“Superb”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Superb”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Fun to catch and tasty, with fresh sides. Angela and the staff were excellent. They made our experience a great one. My son calls it one of the high points of our trip to the Smokies. Thank you, from both of us :)

• Visited November 2013

Virginia
“What a little gem!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I found this place by accident and am very glad I did. I was on my way back to Gatlinburg after visiting the Bush Bean factory and saw the sign on the road. It was lunch time on a beautiful fall afternoon, so I took a chance.

This place is so unique. It is a small diner sitting next to a trout pond, and has both outdoor picnic tables and a few tables inside the restaurant. I fish a lot, so catching fish in a stocked pond was not what I stopped for, but the kids who were fishing were having a blast. I let the staff catch my trout and prepare it for lunch. The meal consists of your fish, cooked to your liking, plus two delicious sides.

I have to say this fish was delicious. I had mine grilled with lemon pepper. They butterfly the fish so there are virtually no bones to deal with. I will definitely go back. And if you have a little one you can let catch your fish for you, you will marvel at the excitement when they haul in these beautiful fish.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RUtraveller
Indiana
“The Best”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This place was so different and so good there is nothing else to say. Because of trip advisor we took the beautiful drive to this place. It's the freshest and best trout ........ period.

Visited October 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“UNIQUE!! WELL WORTH A VISIT”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Located in the country away from the hustle bustle of Gatlinburg. We were welcomed with a warm greeting from Chief the proprietors dog. We fished in a pond stocked with trout. $5.00 per person. The staff was helpful and very informative. We each caught 2 fish, posed for pictures and then proceeded to the restaurant where they were cleaned and prepared. There motto is "YOU HOOK EM, WE COOK EM!!" Indeed they did. How fresh can you get? We both chose blackened but the other choices were fried and lemon pepper. The husband and wife team were great. I highly recommend a stop off here. True country hospitality!!!
Tip: CASH ONLY

• Visited October 2013
Indiana
“Great out of the way spot”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Catch your own fish, have them cook it for you, and then enjoy some tasty food. Blackened was the best. We also did the gem mining. Our kids had a blast here, and we thought the food was delicious.