“Not what we expected.”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Orlando, Florida
“Not what we expected.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The motel definitely was not what we expected. The air conditioner in our room was loud and wouldn't work correctly for the three nights we were there. The wi-fi NEVER worked. The pool is very tiny, but clean. The bathrooms are old and our toilet handle was broken, plus the toilet seat slid to the side every time you sat. The breakfast was ok, but waffles and powdered donuts got old every morning. Thankfully there is a McDonalds next door. The room service was ok, but don't ask for extra soap, they will look at you funny. If you just want a place to sleep and shower, that's about what it is good for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra B
apatel572, Manager at Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. We apologize for any inconvenience that you have encountered and few other issues during your stay. I hope you will give us a chance to change your opinion of our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We checked in to the hotel and had no wifi even though they advertise free wifi...well it's free alright if you do not use it. Then we went out to do some tourist sightseeing to return and there was no parking available to us and had to park across the street and walk back to the hotel. The coffee maker stopped working and there were cracks in the sink and on the side of the tub. We booked a no smoking room and we got a smelly stinky smoking room on top of the no wifi and poor parking accessibility. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
apatel572, Manager at Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay was less than desirable. We truly appreciate the feedback regarding the hotel and the maintenance issues that need resolved. Please know that we take this kind of feedback very seriously and use it to improve in order to provide a better guest experience. Please do give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Deatsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked a long weekend trip here on the spur of the moment. I am usually an excessive researcher before committing to a hotel, but there wasn't time for that. We booked and headed that way. When we first got to the hotel my 1st thought was, "I definitely wouldn't have even considered stopping here if I were just driving by." However, reservations were already made and we were ready to enjoy our weekend. I had asked to be able to check in early, but apparently everyone had also. They didn't have our room available yet so we had to wait until regular check in time which was 3pm. We came back at 3:19pm and checked in with no problem. I prayed the whole way to the room that it would be cleaned and it was. I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in the door. Everything was exceptionally clean. The bed were comfortable. There was a nice sized fridge and microwave. Both were clean. The bathroom didn't have any air flow and got humid pretty quick. However, it was clean. For $50 per night I was impressed. We swam in the pool twice during our stay. It was clean and nice both times. It is a smaller kidney shaped pool and could get crowded quickly, but it was nice. They were happy and that made us happy. We ate their continental breakfast each morning. It was waffles, bagels, muffins, two cereal choices, powdered donuts, oatmeal packets, apples and bananas. There was milk, oj and apple juice to drink. It is a small area and the one morning we ate at 8am it was already packed out. It wasn't anything overwhelming, but it filled us up and saved money. All in all we are planning to stay again.

Room Tip: If you take the back access to and from the hotel it puts you at a light. Mays it much easier to ge...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
apatel572, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to share the many positive features of your most recent stay with us. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel! It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms aside from our pool area and how we handle continental breakfast. I am so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Erwin, Tennessee
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was so surprise when we got to our room, the room was very clean we had new towels and wash cloths. It was a very pleasant stay I will have to say the internet was bad . We had 2 beds which I always check before I will even sit on it I pulled the sheets back they were bright white looked new I had the best night sleep I have had in a while the beds were very comfy. The breakfast well if you like carbs you have it made lol but it was good. We didn't have time to go to the pool but the water was very clear I will stay there again. I will not go back to Pigeon Forge in July the traffic was a terror. It is not that bad a Christmas lol thank goodness I live close .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
apatel572, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised and I hope that your next stay will be just as enjoyable!
Hodgenville
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Made reservation on the WYNDHAM Reward website by card, like debit VISA, When arrived, then paid for room in cash, This hotel will still charge the FULL amount of stay to be held on your card for TWO days without telling you. I can understand " $50 incidentals" (Nothing there!) Have stayed at two other Days Inn in nearby Gatlinburg, and not had this done. Last year at one in Pigeon Forge but only held $50 and TOLD ME.

Room Tip: Check your statements
Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
apatel572, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your most recent stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. It is important for us to be up front with our policies and to maintain policies that are reasonable and convenient for our guests. I do hope that this has all been sorted out and that we will be able to impress you during your next visit to the area.
Pisgah, Alabama
Reviewed June 30, 2014

let me start by saying we didnt get fresh towels we were informed to use same ones.the internet sucked.and let me top it off with informing everyone on the last day of our stay I got up to slight swelling of my face under my right eye and around my nose, and a large sore on my hip which burst as soon as i got in the shower. we proceeded home an following morning my face has swelled even more . so I went to my doctor who then tells me I have staph! never had ever before. call hotel ask for manager wanted to let em know. the front desk lady was rude and unconcerned an basically dismissed me by saying the general manager would call and that they never had staph there and I said I never had it before coming there. no return call. have called again .would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: cant tell anyone to risk their health dont let price fool you
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
apatel572, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello. I am terribly sorry that you were diagnosed with a staph infection. Staph infections (staphylococcus bacteria) are germs that are commonly found on the skin or in the nose of even people who are healthy. You can encounter these germs anywhere, and common sources are shopping carts and the people that you encounter throughout the day. Many carry staph bacteria and never develop staph infections. If you develop a staph infection, it's even likely that it came from bacteria that you have been carrying for some time.

I do want to assure you and all other guests that we clean and sanitize our guest rooms following each guest stay. It is a very important part of our policies in order to ensure that each guest enjoys a comfortable, clean, and safe environment. Thank you for sharing your review.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We, my self , my husband and our 6 children, stayed here over the last few days. During our stay one of our rooms was broken into and my husbands wallet was taken. We reported it to the police and he suggested we walk the premises to see if we could find his wallet sure enough we did. It was back by the dumpster and to our luck, so we thought, there was one of the hotel cameras pointed right at it. We walked into the office and told the front desk were we founded it and requested that they view the camera to see if they could see who did it. We were told that we had to wait for the manager...Two days later nothing. Instead we were made to feel like we did something wrong. The lady at front desk was persistent in saying there was no way into the rooms without a card yet we watched a man use a wire tool open the door next to our rooms...she says he was the maintenance man. This hotel is rude and aide the thieves in breaking in rooms...I wouldn't be surprised if the thief was one of their employees. DON'T stay here and if you do leave an extra debit card in your car so you can get home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Bridgett A
I am so sorry that your property was lost or stolen during your most recent stay with us, and I want to assure you that we take the security of our guests very seriously. It is for this reason that we strive to ensure that there is no way to get into any room without proper authorization. A maintenance man would have had the authorization to attempt to get into vacant rooms to address maintenance problems and potential security issues. Again, I deeply regret to hear of this happening in our hotel, and I hope that things ultimately worked out for you. We are addressing our security procedures and policies to improve upon the guest experience in the future.