“Started out very bad!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Little Valley Mountain Resort
Tennessee
“Started out very bad!”
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We had book a cabin via Little Valley's website. The cabin we booked was called SunDancer. It looked spacious enough and had a not great but, a mountain view. We get there last Saturday and we entered the cabin that had NO mountain view and looked NOTHING like the pictures on their website. NOTHING. This cabin, the loft bedroom was filled iwth over 20 flys and over 100 or more lady bugs that we picked up off the window, walls and floor to let out, killed all the flys and the two wasps!!! Somone had left the window open up there, so obviously house keeping dosen't clean the upstairs??? It was HORRIBLE! The cabin was so small you coudln't turn around, once again nothing like the pics! We went down to the office to say how bad it was. The woman named Kim was nice and she found us another cabin that was a 2 bedroom and would allow our Yorkie. We stayed in Endless Love. There was still no mountain view although she said there was one but, this cabin was SO NICE! It was a great cabin. The loft bedroom where I stayed was so nice, jacuzzi, electric fireplace, huge bed! We really liked it. The resort itself is nice, lots of things to do but, if you want a mountain view like we do you don't want this resort, all of the cabins are "wooded". The cabin Endless Love was very nice though. After going through what we did I sure wouldn't go by the pictures on their website, I am not sure on the others but, you sure don't want Sundancer.

• Liked — The acitivities to do at the resort
  • Disliked — No mountain views, everything is wooded
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
middle tennessee
Reviewed November 20, 2008

We were very excited about staying at Little Mountain valley Resort. Because of the age of our children we liked the versatility of LMVR (pool, putt-putt, fishing ponds, mini golf course)We specifically chose a cabin called Mountain Meadows because of the following statement in the listing of the resort website: "Private with mountain views overlooks creek and golf course. Walk to the par three golf course, heated pool, putt-putt and fishing ponds recreational activities are all-inclusive." However, this was a complete misinterpretation of the location of the cabin. The only recreation within hiking (not walking) distance was the mini golf course. We were very disappointed and talked to the office at the resort immediately. We were told the website description only meant the golf course was in walking distance, not the other facilites. (You be the judge. I notice the description is the same as of 11/2008 even after they admitted it was "confusing") The office personnel were very nice but simply said the best they could do would be to offer us another cabin with the same owner. Guess what- coincidentally , the owner had another cabin that WAS located within walking distance of all 3 recreation activities BUT there was one small difference- the price. It would cost over $100 more for the few days we were staying. We paid the difference and moved to the Morning Mist cabin. The cabin itself was fine, just felt that we were misled by the description of Mountain Meadows. One other note- the stocked fishing pond was a complete waste of time. We were there 3 days and not one person caught a fish while we were there. My husband and others tried every imaginable bait- live,plastic, doughballs, beef jerkey...not one fish. In addition, the putt-putt golf course wasn't maintained- The grass carpet was in most places either coming up or wrinkled. Overall the stay was peaceful but not at all as described on their website. The office personnel were helpful, pool was nice (although I don't think it was heated as stated in the website), and the morning mist cabin was comfortable and roomy. But due to the misinformation from website and lack of grounds upkeep we were greatly disappointed and won't be back. Because of the issues listed above, I left a rating of 2 stars. By the way, I have never written a negative comment regarding any other vacation resort/cabin/condo.

Stayed October 2008
3 Thank jm1234065
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed September 8, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay in the Bear Mountain cabin at Little Valley, which was just wonderful. The cabin was clean and had all the amenities we needed, including a fully stocked kitchen, laundry supplies and toiletries. The cabins are somewhat close together, but the woods made our cabin feel very secluded and private. The fishing ponds are small, so if you have a true fisherman in the group (like my husband), you'll want to invest in a Tennessee fishing license for fishing outside of the resort.

The staff was very accommodating and even let us check in a few hours early on the day we arrived. The location is great, because you're only a few minutes away from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, but feel like you're way out in the wilderness once you get back to your cabin.

Our experience was very positive and we will cherish the memories of this vacation for a lifetime. It's great for couples looking for seclusion, as well as families with children who are looking for an affordable vacation. We'll be going to Bear Mountain again sometime next year.

• Liked — We loved the fact that we were able to have a gorgeous cabin all to ourselves for the same price as a hotel.
  • Disliked — The road up to our particular cabin was very steep and somewhat nervewracking the first couple trips up.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Problems started as soon as we entered our cabin...
1- Cabin was 90 degrees ...air conditioner was broken
2- Front door knob fell off in our hands ( not good if there is a fire)
3-main floor bathroom door was too big for opening...door would not close
4- wireless internet did not work...what a hassle to get someone to fix it (staff wanted us to call owner , then staff wanted us to call the cable company)
5-Rugs needed to be shampood
6-air condtioning intakes were extremely dusty...YUK
7-refridegerator had mold growing in it
8- blender was disgusting (clean it)
9- pool table was filthy
10 toilet bowls needed to be cleaned

Cabin was pretty but there were too many negative things about it. .I would definitely NOT recommend it to anyone. Staff needs to be retrained with dealing with their customers and doing their jobs. There are many other places in the area to rent cabins!!!

