“Catch of the Trip”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We almost backed out of the parking lot because we thought we had the wrong place but decided to check it out. What a great time we had catching the Rainbow Trout. The assistant bated our hook and was so nice and so was his wife. He dressed the fish and they were cooked and served right up. We ate the blackened and the best Rainbow Trout we have ever eaten. The sides were also delicious too. What a neighborly, friendly place to eat. Don't pass it up!!!!! I'm glad we didn't.
You can't beat the friendliness with excellent service. We plan on going back again with our grandchildren. Believe me, they will have a grand time catching the fish!!!! It would be a great place to have parties, birthdays, etc.!!!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our favorite day we went to the caves first and on our way back we stopped by and my two children had a blast catching fish. We caught two fish and they cooked them. It was so peacefull we ate outside adn the food was excellent. so they caught 6 more fish for there dad to take to the cabin and eat. He was so proud of them and they were so proud for catching. they couldnt eat enough. This was the best trip ever!!!! I will do that again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our family passed by this place and doubled back to let Aaron, our 3 year old son catch his first rainbow trout. They have a fish pond with picnic tables around it and our son had a blast feeding the fish and watching them splash around. Angie greeted us and Charlie hooked Aaron up with a fat trout, then he took the fish cleaned them up and we decided to have them blackened.It tasted so fresh and delicious, and even though I'm not a fan of hushpuppies these smelled so good I just had to try them, and I was glad I did. These people are so friendly that their hospitality felt more like family invited us over for a backyard lunch. We had a wonderful experience and a lot of fun, and this will surely be one of our stops from now on when we're up this way.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I visited based on tripadvisor reviews and they were dead on. It was the best meal of our trip and a lot of fun. I have never had trout that fresh or that good. We had it blackened. It was perfectly prepared.. The hush puppies were awesome as were the sides of Mac and cheese, slaw and beans. The owners made us feel at home and could not have taken any better care of us. Taylor, the fishing assistant, was very patient and made catching the fish easy. He felt my wife's first fish was too small for her meal so he thru it back and let her catch another. We will definately visit again and look forward to bringing friends and family.

2  Thank Kjones00
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stopped on our way back from The Forbidden Caverns and checked this place out. It looked like fun so we went back 2 days later and had to try it. My husband caught the trout and the owners recommended the blackened so that's what we tried. We had never tried trout before so we weren't sure how we would like it. We split the dinner and it was delicious! We are from the Ohio Lake Erie area so our main fish are walleye and perch. We decided that trout was more delicious than the walleye and perch. The owners are wonderful and a lot of fun to talk to. They make you feel right at home. There were 2 kids there with their parents and they caught 3 trout. We got so much enjoyment just watching the kids catch the "big" ones. They were super excited when the fish took the bait. It was an overall very enjoyable truly unique experience that we will definitely be back for. I highly recommend that if you are in Sevierville, Tennessee that you stop to experience this wonderful place!!

2  Thank Wheelers2012