“HUNGRY HORSES”

Walden Creek Horseback Riding Stables
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my first time on a horse EVER!! THe guide chose the "kids horse" for me which was fine. HOLLYWOOD was very hungry, he doesnt get to graze he gets fed hay in the barn. THe trail goes right through the hay field in the beginning and the end of the trip so all this horse wanted to do is eat. I couldnt get him to stop, they kept telling me to pull harder and kick him but nothing worked. I was nervous and just knew he was gonna throw me off. THe streams we went through were pretty deep and the ride was beautiful.

1  Thank Barb C
calamityjane10, Manager at Walden Creek Horseback Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I hope that you enjoyed your overall experience. Our horses do like that fresh grass, sorry that Hollywood gave you a hard time thru the hayfield. We look forward to having you come back and ride with us again. Yee-ha

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I returned for second ride but no 4hour ride offered. I'm gonna try making reservations next time. I would recommend them for a pleasure experience overall...

1  Thank JLT1234
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked in for a two o'clock ride but as it was apparent we would be early, rang ahead and it was no problem for them. When we arrived 15 minutes later the horses were saddled and ready for us. With just the three of us in the party, our guide Matt took us for a lovely ride through the forest, across creeks and past some local curiosities. The horses were alert and knew what to do, no need for riding experience and they were easy to manage. Great value and a lovely way to see the local natural beauty.

2  Thank AusfamCarine
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've been to a few stables here & there and this one was hands down the best. They give great instruction and pair you with a horse based on your experience. Which for me was good since I've had horses before. I didn't just have a "trail horse" that follows the leader!!!

2  Thank Dawn L
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I went to Walden Creek with my 18 year old daughter and three of her friends on April 1, 2013. We had the best time. I loved it and the girls loved it. To be quite honest, it was the highlight of our spring break trip. No matter what restaurant, attraction, motel etc, you read reviews about there will be negative reviews. Some people just can't be pleased.

2  Thank myoung2165