• Liked — cabin was designed nice
  • Disliked — how staff handled the problems
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GptGal
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I have stayed at 4 different cabin rental locations in the PF/Sevierville area and Little Valley Mtn Resort is my favorite! There are cabins to suit all purposes--honeymoon, family reunion, couples' getaway, you name it--and the area is great for those not wanting to be right in the thick of everything, but still close enough that you can run out for a loaf of bread. For those from flat areas, be advised that there are steep hills with major drop-offs, but nothing that a typical vehicle can't handle. My cabin was Applejack Hollow, a 1BR loft, and joyful is the only way I can describe how I felt when I first entered! It felt private, clean, glowing from all the exposed wood, and I loved the wooded view from the back deck. My traveling companion was my 5-yr old son, and he loved this cabin so much that he eschewed trips into Pigeon Forge! The resort offers a brand new small playground for the kids, as well as an outdoor pool that could use some updating but which was still great. There is also a mini-golf course, also in need of updating and upkeep, but my son and I had a great time playing just the same. There are fishing ponds and fishing gear, but we didn't partake of this activity. We saw a couple of gazebos as well and a horseshoe pit. Our cabin had a hot tub, which was great after trying to keep up with my son's boundless energy! The bed was comfortable with nice linens and overall, this was a great experience. Little Valley seems to be priced a little higher than some of the other resorts but it's worth it.

• Liked — Location, wooded views, peacefulness, quiet
  • Disliked — Mini-golf and pool should be higher quality considering the price.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank DeeMomma
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed July 8, 2007

It was the first trip to the area for both my husband and I and we had such a great time during our stay from July 1 to July 6.

We stayed with Little Valley Mountain Resorts in the Lazy Bear Cabin. The cabin was so beautiful and very clean. After reading some posts here about other cabins not being very clean, I took some cleaning supplies with me but to my surprise I didn't need them at all. Our cabin was located in the gated community of Shagbark, which was beautiful with a running stream, waterfall and lovely views. The only thing is, if you are at all afraid of heights, or not used to mountian roads-this might not be the right cabin for you. I was pretty terrified of the drive up the mountain. The road in parts is gravel with 180 turns and very steep in spots. Once you get to the top, it is totally worth it but I was afraid of attempting the road after dark so we didn't attend the parade or fireworks celebrations as we had planned.

On our first day there, we went to the the Tanger at 5 Oaks Outlet shops. My mission was to hit the Coach outlet as soon as possible after getting to town. They had a great selection and reasonable prices as well. After we finished shopping, we went to the Super Walmart to get groceries to stock up our cabin. It was very busy there with everyone getting supplies for the holiday week, but we got through it all pretty quickly.

The next day there we hung out at the cabin and relaxed and then went to AppleBarn Restaurant for dinner. It was by far one of the best meals I've ever had. I truly don't know how they can make a profit there with all of the food they give you. To start off with they brought us Apple Fritters with Apple Butter, and and Apple Julep drink that my husband really loved. Then they brought the best Vegtable soup I've tasted and a salad. Then for our entrees I had Chicken and Dumplins, and DH had Fried Catfish. Along with that were mashed potatoes, corn and fresh rolls. We packaged up our leftovers along with the Apple Cake and Peach Cobbler desserts that came with the meal to enjoy back at the cabin. All of that and our bill was right around $30.00. It was really delicious.

The following day we went to Dolly's Splash Country. Thanks to everyone for your posts about parking at Patriot Park and taking the shuttle to the park. It was so convienient and really nice to be dropped off right by the entrance. We had reserved one of the Riverside Retreats near the new Cascades area of the park for $100. If I had it to do over again, I would have got one of the retreats near the main area of the park to avoid such a long walk to an area of the park that we didn't really spend that much time in. The Cascades look really impressive in the pictures on line, but in actuality are fairly small with freezing cold water. The part of the park that we loved, though was the lazy river. I've never seen one so big, it pretty much goes around the entire park. We spent a few hours just going around and around. It was a great time just relaxing and enjoying the sun and the scenary.

The following day on the Fourth of July we attended a Civil War Reinactment in Gatlinburg. Thanks again to everyone for your posts with shortcuts. We took the Dudely Creek Bypass once we got to Gatlinburg and went strait to Mills park with no trafffic. I've never been to a reinactment of any kind and didn't really know what to expect. It was really interesting and very cool to see them fire the cannons. We got some really great pictures. We also made a trip to the Scrapbook Super Store this day and I was really impressed. They have every kind of scrapbook supply that you could possibly be looking for and pretty reasonable prices. Then we went back to the cabin to grill out steaks to have with corn on the cob and water melon.

The last day of vacation we had intentions of heading to town, but ended up just enjoying the relaxation of the cabin.

My husband and I agree that it was the most fun and relaxing vacation we have ever had. All of the people there just went out of their way to be nice and help us with everything we needed, which we just weren't used to. I spent quite a while planning everything and looking at these boards gave me such valueable info on traffic, shortcuts, restaurants, attractions and places to shop. So thanks everyone for your help.

This will be a vacation we will have to do again especially after we have kids as it is such a family oriented place.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank purple75
Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2007

My family, 4 adults and 2 children, stayed at Little Valley this past
week. We stayed in Frontier Mountain, which is all the way at the top
of the mountain at the end of the road. The cabins are more private than most in resort type developments, but not as spaced out as I thought they would be. I could see the entire back deck of the cabin beside ours, so that's not so private. I chose Little Valley because my husband wanted somewhere to fish, but there really is only one pond. The other three they advertise are more like large mudholes. Also, I did not see any walking trails besides the main road, and the stream is tiny. The pool and mini golf area were never crowded, and my kids enjoyed them. Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The check in employees were extremely nice and helpful. My only complaints are they don't give you enough towels (6 for 6 people), and then don't give you enough detergent to wash them every day, and also the shower heads aren't great. It was nice, but I think I could have found a larger cabin for the price. It is about 10 minutes from the Parkway in Pigeon Forge.

• Liked — Hot tub
  • Disliked — pillows
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank galady99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
The Inn On The River
Margaritaville Island Hotel
#8 of 91 in Pigeon Forge
Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites
Accommodations by Parkside Resort

Been to Little Valley Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!