“Great experience for new rider”

Five Oaks Riding Stables
Ranked #10 of 22 Tours in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: When you're ready to turn off the cell phone, get away from all noise, and truly enjoy some nature then come visit us at Five Oaks Riding Stables. This 70-acre nature park will give you the opportunity to view a beautiful mountain lake and the majestic Mount LeConte like you've never seen it before. Please note that hours of operation are seasonal and subject to change.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went on a weekday and were able to start our ride soon after we arrived. We had 4 in our party and 3 had never ridden. You could tell that they picked the horses with the riders in mind. My aunt was really nervous and our guide Slim was very patient and helpful with her throughout the ride. The views were also exceptional. I found it to be a very peaceful and enjoyable experience. Would definitely go back and ask for Slim as a guide. We did the hour ride and used a coupon found in one of the pamphlets around town $33 plus tip was a great deal in my opinion.

All reviews
"reins"
"woods"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well let me tell you; I had not been on a horse for a couple of years. But the guides at Five Oaks seem to pick out the perfect horse for each rider. Our guide,Greg, was very friendly and helpful. He helped me feel at ease. My foot slipped from stirrup and he quickly helped. The countryside was beautiful and we traveled at a very relaxed pace. Quite enjoyable!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

A fun hour spent with the family. Very experienced tour guide and easy trails. Be sure and ask for Slim as your tour guide.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

went with my wife and two grandchildren 6 and 11 never ridden by them self before guide mumbled some instructions that nobody heard or could understand, and we were off, only one person at front of line nobody at the rear, one horse decided to kick the other my grandson got kicked on the foot, my wife screamed , the guide yelled from the front to keep the horses apart, a 6 and 11 year old can't handle the horse without proper instructions. when got back to barn the guide said some horses don't get along that's all, oh one other thing they screwed up the pictures nice job. don't go to this place.