“The real deal”

MountainTop Resorts Douglas Lake
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sevierville
MountainTop Resorts Douglas Lake
Reviewed October 24, 2007

The cabin (#138) we stayed in was perfect in almost every way. It was far enough away from everything to be very peaceful but close enough for us to get to every attraction we wanted to see. The view from the porch was wonderful. The hot tub was a welcome addition after a long day of activities. The beds were quite comfortable and had nice quilts on them. The place had anything and everything you would need to cook with. It also had a grill on the porch. I would have liked to have had the opportunity to fire up the wood burning fire place but it was not cold enough to do that during our stay.

Now for the negative. First, Douglas Lake is a seasonal lake. It was not there at the time of our stay. This was not a big deal since the trees were so colorful and the mountain back drop was so nice. The second thing was that the water pressure was not as strong as what I am used to. The only thing I could think of is that the cabin was at a higher elevation than what I am used to. That is about all I can think of for the dislikes.

This place will probably be the place I stay at the next time I go to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chas1723

Reviewed September 27, 2007

I recently brought my family to MountainTop - the Douglas Lake Resort - for a Labor Day/End of Summer weekend away. I have 2 small children and one teenager, so needless to say, vacations of any sort are stressful, and price is always a priority.

We were able to stay in a 3 bedroom cabin with a pool table and unbelievable view for half the price of the others in the area we were looking at (I got the special price from one of their newsletters) and couldn't have been more pleased. We have visited the area several times, but this was my first stay with this particular cabin rental/resort company.

The office staff was friendly and helpful throughout the entire process, and they also have a video checkout in the front office (which came in handy). The cabin was beautiful, clean, well maintained and very comfortable. Our experience was, in all honesty, exactly what I – as a mom of three – was hoping for. Relaxing but entertaining for my children, and a chance for us all to get away and spend some much needed family time together.

Having said that – I will tell you this: This review is not meant to insinuate that everything was flawless - when we first checked in, they had misbooked us in a cabin without a pool table – which was something very important to my teenager and husband. However, once we let them know, they promptly apologized, brought us the correct keys and everything went smoothly for the rest of our weekend.

I will continue to take my family back to Mountaintop at Douglas Lake - we were able to take a boat out on the Lake, stretch our legs and relax together as a family. After staying at other cabins in the area (not to say they are all bad - because there not) this is the best by far. I can highly recommend these cabins to anyone looking to visit the area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HappyMom59
Reviewed August 4, 2007

We dont get a chance to take a vacation often so we didnt want a bad experience. We were very concern after reading the other reviews that we made a mistake but took a chance and were glad that we did.
We had a wonderful time, very nice cabin, clean and a wonderful view. The cabins are not close to town but not more then 30 minutes from all the action. We didnt want to be in town so we didnt mind the drive.
The pool is not right out your back door but not difficult to get to, nice walk, very clean and refreshing. The Lake was beautiful but like we were told very low but once your on it you didnt notice.
The ladies in the office were all very nice. We talked with Devon, she was very helpful and went out of her way to help us after we first went though a travel agent , I suggest booking direct though MountainTop resort and Devon.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank HardLuck
Reviewed June 26, 2006

Hello
To any of you considering staying at this resort watch out. My family went here and were told we could pay extra for a early check-in (WRONG) my family was denied only to upon entering our cabin to find filthy dirty mens under garmet laying on the floo,.Bathroom were not cleaned properly, and to mant things to mention about the up keep of the cabin. There were things broken and just sitting on the floor.The whole weekend we could not even ust the hot tub.It was way nastier than the bathrooms inside our cabin.I went to the main office and was exspecting to receive another cabin that was properly cleaned and prepared fpr a family to stay, but cutomer service was really bad all they did was played a blame game. Thats the last thing a family needs when paying good money and all of this happens with no additional accomidationd from resort. Well when I thought it couldnt get worse it did. My family was having a family reuniion and several families rented their own cabin, my sister became very ill and had to cancel her reservations or so she thought until she was informed by her credit card that they never cmpleted her request to cancel so she is still trying to get this situation fixed. SO MY OWN OPION IS TO PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE!!! GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! AND PLEASE GIVE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A VACATION THEY AND YOU DESERVE!!!

• Stayed: June 2006
15  Thank LMS24
A TripAdvisor Member
Kings Mountain
Reviewed June 12, 2006

We just returned from a long weekend stay at Douglas Lake Mountaintop
Resorts. The website is truly misleading. The roads are extremely narrow and the pool/lodge area was at least a 3-5 min drive. (not convenient with kids). We brought our boat and the landing was very hard to navigate. The cabin advertises sleeps 7, however, there is one sofa for all guests to sit on! There was one thin bedspread on the beds, so bring extra blankets and towels as no linen service was provided and no washer/dryer in cabin. There was one 6 inch skillet, so cooking bacon took a really long time--bring a griddle or large frying pan with you.
It is a nice area, the porch had two rocking chairs and a hot tub which was nice. You cannot even see the mountains or lake from most cabins, so if that is important, call and see if you can be located in one with a view. It is a beautiful area, and we still had a good vacation, we just won't be staying there again. It seems deserted and not well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2006