“pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Beautiful China Grove
“pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2008

The room was clean and had everything we needed. We had a pleasant stay. The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast and making our own waffles. I would recommend it to anyone and would certainly stay there again.

• Liked — good value for the money
  • Disliked — some noise from parking lot
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

Room was clean and inexpensive, manager was very helpful and quite humorous, very good stay overall

• Liked — Manager
  • Disliked — Towels were very cheap
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

This is the worst. The bed was actually falling apart, my husband sit on the side of the bed & the boxsprings were busted & showing. We could actually see the bed falling apart. We were told they are slowly updating rooms with pillow-top matteress but ours had not been upgraded yet & there were no other rooms, right. Haven't you heard that one before. Once they have you checked in, their attitude is "you deal with it". This place has rooms that should be closed off until "THE UPGRADE" . Don't get stuck on a Saturday night with no time to look for or find a good available room. The bathroom needed cleaning & updating too. After seeing the room I wouldn't touch their pool or breakfast room. The breakfast room was too small &crowded to even walk through, much less , sit down & eat in.
I did complain to the front desk & all that got me was overcharged for our stay. I have contacted my credit card company to correct that. Other then Keith, the evening check-in person, the rest of the staff might have well have been non-existence. We will not stay there again ever. There are too many other nice places to stay. This one ONLY looks good from the outside- don't go in !!!

• Liked — no one thing
  • Disliked — everything was bad
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelingtheusa60

Travelers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

Inman, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Days Inn in Apple Valley over Labor Day weekend this year and it was a FANTASTIC time. We got a room with a Jacuzzi. The room was very clean and so was the Jacuzzi. We really, really enjoyed it. The location is great. It was right in the middle of everything and it was only about a 15 minute drive to Gatlinburg, depending on the traffic. Keith, at the front desk was GREAT!!!!!! He was very friendly and made us feel like important guests! He also had great information about the area, restaurants, and attractions! He recommended the Bull Fish Grill which was one of the best meals we've ever had! He made our trip that much more memorable and we were very thankful for that! The breakfast was good and the waffles were delicious! The hotel was pretty quiet. The pool is small, but we didn't really go for the pool, so that didn't matter to us. Overall, it was a GREAT first get away for my boyfriend and I and we loved every minute of it. Days Inn in Apple Valley was perfect! And don't forget to drive across the street and visit everything the Apple Barn has to offer!!!! Just fantastic! :)
Go Eagles!!!!!! ;)

• Liked — The Jacuzzi in our room and the location and KEITH!
  • Disliked — The pool was small, but that wasn't a big concern for us.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

Absolutely awful----we stayed for a car show in early May, 2008. During our stay, my companion and I were bitten by "bedbugs" at first we didn't know what it was. After our return from trip my companion had to go to the doctor for his bites, as they were not healing and he had so many (98 to be exact) we both had to take prednisone pills for ten days and he had to go back for an additional shot and anti-anxiety pills for night time, so he could sleep. As of today we have had no compensation for anything--much less our rooms--Keith talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk---would never recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Disliked — bedbugs
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank budwmn
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

We stayed 2 nights. Throughly enjoyed the stay...everything was clean, quiet, and would have been comfortable if I had taken my own pillow. Theirs was way too plump for me.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

After reading all the positive reviews of this hotel, my family decided to stay here for a weekend getaway. The hotel clerk was indeed very friendly. We had a two room suite on the third floor. The back bedroom had a rather musty odor, which I have been told is quite common for most hotels in this area. Upon first inspection the rooms seemed fairly clean. But in the early morning hours after returning from the bathroom, I noticed a small red bug on the pillow. Then I started looking the bed over, and there were several of these red bugs all on the pillows and sheets! When squished, the bugs left a bright red bloody spot. Then my husband discovered two larger brownish bugs on the bed blanket. They sort of looked like a roach, but not quite. I flipped out, and we all immediately took showers and washed our hair several times! Needless to say, we checked out immediately! I wasn't sure what the bugs were, so I did a quick google search and, sure enough, they were definitely bed bugs! Disgusting!

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Bugs!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Grimmace
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge
#4 of 20 in Sevierville
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#8 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Days Inn Apple Valley Sevierville? Share your experiences!