“Stares and Stripes Over the Smokies”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Little Valley Mountain Resort
Iowa City, Iowa
“Stares and Stripes Over the Smokies”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A hard place to find, but well worth the effort. The cabin was excellent I did the cooking for the family and had everything I needed. (Did sharpen the knives as I like a very sharp knife) We had a great time and hope to return. I would recommend this cabin to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I rented "Dancing Bear" cabin at Little Valley for a weekend getaway in July and could not have been happier with the experience.

Checkin was fast and friendly and included detailed written instructions for any service needs and checkout procedures. This cabin is located well up the mountain and feels very secluded even though there are several other cabins very close by. The pictures of this cabin on the Little Valley website appear to have been taken in winter, and may be a few years old because the area around the cabin felt much more wooded and private than the pictures convey.

The floor plan as great for a couple, though the single bathroom being downstairs off the kitchen and the bedroom being in the loft was perhaps slightly less than ideal, but not much of an issue. The cabin is nicely decorated in a 'bear' theme and was clean. The kitchen is very well equipped and one night we cooked on the charcoal grill on the deck. There is a good set of grilling tools provided, but no charcoal or lighter fluid (we left lighter fluid for the next folks).

The deck feels very private, though the view is somewhat restricted by nearby trees. The deck has rocking chairs, a swing, the grill, and a nice hot tub. The view from the upstairs bedroom is better and was great to wake up to. The jacuzzi tub in the bedroom was a nice touch also.

The website states that the cabin is stocked with one roll of toilet paper per bathroom, one roll of paper towels, and one extra trash bag per trash can. We found that there was actually more than this.

The resort itself seemed nice, with a mini golf course, fishing ponds, and a pool, though we didn't use any of these facilities during our short stay. Checkout was also very easy and friendly, and we left feeling like we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here from june 6-10. We had a great time fishing and hanging out. The cabins were so great we didnt have to leave really that much. Raccoons entertained us every night. The resort was clean and staff was always helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back. Thanks for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jenndelynn
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I booked a cabin to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. He didn't think I would make it through the first night. Glad to say that after my husband swept and sprayed the cabin, we had few encounters. But it is a CABIN IN THE WOODS, there will still be bugs. The roads are VERY steep in the resort. Definitely take their advice about 4x4's and snow chains during the winter seriously. Based on the resort photos you might expect some open space but the cabins are in extremely wooded areas. Amenities are good, staff very helpful and friendly. Had a hot tub on our porch but due to my extreme fear of spiders, I wouldn't go in. However inside was a two person Jacuzzi which was just great for us. Pool table was nice for my husband to wait while I finished getting dressed in the morning. Included: Wi-Fi, A/C, dishes, linens, pillows, tv, iron, dustbuster, broom, towels, everything you need.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MargaritaM0m
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Let me start by saying we were torn on what cabin to rent based on the reviews so I thought I would share my own. We just returned from our anniversary trip. We were shocked that people without 4x4 could even get to their cabin! It was a tiny road and very steep driveway. We walked in and were beyond excited! Looked just like the picture with a view that was breathtaking. We were giddy we were so excited! We loved that our dog could come with and he enjoyed it too! The cabin was a little a dusty but overall pretty clean. Our first night my husband calmly informed me while laying on the bed that there was a BAT in our cabin. I screamed like a little kid as it flew all around and researched bats until I couldn't stay awake. I was terrified that it had rabbies and would bite our dog or us. The next day we informed the front desk. They assured us that it was taken care of but as we entered the cabin our dog was investigating something on the floor! A live bat!! We were terrified because our dog could've been bitten. My husband took it out of the cabin, the front desk told us that they took 3 bats out of the cabin and that one must've been hiding! So our first night was spent with 4 bats! Let me be clear that the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We planned on seeing spiders and bugs being in the woods but the bats was a big surprise! The next morning the spiders didn't disappoint when a HUGE one was waiting for me in the sink! yikes! We did see quite a few spiders and my husband saw a scorpion on the last day. But again, your in the woods, it's to be expected! The Dart board did not work and was not hung properly on the wall so it kept falling. The Jacuzzi tub was gorgeous and would've loved to use it but hot water ran out before it could get filled up half way. The hot tub outside was AMAZING! we used it several times and loved it! We couldn't get the fireplace to start to save our lives! There was wood inside and I brought a whole bunch more in so it had time to dry. We even used starter logs but that's the only thing that burned. We were a little disappointed that the town is super touristy. Fortunately the resort is a little ways off and is secluded and what we expected. We wanted to fish but BRING YOUR OWN POLE!! they give you poles with lines that don't go more than 2 feet. The water in the cabin did smell a bit but wasn't a huge deal to us.

THINGS TO BRING!
Charcoal for grill, starter logs, lighter, fishing poles, paper towels, toilet paper, bags, garbage bags, sauces, seasonings, butter or spray, soaps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JAMAHAF
Bryan, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked online after looking at the pictures and amenities each cabin had. It was very easy booking online. My husband and I came from Ohio and once in Tennessee we drove by some cabin resorts, and I have to say that Little Valley Mountain Resort has the best location. Truly a hideaway. Check in was easy, the staff were a little cold. We stayed in Windsong, and yes you need a 4X4 vehicle. They give you a map to find your cabin. Ours was pretty far up with a great view. The only drawback was the odd shaped driveway that had quite the steep. We seen a lizard on the steps as we walked in, so cute. Cabin was clean and roomy. I would say pretty clean, except some dead wasps on the window seal. We played pool, sat in the hot tub, and grilled steaks on the balcony. (We bought those ahead of time). Then we got bored....so we went to the front desk for fishing poles and went to the pond. Didn't catch anything and the water looked pretty brown. But we took a walked by the stream and sat in the gazebo. The next day we were bored so we took a look at the book that was on the coffee table. We went to the caverns which were not too far away and ate at a restaurant that also was close. Once back at the cabin there was a terrible storm that knocked out our power! Since you are up on a mountain full of trees, they were really swaying in the wind. It was actually a neat experience as we love storms. Power was back on in the morning. We never did take advantage of the walking trail, the put-put golf, or the pool. I think they also offered movies in the lobby that we never took advantage of. Overall, it was very romantic and the cabin has all you need. The disadvantages were even though we were on vacation, we still took out the garbage in the morning, did dishes, and our laundry (there was detergent and a washer and dryer). Not a bad getaway though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tasha F
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned from Little Valley Mountain Resort last weekend. We spent 2 nights in the "Victoria's Secret Hideaway" cabin. We were very pleased with the entire experience. The cabin was immaculate, plenty of firewood for us to use, very private hot tub, gorgeous views of mountains. I've been reading some of the reviews of this resort and have to wonder what some people expect or are they the type of folks that can't be pleased. When we made our reservation over the phone (rep. was very nice and helpful), we were sent an email confirmation which included directions, and everything that was included in the cabin. The only thing I didn't find, but had thought to bring my own, was a lighter stick for lighting the wood burning fireplace. There was an ample supply of clean towels, none were frayed or worn, The kitchen was well furnished with all the necessary utensils, tools and silverware. What people need to remember that most, if not all, of these cabins are owned by individuals, not by the resort, so it's the owner's preference as to what electronics and other amenities furnished in the cabins. All in all we were delighted enough, that I've just booked another extended weekend at Little Valley Mountain Resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
The Inn On The River
Timbers Lodge
#36 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Accommodations by Parkside Resort

Been to Little Valley Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!