“Honey Bear Cabin”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vicki W
Portland, Michigan, United States
“Honey Bear Cabin”
Reviewed June 17, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We stayed at Honey Bear Cabin the week of June 9 through the 15th. The cabin was nice but a lot of stairs to get up to it. It also has a spiral staircase which is pretty to look at but not so fun to navigate with luggage. For younger people it is not a problem. I am mid sixties and didn’t think about it when I booked.
Our 8 year old grandson loved the arcade games and foosball table. He was not allowed to play pool as he is too young and I did not want anything to happen to the table.
The cabin is comfortable though the couch is older and not too comfy for sitting. The chair is nice and comfy.
The king bed in the master was very comfortable.
Our grandson had the queen bed in the loft to himself. He seemed to sleep well. We did not use the hot tub or jacuzzi.
The ceiling fan in the master does not work.
There is a lack of space to put clothes. Some pegs for hanging a few things on. The loft has no chest or dresser for clothes to be stored in.
There is a lack of eating utensils. I found two table knives and five forks. There were enough spoons and lots of cooking utensils. The coffee pot works great. As an FYI - it uses cone shaped filters. I had regular filters and they worked fine. There is also a Kuerig that works great.
Depending on how many in your party, there are 6 dinner plates and one larger plate. You have to run the dishwasher every day.
Be careful using the dryer. The drum pulls away from the side and clothes get caught. I had three pieces of clothing slightly damaged.
Several light bulbs need replacing including the one over the stove. The sink is in the corner and there is no overhead lighting in the area above the sink.
All in all it is a nice cabin. If you choose to go there, enjoy your stay.
I loved the back deck. Not really a view - just woods but it is very peaceful.

laurenyw
“Relaxing and private”
Reviewed December 1, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Honey Bear Cabin was perfect for our family if four. The kids loved all the games and having their very own loft. The downstairs was cozy and romantic. We had everything we needed. We even got to see some wild turkeys in the backyard while relaxing in the hot tub. Perfect location! Would definitely choose Honey Bear again!

IrixGuy
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great location, secluded and close to activities”
Reviewed April 21, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

First, I must say that the booking experience was top-notch! The owner was a quick, friendly and thorough communicator. My wife and I were seeking a secluded cabin that was a short drive from Ober Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains National Park. This cabin was an approximate 15-minute scenic drive from Ober Gatlinburg. If a visit to town wasn't on the agenda, it was easy to take the bypass and head straight into the National Park. We stayed for six nights and hiked all but two days. During one rainy day, we enjoyed playing pool and other games upstairs in the cabin. During the other rainy day, we shopped and ate in Ober Gatlinburg. What was so great about this cabin is that one could simply stay in the cabin, cook and relax without having to go anywhere. The jacuzzi on the deck was amazing! There was a heart-shaped hot tub indoors too but we never used it, since the jacuzzi on the deck was so incredible! There was a deck on the front and the back of the cabin. The deck on the back offered an incredible view of a pond and wilderness. Please note though that the pond had "private property" signs posted, so don't expect to explore it. There was another cabin several hundred yards behind the cabin that was hardly visible and we never heard any noise coming from it. There was a cabin fairly close on the uphill side but we could only hear people talking if we were sitting on the front deck while grilling. When we were in the jacuzzi on the back deck, it was as if that cabin didn't exist. There were plenty of trees between it and our cabin to provide privacy. The front deck was incredible too! We sat on the front deck while grilling. The front deck overlooked a tiny, woodsy road with a minimal amount of traffic. The entire cabin was located deep within the wilderness. It definitely felt very secluded! We cooked almost every breakfast and dinner in the cabin and ate beef jerky and other "trail foods" for lunch while hiking. There were plenty of pots, pans, cooking utensils, etc. in the cabin. We purchased all of our groceries at home and transferred them all from our coolers to the full-size refrigerator and freezer when we arrived. That allowed us to spend more time vacationing and zero time shopping for groceries. Be sure to bring laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, trash bags, etc. The cabin was super clean and the air conditioner worked great! The high-speed Internet was not "blazing fast" but was reliable enough to get the job done. Be aware that this cabin is in a valley of sorts, so don't expect "views from the top of a mountain." That's not a complaint but keep that in mind if a "mountain view" is a requirement for your cabin rental. I would definitely rent this cabin again! As far as any minor complaints are concerned, the TV in the bedroom did not work (not that we cared) and the charcoal grill was the campground-style grill (no cover) but it had fallen off of the pole. I had to improvise and place it directly on the dirt to grill. Had a known that, I would have packed my portable baby Weber charcoal grill for the trip. There was a gas grill too but cooking on gas is not my thing. I may would also add a chair/small table at the bottom of the stairs in the front for people that are grilling. This was a great place to stay and please feel free to watch my Smoky Mountain videos on my YouTube channel too!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Kathryn S
“Beautiful cabin and perfect location!”
Reviewed April 21, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed in this cabin over spring break and it was perfect! It was very clean and exactly as pictured. We had plenty of towels and washcloths, and all of the necessities in the kitchen. The location was perfect as it was located right between downtown Pigeon Forge and downtown Gatlinburg. It was really nice to have a washer and dryer right there in the cabin. We really enjoyed the hot tub and the porch swing as well. It was great to have the foosball table, pool table, video game machine, and the Wii for my son and grand daughter. They had such a wonderful time playing the games for hours! This cabin was truly a wonderful escape, and would definitely stay there again.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed January 15, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

A TripAdvisor Member
“Very beautiful”
Reviewed November 9, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the cabin in June and height of the the heat in the cabin was well cooled come from we set in a good location easy to get to just outside of town. I would recommend this cabin for my friends and family if needed a place to stay . The owner or renter of this cabin was very easy to work with and rates were very accommodating

Reviewed November 1, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing