“Great fun!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had never even seen a rainbow trout, much less catch one. It was great fun to feel that trout grab my hook (baited with a salmon egg). And after around 20 minutes, I saw my trout again, this time filleted and fried! It was very good and way more than we could eat. We took the leftovers with us, and it rewarmed very well in the microwave. We ate outdoors at a picnic table, but there was seating available inside with air conditioning. This would be a great place for kids. The ones that were there were very busy watching the trout swim around and feeding them pellets of some kind that were available.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

What a great place! Our 4 yo had been talking about wanting to go fishing. My husband had been to a similar place in Townsend years ago (which has since closed) and thought this would be something she would enjoy. When we first pulled up, I had an "uh-oh" feeling. The pond that you fish in isn't much bigger than a swimming pool. I hate to say it looked dumpy, but it kind of did. But it turned out to be a great time. Taylor took our kids over to the pond and got them set up with a cane pole with a worm on it. It wasn't even 2 minutes before they both caught a fish. Taylor took the fish off and got them set up to go again. Sarah was very disappointed that she couldn't catch a 3rd fish, but we knew we couldn't eat that much and had to say no! They said it would take about 20-25 min to cook. You had the choice of fried or baked. Seems like they also offered burgers as well, but I might be wrong. The kids enjoyed feeding the fish and loving on the dogs. We were able to bring in our own beverages so we were able to sit and relax and enjoy those while watching the kids. They have picnic tables set up outside as well as some tables on the inside. The fish was absolutely delicious. My husband had his fried and my son and I both got lemon pepper baked. Huge basket of hushpuppies and each dinner comes with 2 sides as well. I think we all chose traditional sides: fries, coleslaw and mac & cheese. We enjoyed talking to the owners while we were eating. This will be on our short list of places to come back to. What a great find! Oh, I think someone else mentioned it to, but it is CASH ONLY. That could be a surprise for a lot of people! We ended up paying about $70 for a family of four.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Family fun and great lunch. Cash only though. We caught six and tried fried, lemon pepper, and blackened. All were great. Nice to see a small business that families can enjoy.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you're visiting Forbidden Caverns, do yourself a favor and stop in here for some lunch / dinner. Food was prepared like you were at Granny's house and they treat you like family.

I honestly was expecting less, but man, the food was simple, delicious and perfectly cooked. Get the blackened trout. Highly Recommended!!!

Also, be sure to order extra hushpuppies, and try not to step on the sweet lazy dog they have there like my wife did.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Was the biggest fish my wife ever caught. It gets no fresher than this. Had a great time. feed the fish, saw young people who never caught fish before, my wife screamed like a little girl, best part of my day.

1  Thank weeks416