“Awesome experience, great people”

English Mountain Trout Farm & Grill
Ranked #2 of 186 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Awesome experience, great people”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've always love fishing but the hard part being in central NC is that you normally can't keep/eat the fish that you catch. This was the first thing that attracted my wife and me to English Mountain Trout Farm was the fact that you can eat the fish you catch. From the time we arrived, we instantly felt welcomed and eventually had a great afternoon with Charlie (owner) and his family chatting and fishing. The food here is also amazing, blackened trout is the way to go, but nothing beats the hushpuppies... I'm from hushpuppy central in NC, and nothing beats the hushpuppies at EMTF. This place is truly a gem and should be a must for anyone driving through or visiting Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg. My wife and I will be back the next time we trek to the mountains. We also brought home 4 fish which we have recently been savoring :). Thanks again Charlie!

1 Thank Enoch C

Goshen, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fishing for the kids... Great eats for All... Nice company to boot!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We really only wanted our boys to be able to fish a bit... What a great place this turned out to be for all of us. This smallish business is bound to continue to surprise all who decide to give it a try.
I searched for an "Eat what you catch" trout fishing experience in the Smoky Mountains. When we arrived we had a slight moment of doubt, I must admit. That was soon behind me after meeting Angela, Charlie, and their very courteous and professional son and family friend helper (Sorry, i'm horrible with names but didn't want to overlook them). They greeted us as if we had been there 100 times before.
Our two boys had a great time fishing and after a very short time and some very kind and caring advice (perfectly suited for young anxious boys)... caught our dinner. We also bought a standard chicken fingers meal for our boys as a standby, but even our pickiest son enjoyed the trout more. I couldn't believe it!
For me, the Blackened trout was just about the best fish I have ever eaten. I left so full too from the generous sides (also delicious).
If you are good people, and like good people, and want a simple easy fishing experience and a good meal... Then you should definitely give this a try. it's a short drive out into the country, but well worth it... We will do it again if we return to the Smokeys.
--- Heath, Elaine, and boys

1 Thank Heath_E_and_Boys
“Best part of the trip!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I can't say enough about this gem!!! The kids loved the fishing and surprised me when they actually ate what they caught. Do the gemstone mining... fun and they got so many stones and a variety of color and sizes. Everyone was so friendly and down to earth. The atmosphere was relaxing and pleasant. We loved it so much I am writing this as we drive off!

Longs, South Carolina
“Love it”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have been bringing our boys here for the past four years. We love it couldn't ask for better service and friendly people. Will be back to see them for years to come. Also very good eating.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Don't judge a book by it's cover!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit, when we first pulled in I thought we must be in the wrong place! We decided to stay as the kids were very excited to catch their own dinner. We were certainly glad we did! We all had a great time fishing and then we got the large gem mining bucket to keep the kids busy while our dinner was being prepared. We got some beautiful stones in our bucket and then got cleaned up as our food was ready.
The owner came over and we chatted for a bit about the place. It is a very laid back, family oriented place. If you are looking for fancy, this is not for you but, if you want a fun experience and great food with your family, go! It is a bit pricey but, you won't get fresher fish anywhere else unless you are on a boat! And be sure to bring cash as they do not accept credit cards.
My kids never had trout but, they loved it so much, they ate every bite of their dinners! We go up to Tennessee at least once a year and this will be on our list of places to go to again and again!

Visited June 2013