. I am so glad that I did. They are under new management and the owners were very nice and helpful. The condo was very clean and looked much like the pictures on the website. Our balcony overlooked the river and had a mountain view as well. We had access to a pool, exercise room, game room and hot tub. I would reccommend Appleview Resort to anyone looking for a nice, clean, convenient and well priced place to stay on their vacation and I will definitely be using them again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed in one of the four bedroom units. We called to see if unit was ready before arriving and were told it was. After carrying all of our bags up on the elevator (no luggage carts) and settling in, we started checking things out. There was a sock behind one bed, toys behind the dresser, the kitchen floor still had crumbs under the cabinets, a half eaten roll and dorito was under one chair in the living room, yellow bb's and candywrapers everywhere, a q-tip in the master bathroom...just to list a few things. We did some vaccumming ourselves, as there is no daily maid service. We did not call the office to report, but should have.

Building 5 is under construction and equipment can be heard early!

• Liked — Enough bedrooms that no one had to share
  • Disliked — cleanliness, location of pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
East TN
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We stayed in Condo 311 at the Appleview River Resort from 6/20/08 thru 6/22/08. We checked in late and as we were unloading the car we accidentally locked the keys in the condo. I called the 'emergency' after hours number and a very friendly man was there to unlock the door in minutes. The unit itself was incredibly nice, very clean and neatly decorated. I am a very picky person who will not stay in just any average hotel or condo so this place is exactly what I have been looking for in the area. We have stayed in other places including some upscale cabins but this is by far my best experience. Upon checkout the lady in the office was extremely friendly so the entire staff appears to be top notch. We really did not want to leave after a short weekend so we definitely plan to return for a longer stay soon.

• Liked — Cleanliness, staff & location
  • Disliked — We had to leave
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed May 23, 2008

This was our second visit to Appleview in the last 7 months. In October 2007 we stayed in the Villas, great. This time we stayed in the Orchards. Once again, we were very pleased. Everything is supplied in the condos, very clean - which is one thing I do expect when spending the night. The location is good, so convenient to get onto the parkway and see the sights; but Appleview is quiet and peaceful. I feel most people would like some peace and quiet from our hectic schedules. We will continue to stay at Appleview since my son is in graduate school in Virginia and we live outside of Nashville, TN. I recommend Appleview to everyone I talk with who is considering a visit to the Smokies.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Relax1994
New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2008

We first came here through a condo exchange and we liked it so much that we came back 2 more times. It used to be called Appleview Farms Plantation.

We stayed in the villas, which are 1 story homes consisting of 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, dining area, living room, 2 car garage, front porch with rockers and small rear patio. The unit had a dishwasher and washer and dryer. This is a perfect situation for us because my mother-in-law has a heart condition and cannot do stairs or walk very far. We can drive right up to the front door.

It is located around 2 miles off the parkway in Sevierville, just across the border from Pigeon Forge. We found this to be an extremely convenient location near the Tanger Outlets and the Apple Barn. It is close to the shopping and restaurants on the Parkway, but away from the congestion and noise. The resort is very quiet.

Do not come here if you are looking for a resort experience with a lot of amenities. There is an outdoor pool but nothing else.

All of the units that we stayed in were clean and well maintained. The units are individually owned and decorated, and they were spacious and comfortable.

There are also 2 story units and, across the street, there are a couple of condominium-style buildings that face on the river.

• Liked — nice accommodations, convenient location
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank happywanderer856
Rydal, GA
Reviewed July 27, 2007

My husband and I had a great time on this trip, however the website is quite deceiving about the appearance of the property. It was under construction, maybe by now it is finished, be sure and ask before booking. The unit was very nice and spacious for a 1 BR. The staff was EXCELLENT!! The vision of the completion of this resort is GREAT, we will definitely return when it's completed.

• Liked — The condo and it's location to attractions
  • Disliked — The Spa and pool weren't finished
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Motherof4Rydal_GA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Margaritaville Island Hotel
Margaritaville Island Hotel
#8 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,226 reviews

Been to Appleview River Resort? Share your experiences!