“Top of the Mountain”

Starr Crest Resort
Memphis, Tennessee
“Top of the Mountain”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

recently stayed in this property(top of the mountain cabin). found it at the last minute and got a great price. the staff (Carroll and Shannon) were very nice. the cabin was great. we found everything in working order and clean. had to call to figure out the television since it was DISH and the girl could not have been any nicer. the pictures shown on the website were what was there. the weather coming in was questionable for the night before we were leaving and they granted my hour later check out (since it was not reserved for the next night). we will be staying there again and again!!!!! we had a great family get away!!

Room Tip: we had a view over pigeon forge as opposed to just a view of the mountain and trees, it was really p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank family778811

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Away From It All. We could see the Wild Eagle at Dollywood from the deck. The loft bedroom is pretty much enclosed so it was nicer that some of the other cabins that we stayed in with lofts. The views are amazing in this resort. You can see Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Mt. Leconte depending on where your cabin is located. There is nothing like waking up and going on your deck or just sitting in the living room looking at the moutains(escpecially if they are snow covered). I would recommend this resort to anyone. It is not far from Pigeon Forge and they take care of the roads in the winter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crystalm37
Morrison, TN
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was an awesome cabin and perfectly located at the top of the mountain with a great view. Very well maintained. However there are somethings like the wifi and cable did not work in the upstairs loft. The bed in the upstairs loft also needed some serious attention. Mattress worn with large depressions on both sides. Bed is placed on cinder blocks on one end and does tilt bed just as other review stated. Other than those things I would definately stay again! Perfect!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The cabin is in a nice quiet spot with a beautiful, spanning view of mountains and is quite elegant. Bring plenty of batteries for remotes and allow for some aggravation figuring stuff out. The hockey game is broken. The owner needs to come here and and pay some attention to details. Dollywood Cabins has it way overpriced.

• Stayed October 2012
North of Atlanta
Reviewed October 18, 2012

You can't beat the view from this cabin, or the fact that you have three decks from which to experience it. Be sure to catch the sunset over the mountains- wonderful! We stayed here Oct. 2012 for a family vacation. Grandparents, cousins, kids, parents... we all enjoyed our time here. It was clean when we arrived, and we had no problems during our stay. Loved that all the beds were kings. Our only complaint was the size of the table- wish it were bigger so the whole family could eat together. Another advantage of the Dollywood cabin rentals- length of stay passes for the park and up front parking. We were there during a busy time when the parking lots were full, but we were able to still park right up front. This is our second time at the Starr Crest Resort, and we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I rented the cabin “Especially for You” from Dollywood Vacation Rentals at Starr Crest Resorts. Overall we had a wonderful time, the cabin was awesome and although it was a honeymoon cabin it accommodated me, my wife, and our two sons who are 2 and 6. We chose this cabin because it was the cheapest cabin for the week we wanted to stay on the Dollywood website.
The BAD: The cabin had cobwebs in the kitchen hanging from the ceiling and it had ants that we discovered after my boys left a Capri sun drink pouch on the cabinet overnight. After we wiped up the spills the ants did not return for the remainder of our vacation. The towel warmer in the bathroom was broken, looked like it was burned out and had a DO NOT OPERATE label on it. A couple of tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked but nothing you wouldn’t expect from any other hotel. We had to pull the phone and the bedroom TV remote from under the bed, and found a pair of flip flops in the process. 1 We used the washer/dryer combo on the second day only to find out that the exhaust hose for the dryer had come loose and vented the dryer air into the cabin. All trash needed to be put outside, our cabins trashcan didn’t have a lid, and on more than one occasion we saw local dogs knocking over the cans and pulling trash out.
The GOOD: I saved the good for last because overall the trip was incredible. Despite the setbacks above I would recommend this resort to others and would stay in the same cabin again. The bed was king sized and was more than comfortable. After walking all over Pigeon Forge it was a welcomed site for my wife and I. The cabin was spacious for a one bedroom; cable TV and Wi-Fi internet were provided and worked well. The cabin is wired for surround sound which worked well. The sound system is also wired into the bathroom and the porch; my boys loved listening to the radio while they played in the Jacuzzi tub. The kitchen had new appliances and more than enough cabinet space to accompany the horde of food we brought along. We did not try the gas fireplace or the hot tub though they both looked to be in good working order. The cabin is situated close to Dollywood/Splash Country, Pigeon Forge, and Gatlinburg. My family and I had plenty of room to stretch out and watch the big screen TV in the living room. All the kitchen appliance were clean and in good working order, AC also worked well. It was a beautiful cabin with breath taking views of the Smokey Mountains. I would definitely stay here again and recommend giving this cabin a try, other than a couple of small items our stay was nothing short of spectacular.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have been renting cabins in the pigeon forge/Gatlinburg for about 6 years now. Every time I would rent a cabin from seeing it on line,,I would be a little disappointed in my view or something else because it looked different on line. The view would always be obstructed by trees...Last summer,,when I was coming down the mountain from our cabin that we rented,,I passed by Starr Crest Resort,,I noticed how nice it looked from the road,,so I turned around and proceeded up the mountain,,,,when I went around the bend and started looking at the cabins ,,I was very impressed,,,so I drove around and found the ones with the best views,,and I wrote them down! So after I got home from vacation,,I looked up the cabin that I wanted from Starr Crest Resort,,I FOUND it,,and I went ahead and reserved it for the next coming summer(which was for this summer 2012) I am glad that I booked in advance,,because by December of last year,,June and July was fully booked! I was so excited to get there to this cabin,because I knew what I was actually getting this time,,and let me tell you,,,I was VERY HAPPY with this cabin!!! The view was AWESOME!!!,, We would sit out on the deck and could actually see people riding the roller coasters at Dollywood! The deck had the most comfortable chairs to sit in,,they all had cushions,,in the past cabins that I rented,,the chairs on the deck were so uncomfortable that we never spent any time out there,,but let me tell you,,THIS SUMMER,,we spent mornings,mid days,,and late nights out on these decks EVERY DAY,,,the deck was my favorite part,,so relaxing,,go take a look at the inside of this cabin,,you will not be disappointed!! The cabin is ran by Dollywood,,so with just one day admission,,you can go to Dollywood EVERY day that you are there,,we stayed 7 days,,and we were able to go EVERY day if we wanted,,and free parking!! I really hated leaving this cabin,,we came with another couple and their daughter,,and my sons,,they all enjoyed this cabin,,my sons said that this was the best cabin that they have ever stayed in without a doubt,, they want me to reserve again for next summer,,and believe me,,I WILL!!!!

Room Tip: Going 4th of July week is AWESOME!! Watching fireworks from the deck is amazing! Bring your bikes an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TracyEddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Resort at Governor's Crossing
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area
#5 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,336 reviews
Dollywood's DreamMore Resort and Spa

Been to Starr Crest Resort? Share your experiences!