“Horrible Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
Sellersburg, Indiana
“Horrible Hotel”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were looking for a cheap hotel t stay in one night while waiting to check into our cabin the next day. When looking online for a decently priced hotel we came across the Days Inn Apple Valley. I am a frequent visitor to Pigeon Forge and had been by this hotel several times....knew right were it was. The outside appearance look OK. Check in was very easy and the staff was nice. The free breakfast was OK....nothing special. Upon entering our hotel room we were very disappointed. The room smelled horrible, the beds were very uncomfortable....lumpy and sagging. I wouldn't say that it was dirty but very run down and in bad need of some major updates. I guess you pay for what you get. Next time we will look for something a little nicer. I do not reccommend this hotel and will never stay here again. .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
wattsville, al
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here a year ago. Things have gone downhill. I requested a handicap room and was granted that. The room smelled very musty! The mattresses were worn out. Slept part of every night in the chair. The chair arms were stained badly! Not much room to move around. It's a good thing I wasn't in a wheel chair. Received 2 bars of soap and 1 bottle of shampoo for 3 people. Beds not made very neatly. Bedding needs to be replaced. Not enough light in the room. Hoping things improve before our next vacation as we've had good service in the past.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sevierville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was real quite couldn't hear anybody else's room. The TV didn't have good channels and the lights had to turn on several different spots. The elevator looked old. We couldn't get WiFi in our smart phones.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

West Liberty, Kentucky
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have never been upset enough to leave a hotel a bad review, but I absolutely will NOT stay here ever again. When we booked our two rooms over the phone, we had one very simple, yet very specific request, that we were assured would easily be easily met. I gave them my email address to send me the confirmation number, and by the day before we were supposed to check in, I realized I still had not received an email from them. I called the hotel to make sure everything was still on track, only to be told that it would not be possible to receive the two rooms we were promised. I asked to cancel one of the two rooms, only to be told there was a 48-hour cancellation policy, therefore I would be charged for the room. We were told nothing about a 48-hour policy, and had received no emails from them with that information. The manager alternated from being very snarky and rude to talking so low I was continuously having to ask her to repeat herself. She refused to grant me a courtesy cancellation, even though I was willing to keep one of the rooms, and we had been given false information when the reservations were made. She absolutely would not budge or compromise, even though the fault lay entirely on Days Inn's behalf. The only "helpful"information I was given when trying to cancel was that accommodations aren't guaranteed, which led me to ask why I was told there would be no problem to begin with. They gave me false information, omitted vital information, and then refused to give me even half my money back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leslie B
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The room smells of mold. The bed linens appear old and possibly dirty. I'm scared to turn back the blanket. The mattresses have seen better days... We checked in less than an hour ago and have reservations for several more days, but wish we did not.

• Stayed September 2013