“Well... I had fun!”

Five Oaks Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: When you're ready to turn off the cell phone, get away from all noise, and truly enjoy some nature then come visit us at Five Oaks Riding Stables. This 70-acre nature park will give you the opportunity to view a beautiful mountain lake and the majestic Mount LeConte like you've never seen it before. Please note that hours of operation are seasonal and subject to change.
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well... I had fun!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have read some of the other reviews... And well... I had fun! I have never been on a horse for a long as I was on Twitch. She was nice and pokey! Puddin started to buck after we got down the first muddy hill but the guide (I wish that I could remember his name) was quick to assist the rider and eventually pulled Puddin and her rider to the front with him. It stormed the day before so yes the route was muddy but the horses know the route and also know how to manuever around to prevent slipping.

I mean as far as the horses rolling, slipping, biting, kicking... I mean people these are REAL animals, not the little ponies that ride around in a circle or even the ones that you put a quarter in the box and music comes starts up! These are real animals! Some real issues may happen!

The crew all made me feel like a cowgirl! LOL... I wanted to do more...

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LouiseD678

Conway, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Horseback riding at its finest”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had never been on a horse in my life and this experience made me feel like a cowgirl. Our guide was professional and wise. I wish I could horseback ride everyday at this place <3

Visited March 2013
Fredonia, Alabama, United States
3 attraction reviews
“great ride”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had Slim as our guide. Very nice and helpful Horses now the trail and now when to stop and go, so all you have to do is just sit on the horse and enjoy the ride

Visited March 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Loved "almost" every minute of it!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I bought a coupon on halfoffdepot for an hour ride for 2. We got there, filled out the paperwork, and went to stand in our appointed places. I have only been on a horse twice before, and realized as I'm getting older, a little more apprehensive about it. Once I voiced my issues about how nervous I was, the staff picked on me and never stopped!! But it was all in the name of fun and I completely felt that they were looking out for my best interest! After about 20 mins I felt much more at ease. The guide was very friendly and always stopped to make sure we were all ok. The only complaint I have is about the conditions of just a few spots on the trail. We walked through mud that was every bit of 6 inches deep, and while this may not be a big deal to the horses, I found it extremely nerve racking! I also realize that the weather is completely out of the owners control. All the other staff were great and right before dismounting the guide got down off his horse and took some pics for me, since I was still holding on for dear life:-)
I would absolutely return here to go riding again, as well as recommend it to friends! Ask for tour guide Jonathan!

3 Thank mybaby071803
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great relaxing fun”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

this was a lot of fun for someone that has it been on a horse and at least 10 years. The people are nice but not overly friendly but that's when she get a stable boys. the ride was great and our guide was pretty good. Great views I would go again.