“Loved "almost" every minute of it!”

Five Oaks Riding Stables
Ranked #10 of 21 Tours in Sevierville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: When you're ready to turn off the cell phone, get away from all noise, and truly enjoy some nature then come visit us at Five Oaks Riding Stables. This 70-acre nature park will give you the opportunity to view a beautiful mountain lake and the majestic Mount LeConte like you've never seen it before. Please note that hours of operation are seasonal and subject to change.
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I bought a coupon on halfoffdepot for an hour ride for 2. We got there, filled out the paperwork, and went to stand in our appointed places. I have only been on a horse twice before, and realized as I'm getting older, a little more apprehensive about it. Once I voiced my issues about how nervous I was, the staff picked on me and never stopped!! But it was all in the name of fun and I completely felt that they were looking out for my best interest! After about 20 mins I felt much more at ease. The guide was very friendly and always stopped to make sure we were all ok. The only complaint I have is about the conditions of just a few spots on the trail. We walked through mud that was every bit of 6 inches deep, and while this may not be a big deal to the horses, I found it extremely nerve racking! I also realize that the weather is completely out of the owners control. All the other staff were great and right before dismounting the guide got down off his horse and took some pics for me, since I was still holding on for dear life:-)
I would absolutely return here to go riding again, as well as recommend it to friends! Ask for tour guide Jonathan!

3  Thank mybaby071803
"the staff was great"
"well worth the money"
"first timers"

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

this was a lot of fun for someone that has it been on a horse and at least 10 years. The people are nice but not overly friendly but that's when she get a stable boys. the ride was great and our guide was pretty good. Great views I would go again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Five Oaks Riding Stables are directly across the street from the Five Oaks outlet stores. It's very convenient if you're staying in Pigeon Forge and want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

2  Thank HonestJohn2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited the Five Oaks Riding Stables in April of 2012 and enjoyed every minute of it. I called about a month and a half prior to our trip to see if there were any horses that could carry a man above the 250 weight limit, and the lady was extremely helpful. The guide was very knowledgeable and the ride itself was peaceful. Despite some reviewers stating that the horses were filthy, I had absolutely no problem. The horses were well cared for, well-fed, and were very clean. The only issue we had was that we were told that our picture would be taken prior to dismounting, but the cameraman was too busy taking pictures of the zipline guests to take our pictures. That was a disappointment, because we loved our horses and wanted to purchase a picture to capture the moment. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience and we will be going back.
Oh, and they also have little ponies available for younger children. The ponies have such sweet dispositions and are very gentle.

2  Thank anburton
See more reviews
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Groupon for a 1 hour trail ride combined with good reviews at the time of purchase made for higher expectations.

After calling and making our reservation, we arrived to Five Oaks. We were brought over to the mounting dock and horses were brought out 1 at a time for our party of 8. These horses were filthy. I understand that the recent rains made for lots of mud and some dirt may be expected but these poor horses were caked w/ mud. They had obviously not been brushed prior to being tacked up.

The trail was a muddy mess and seemed dangerous due to the possibilities of the horses losing their footing which happened a few times although none slipped horribly. However, for novice riders which was most of our group a mild slip can be unnerving. Had I realized that the trail was a truck wide dirt path that had turned into a several inch thick mud bog, I probably would have opted not to ride until the area had dried some.

During the course of the trail ride, not 1 but 2 of our horses decided to roll. So while at a point of the trail where we were waiting for the last couple of riders to catch up, 2 of the horses dropped down to roll (perhaps if they had been groomed properly, they wouldn't have felt the need). Fortunately, those 2 riders were quick thinkers and managed to jump off before getting trapped under a rolling horse.

Our guide was extremely apologetic and radioed to the barn. At various points on the trail, other staff came to check our progress so all of the guide staff was aware of our troubles on the trail.

Upon return to the barn, no one came to check on the riders that could have been injured had they not jumped out of the way. We were; however, told we could go buy pictures of our ride if we wanted since they had someone with a camera taking individual shots as we ended our ride. Granted I could have requested to speak to a manager but at that point, we were cold and left somewhat speechless at the events on the trail.

The only reason I rated this poor vs. terrible, is our guide was very concerned about our group and tried his best to make sure we remained safe on the mud that doubled as a trail and traded mounts with one of the riders that had a rolling horse.

1  Thank 1gapeach