“Great food, good atmosphere, lousy service”
Review of The Diner

The Diner
Ranked #28 of 199 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: “One of a kind, locally owned, All American DINER”Timeless All American Great Food/Desserts/Poodle Skirts/JukeboxFood For Everyone in Your Party/Your Dessert DestinationGreat Fresh Salads, Tenders, Wings, AppetizersSteaks, Chicken Breast, Liver & Onions, Chicken & Dumplin’s, Meat Loaf, Chicken Pie, Spaghetti, More 20 Diff. Sandwiches, Club, Reuben (our own whole brisket, thin sliced), Bologna, Dagwood, Hot Dogs Loaded, Philly Cheese,etc.9 Children’s meals w/free drink, Fresh Char-Grilled to order Lean Beef, Elk, Bison, Turkey & Veggie Burgers*****THE DINER is Your Dessert Destination*****Best ever Milkshakes, Banana Splits, 8 homemade Pies & Cheesecakes, Tennessee Turtle, more.Breakfasts served all day.Great Pancakes & Waffles, Best Omelets, French Toast, Breakfast Skillets, Eggs to Order, Swaggerty Sausage, Thick-Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I took a drive to Pigeon Forge and stopped by "The Diner" around 7:00 pm on the Sunday before Labor Day. It place wasn't very crowded, and we got seated right away. The atmosphere was that of a 50's style Diner, red vinyl seats, juke box and 50's photos on the wall.
We both ordered burgers, mine with fries, husband's with onion rings. We got our drinks promptly, but it was just at 30 minutes before we got our meal. When we got our meal, his had fries rather than onion rings. We pointed this out to the waitress and she said she'd have them right out. 15 minutes later, our glasses and plates were empty and still no onion rings. When we flagged down the waitress, we asked that she cancel the onion rings as we'd both finished our meal, but we decided to order a piece of coconut cream pie. She apologized and told us our pie was "on her" for the trouble.

The food was really good, great burgers, toasted buns, crispy fries. The coconut cream pie was excellent. It wasn't a busy time at all when we were there, so i'm not sure what the hold up was. We'll try it again, as every place deserves a 2nd chance and the food was good, but if the service is still the same, our next visit will be our last.

2  Thank princesslinda226
HowardOnHwy66, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Sorry it took so long to respond to this post. You did receive lousy service, we did take action. This problem could have been is ALMOST always solved in 2-3 minutes and never happens when the server confirms your order, is careful on entry, checks order at pickup.or simply acts on your request. I can assure this happens ALMOST always. Thanks for your posting, it helped us.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We ate at The Diner on Winfield Dunn Parkway for lunch on a whim since we were nearby and had heard it was a pretty good place to eat. I went in not expecting it to be as great as it was and was impressed both with the quality of the food served and with the atmosphere.

The Diner is done up 1950's-style with a jukebox by the door and the booths and decor of the time period. It reminds me a lot of Johnny Rocket's, a place we frequent at Myrtle Beach. The menu is packed with lots of unique salads, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts.

I chose the Philly cheese steak (I like to try one each place I go to see how it matches up with the best ones I've had) which was heavy on the onions but other than that very tasty. My husband got a burger with jalapenos, cheese, and bacon that was on their specialty burger menu featured on the table. I can't remember the name of it, but it was awesome and actually was a lot better than the cheese steak I had. I left wishing I had ordered one of their specialty burgers but will get one again the next time we are in town.

For dessert I got a slice of their homemade Reese's pie, and it was delicious although a bit rich after eating such a big meal. My husband got a hot fudge sundae and it was very good also, the candied walnuts were a nice touch.

Overall we enjoyed our experience at The Diner, but if you are in a hurry, it's probably best to go somewhere else. We waited about 35 to 40 minutes for our food to arrive which was probably due to the fact that I only saw two waitresses in the entire restaurant. It wasn't a problem for us, but it would have been if we were on a schedule. I definitely will be eating here again the next time I'm in the area!

Thanks for taking the time to post and providing so much info. You expereinced the owners love for onions. We take directive from customers so you can tell us light on the onions or onions & peppers in balance or whatever.. Tell us how you like it we'll try to comply. The peanut butter pie is our richest pie, no doubt. We hope you took some of it with you to savor later on. You did visit at a reasonably busy time, there should have been three servers on the floor. We try to staff so you receive the service you need, you can see from all the reviews and I can tell you from what we hear from all our customers, that normally works pretty well.... but not always. All burgers are cooked from fresh to order so that can take a few minutes longer especially with the half pound burgers medium well or well. No pre-cooked, injected, or cooked and held burgers are served here.. all 81-19 Angus Steakburgers Char-Grilled to order. You can be in a hurry, just tell us and talk to the server about food that is prepared fastest. We put a premium on serving the best food cooked fresh so there are some items that take10, 12, 14 minutes just in cooking time. Thanks again, we look forward to your next visit. Say Hi to Howard or SuzQ if you can.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Diner in Sevierville, TN has the feel of a 1930's diner. Complete with black and white tile on the floor and lots of neon all around inside and outside. The menu has some excellent choices as well as excellent prices. I ordered liver and onions along with turnip greens and beans and the meal was excellant country home cooking. My spouse ordered grilled chicken which was likewise delicious. The prices were excellent as the meal was less than $8. The place is really a nice treat from all the fast food places of today. The inside it all chrome, red vinyl and neon. Great old place to visit.After I posted our location on Facebook, we got numerous message. Most were asking how we found so many neat places to stop for food. We love traveling the back roads and this location while not exactly on the backroads is certainly not in the large tourist area found just a short distance down the highway.Wish we had this sitting in Dallas, Texas.Also loved the old car sitting at the entrance.

1  Thank texaswillie
HowardOnHwy66, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post and sorry we took so long to respond. We take no shortcuts at THE DINER as you found in your food. The rule for cooks is "you can't get enough onions on my liver". Swiss Cheese is really Swiss, there has never been a canned mushroom in the building, we make our own pies, cheesecakes, custards, soups, even cook whole brisket for the corned beef in our reuben, burgers & bacon are the best and much more. Say hello to The Cat or SuzQ next time you are in. We know Dallas and Texas. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My sister and I ate here on my 60th birthday trip. What a wonderful experience. The waiter was Marvelous! very friendly and felt like a brother instead of our server. We were checked on often and I suppose the owners (2 elderly gentlemen) came by and spoke and were very friendly. The food was outstanding, especially the green tomatoes. Will go back each time I am in the Gatlinburg area. Loved the decor! Will definitely tell others to drop by this diner for a wonderful experience.

1  Thank bekki j
HowardOnHwy66, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thanks You for taking the time to post. We're here to serve. No shortcuts at THE DINER; lots of good food to choose from so everyone can eat what they like. You can even eat healthy or go ahead & splurge like most of us (including SuzyQ & I) when we're out/on vacation.

We'll continue to work hard to earn these comments every single day. Looking forward to your next visit.....

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My brother and I stopped and for burgers and shakes earlier this week and were amazed the food and how expansive their menu was. The waitress was pleasant and always refilling drinks and making sure everything was OK. The owner spoke with us and by the time we left felt like he was an old friend. We returned with our wives and another relative and selected dinner meals and again were very satisified.

1  Thank Steve S

Thanks for choosing THE DINER & your post. We hear this daily at tables & the register & will always work hard to deliver what you came in for; good food, good service & atmosphere, good value. Thanks again, say hello to Howard/SuzQ when you're back.