“Pigeon river hideaway was awesome”
other travelers have booked this property
Pigeon River Hideaway taken from the river
Pigeon River Hideaway from the driveway Pigeon River looking upriver from the deck
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Pigeon River Hideaway from the driveway
Pigeon River looking upriver from the deck
Pigeon River looking from the deck
Front deck facing the Pigeon River
Master Bedroom
Second Bedroom
2 person Jacuzzi overlooking Pigeon River
Great room with wood stove/fireplace and HD TV
Great room overlooking the Pigeon River
Great room and screened in porch
Screened in porch, porch swing and breakfast table overlooking the Pigeon River
kitchen
Third bedroom in the lower level
Looking upriver in front of Pigeon River Hideaway
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeffrey S
“Pigeon river hideaway was awesome”
Reviewed April 7, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Beautiful property. Awesome, clean, spacious cabin with a wonderful wood stove. Family and kids loved it and wish we could have stayed longer.

Management Response
Apr 22, 2018
Thank you! We are very glad that you had a great time on the Pigeon River!
cleepipp
Crestview, Florida
“A Wonderful Christmas Getaway”
Reviewed January 1, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

I cannot say enough good things about the Little Pigeon River Hideaway. It was absolutely perfect for our family. My husband and I wanted a cabin big enough for our two adult children and soon to be daughter-in-love for the week after Christmas. This one fit the bill to a tee. I had read in another review that you can hear the river the moment you open your car door. This was one of the reasons we chose this cabin. I was not disappointed! The cabin owners were very helpful and gave detailed instructions on how to reach the cabin. We had no trouble obtaining the keys or turning off the alarm. The kitchen was equipped with just about anything you might need to cook a full meal. I brought some things from home, but was thankful to find the few things I forgot in a cabinet or drawer. There are two bedrooms upstairs that share a bathroom with a jaccuzi tub and one bedroom downstairs that has a shower only. The kitchen, dining, and living areas are on the main entry level. There is a bathroom, with stand up shower on this floor. A washing machine and dryer are located in this bathroom. We especially enjoyed the screened in side porch and balcony. Although it was very cold, sitting outside and listening to the river was irresistible! If I had any cons to mention at all, it would be that all of the beds were double sized. My husband and I have slept on a King size for over a decade and this was difficult to adjust to. The only other thing is that there are no window shades to provide privacy over one of the windows in the left upstairs bedroom(the one my husband and I chose) or in the upstairs bathroom. While this was okay during the daylight hours, I felt very uncomfortable changing clothes or using the restroom at night since the lights allowed anyone outside to see in clearly. There are several cabins across the creek and fairly steady traffic on a road. All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay. I would highly recommend The Hideaway as a place to relax in a wonderfully peaceful setting. A warm 'thank you' to the Felietz's for helping to make this Christmas trip a wonderful time!

NorthStar...
“Great”
Reviewed December 6, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This was our second trip to the hiseaway. The area changing leafs were beautiful. As usual the house is in good shape and quite easily accessible to all areas of the park. We love it there

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
lamar1981
Birmingham, Alabama
“Planning to stay here again next year :)”
Reviewed November 6, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I had a great time during my vacation to the Smoky Mountains. I found this cabin on TripAdvisor and after reading the reviews and seeing the pics I decided to reserve it. After booking this cabin Lynn contacted me and made sure I had directions to the cabin. She also gave great instructions on access to the cabin and covered key items about the cabin and my stay. I will go through the pros and the cons in this review to try and give you all a better idea of what to expect.

First of all the pros:

I decided to use my iphone for navigation. I entered the address in my phone and it got me there without any issues. When I arrived the first thing that stood out was the sound of the river. This was the key item that sold me on this cabin. I went in the cabin and it is very spacious. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and a standup shower downstairs in the basement area. The kitchen is supplied with many of the essentials you need to cook meals. I decided to purchase groceries and fix my meals at the cabin to save money from dinner at restaurants in town. There is satellite TV with the basic channels. I watched mainly the weather channel and food network. The balcony and screened-in porch was very relaxing to sit and take in the nature. Now I see this next item as a pro but others may see it as a con. The cell signal in the cabin is very low. If you like being disconnected from the world and getting away then you will probably like it – I enjoyed it. Once again I must say the river was the highlight of this stay. I brought my fishing rod and some lures for trout fishing. The first two days I went fishing I didn’t have any luck. Then during one of the evenings there was a significant amount of rainfall into the morning hours. I went fishing early that morning after the rain stopped and fished a couple of hours. To my surprise I ended up catching three trout. I cooked them that evening for dinner and they were so delicious. I went fishing again the next morning and caught one more trout. I suggest using rooster tails for catching them. This experience was so awesome.

Now for the cons:

I am kind of on the fence with this item, but I guess with there not being any internet access that could be a con for some. If you don’t mind being disconnected from the world and can live without the internet during your stay then it’s all good. I think it was a positive thing for me actually. Lynn explained why there is no internet access (due to all of the trees in the area) and I can understand that. Another item that I will state as a con are some of the outdated fixtures in the cabin. There are outdated light fixtures, light switches and even plumbing fixtures such as the toilets. It would be nice to see more up-to-date fixtures/hardware.

My Conclusion:

My trip to the Smoky Mountains was an awesome and memorable one. This cabin and the river adjacent to it contributed to this BIG time. I am even thinking of going back the same time next year and staying there again. I am looking forward to doing some more fishing LOL. If you want to get away for a while…if you want to disconnect from the world and rough it a bit then I highly suggest that you try this cabin out. The sounds of the river, the smell of the fresh mountain air and the feel of nature all around you will create many fond memories that you will never forget.

Traveling group: Extended Family
karen1235...
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Restful!”
Reviewed August 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This place offered multiple options for relaxation from a screened porch to a deck to just sitting on the rocks in the river. Great location for serenity but it is a distance from the Great Smokies National Park.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
jj7772015
Murrayville, Georgia
“Wished we could stay longer”
Reviewed June 10, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The setting and scenery were relaxing and had no problem with traffic. The sound of the river flowing helped us sleep at night. The furnishings were nice and everything worked that we used.The beds were a little small, and we did not care for the upstairs bedrooms sharing one restroom. these were minor issues compared to the great time we had. The fishing was good as we caught several trout. My wife enjoyed the whirlpool bath very much. The proximity to town was nice as we made daily trips to shop and eat and visit places. We would definitely return if the chance arrives.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
karrie231
Chicago
“Beautiful and remote”
Reviewed April 9, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

The cabin was in great shape, clean and appeared as advertised! The location above the river is beautiful and so nice to listen to the water rushing below. We loved eating out on the screened in porch which also served to keep our toddler contained. The only downside for us was the cabin was a bit further than we realized from civilization and the drive at night seemed a bit treacherous, but maybe that's because we are city-dwellers. You can put the address into google maps and it will find you a faster way than the directions supplied. Overall, nice place with a ton of space for the price!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing