“Pros and Cons Falcons View Cabin” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Valley Mountain Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
Little Valley Mountain Resort
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Pros and Cons Falcons View Cabin”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Let me start by saying we were torn on what cabin to rent based on the reviews so I thought I would share my own. We just returned from our anniversary trip. We were shocked that people without 4x4 could even get to their cabin! It was a tiny road and very steep driveway. We walked in and were beyond excited! Looked just like the picture with a view that was breathtaking. We were giddy we were so excited! We loved that our dog could come with and he enjoyed it too! The cabin was a little a dusty but overall pretty clean. Our first night my husband calmly informed me while laying on the bed that there was a BAT in our cabin. I screamed like a little kid as it flew all around and researched bats until I couldn't stay awake. I was terrified that it had rabbies and would bite our dog or us. The next day we informed the front desk. They assured us that it was taken care of but as we entered the cabin our dog was investigating something on the floor! A live bat!! We were terrified because our dog could've been bitten. My husband took it out of the cabin, the front desk told us that they took 3 bats out of the cabin and that one must've been hiding! So our first night was spent with 4 bats! Let me be clear that the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We planned on seeing spiders and bugs being in the woods but the bats was a big surprise! The next morning the spiders didn't disappoint when a HUGE one was waiting for me in the sink! yikes! We did see quite a few spiders and my husband saw a scorpion on the last day. But again, your in the woods, it's to be expected! The Dart board did not work and was not hung properly on the wall so it kept falling. The Jacuzzi tub was gorgeous and would've loved to use it but hot water ran out before it could get filled up half way. The hot tub outside was AMAZING! we used it several times and loved it! We couldn't get the fireplace to start to save our lives! There was wood inside and I brought a whole bunch more in so it had time to dry. We even used starter logs but that's the only thing that burned. We were a little disappointed that the town is super touristy. Fortunately the resort is a little ways off and is secluded and what we expected. We wanted to fish but BRING YOUR OWN POLE!! they give you poles with lines that don't go more than 2 feet. The water in the cabin did smell a bit but wasn't a huge deal to us.

THINGS TO BRING!
Charcoal for grill, starter logs, lighter, fishing poles, paper towels, toilet paper, bags, garbage bags, sauces, seasonings, butter or spray, soaps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JAMAHAF

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bryan, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked online after looking at the pictures and amenities each cabin had. It was very easy booking online. My husband and I came from Ohio and once in Tennessee we drove by some cabin resorts, and I have to say that Little Valley Mountain Resort has the best location. Truly a hideaway. Check in was easy, the staff were a little cold. We stayed in Windsong, and yes you need a 4X4 vehicle. They give you a map to find your cabin. Ours was pretty far up with a great view. The only drawback was the odd shaped driveway that had quite the steep. We seen a lizard on the steps as we walked in, so cute. Cabin was clean and roomy. I would say pretty clean, except some dead wasps on the window seal. We played pool, sat in the hot tub, and grilled steaks on the balcony. (We bought those ahead of time). Then we got bored....so we went to the front desk for fishing poles and went to the pond. Didn't catch anything and the water looked pretty brown. But we took a walked by the stream and sat in the gazebo. The next day we were bored so we took a look at the book that was on the coffee table. We went to the caverns which were not too far away and ate at a restaurant that also was close. Once back at the cabin there was a terrible storm that knocked out our power! Since you are up on a mountain full of trees, they were really swaying in the wind. It was actually a neat experience as we love storms. Power was back on in the morning. We never did take advantage of the walking trail, the put-put golf, or the pool. I think they also offered movies in the lobby that we never took advantage of. Overall, it was very romantic and the cabin has all you need. The disadvantages were even though we were on vacation, we still took out the garbage in the morning, did dishes, and our laundry (there was detergent and a washer and dryer). Not a bad getaway though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tasha F
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Just returned from Little Valley Mountain Resort last weekend. We spent 2 nights in the "Victoria's Secret Hideaway" cabin. We were very pleased with the entire experience. The cabin was immaculate, plenty of firewood for us to use, very private hot tub, gorgeous views of mountains. I've been reading some of the reviews of this resort and have to wonder what some people expect or are they the type of folks that can't be pleased. When we made our reservation over the phone (rep. was very nice and helpful), we were sent an email confirmation which included directions, and everything that was included in the cabin. The only thing I didn't find, but had thought to bring my own, was a lighter stick for lighting the wood burning fireplace. There was an ample supply of clean towels, none were frayed or worn, The kitchen was well furnished with all the necessary utensils, tools and silverware. What people need to remember that most, if not all, of these cabins are owned by individuals, not by the resort, so it's the owner's preference as to what electronics and other amenities furnished in the cabins. All in all we were delighted enough, that I've just booked another extended weekend at Little Valley Mountain Resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brundidge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

LOts of stair to climb is a big negative for this cabin.The price is way high for the amenties that were in the cabin.... you dont get anything more than basic 19.99 cable.The cabin was very clean it was small like a small apartment but perfect for a couple, it has 2 fulll baths but the upstairs bath only has a shower that a skinny person would be closterphobic in!!! you couldn't even turn around or bend over in it, my husband had to call me to come pick up the soap he dropped...... The kitchen could use alot more dishes to cook with but most people eat out.The cabin is secluded to a degree there are lots of trees between all the cabins near it. The bed was HUGE!!! and it was comfortable.you have to carry your fire wood up all those stairs if you want a fire.The satff is very friendly and very easy going and will help with anything you have come up.It has a pool table in a room off the living room were the first bath is.bring Ice the frig doesnt have a ice maker. we had a wasp in the bed area and there was a few baby wood roaches we had to evict but this cabin is in a woody area I liked that part I will stay here again but a different cabin

Room Tip: If you dont have alot of stuff to bring and you can climb stairs and you will be eating out this wil...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Alabama-resident
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very Rude Manager "Cindy". She blamed her screw ups on us. She was extremely rude with us even though she was the one who screwed up the reservation. One issue with this lady and you will wish you had paid the extra money and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank IRBJRZ
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked a cabin about three months ago. Then had something come up so i wouldn`t be able to make it. I was told if i was to cancel my reservations atleast 4 weeks before my check in i would be able to get my money back, less 100. $ which was no problem at all. So i canceled my cabin more than 6 weeks before my check in and today has been 45 days later. I still have not received my refund. ( which only comes in check form ) . This is not a good way to run a business. the woman i was dealing with on the phone was very rude and treated me like i was taking money out of her pochet. Im sure this is a beautiful place to stay. The only thing ugly is the way the staff has treated me. beware if you have to change your reservations

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adam w
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had the Goldilocks cabin and the cabin itself was worth the money with the deal. But the amenities and hospitality were an issue. These are private cabins. The reservations people do not call back and they offered little help in explaining what comes with the cabin and even less concern about basics missing from the cabin when told. Heard more than once that this was the owner's responsibility but I am sure the owners do not inventory after each guest. They also were very lacksadasical about Trip Advisor reviews by which the previous had almost caused us not to stay here so they should care. I already overpack and if I were to return I would have to over pack some more. For example our cabin had five spoons total, no large skillet, only one wine glass, no 9 by 13....several bulbs burnt out, no scissors, some pillows no cases, no connection cord for the intranet that was not wireless. The purpose of staying in a cabin instead of tent camping for us is so that we can pack less. Liked the area but cooking in the cabin became more important to us because of the crazy traffic on the main strip and repetition and lack of variety of restaurant offerrings (can you say steak?). Cabin was clean and photos of cabin itself inside and the pool and mini golf were a good representation.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank LTWest98
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
The Inn On The River
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,160 reviews
Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gatlinburg North
Accommodations by Parkside Resort

Been to Little Valley Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!