“Fantastic place for a quilt retreat”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome to The Lodge at Douglas Lake. The parking lot will hold 30-40 vehicles
Swimming and fishing are great in our little cove just off the main channel. Dock has swim ladder We keep the inside and outside of the lodge meticulously maintained to welcome our guests
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Welcome to The Lodge at Douglas Lake. The parking lot will hold 30-40 vehicles
Bring your boat or rent one from the local marina just around the bend
Bring your boat or rent one from a local marina
Take a sunset cruise and admire the lake and mountain views on Douglas Lake
Relax in the hot tub and admire the mountain views and blooming trees
Hang your coat and hat in the beautiful entry foyer. We also provide carts to make unloading easier
Watch the game or relax in front of the wood-burning fireplace with family and friends
Cook for the entire crowd in our fully-stocked commercial kitchen.
The 1200 sq ft dining room easily transforms into a meeting hall or quilting/scrapbooking workroom.
Sleep the night away in the king log bed in the upstairs master bedroom w private attached bath
Play pool or watch tv in the downstairs Den w 2 couches, wood-burning fireplace, and snack station
Mama, Papa, Baby Bear Bedroom w King, Queen, and XL Twin beds, tv, w attached bath
The Flower Room w queen and xl twin beds covered by handmade quilts
Pine cone bedroom w queen bed and rocker/recliner
All the kids love the Boat Room w two queens and one xl twin beds, and futon
The Pink Bedroom w king, queen, and xl twin beds, tv, loveseat, and private attached bath
The lodge boasts 5 1/2 large bathrooms, four downstairs and 1 1/2 upstairs
The Deer Room w queen and xl twin beds, very cozy
The leaf bedroom w queen bed covered by handmade quilt, the most private bedroom (end of hall)
Eat dinner on the deck or just sit and enjoy the gentle lake breezes
The dining room also makes a great small wedding chapel (wedding fee applies) or reception area
We provide tables, chairs, cut station, iron boards/irons, and extra outlets for our quilters
There's plenty of room to play basketball or put up a volleyball net. We also have a fire pit
View of the lodge from the back (lake) side
Lower outside deck just above the dock and lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Stay56288...
“Fantastic place for a quilt retreat”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The large room with lots of light was great for sewing .the large kitchen with everything you needed allowed us to cook our own meals and enjoy them on the wrap around deck.Wonderful trails to go for a walk.Great quilt stores nearby.

Jun 28, 2017
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the lodge. We look cooking for our retreat guests in the big kitchen. I hope you will come again.
Diana B
“Quilt Retreat Time Again”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The lodge is large, clean and accommodating. I have been there for several quilt retreats. Sara and Mike Wall are the best hosts. I have always hated to leave.

Your age range 65+
Jun 29, 2017
Diana, it has been so great to have you attend the retreats. I am so glad you will still come after you move to New York.
jasmith49...
Pleasant View, Tennessee
“Quilt Retreat”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Not only was this my first quilt retreat with 20+ quilters, but my first time staying at the lodge. I was impressed!! The lodge handled all that we quilters bring plus the facilities were more than I expected. The 2 floors are very accommodating for all physical needs. Bedrooms and bathrooms very comfortable. Very spacious and never felt like we were crowded from kitchen to dining/sewing room. Grounds are well maintained. Very peaceful setting! The owners are lovely people with a mission of pleasing guests.

Jun 29, 2017
Janice, it was so nice to have you and Donna attend your first quilt retreat at the lodge. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you will come again.
Dedee M
“AWESOME is all I can say!”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I stayed at the lodge for a quilting retreat in May, 2017. It was awesome! The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Sara and Mike made sure everyone had a great time. It felt like being home. I can't wait for next year's retreat. I will definitely be going back again.

Jul 1, 2017
Dedee, thank you for contributing your knowledge and helping to make the retreat a sucess. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
Cynthia P
“Everything you could ask for and more!”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I came to the Lodge at Douglas Lake to attend a quilting retreat with 20 other women....I was astonished at how beautifully this lodge accommodated all 21 of us without ever feeling that we were crowded or uncomfortable in any way. The layout provides for spaces to meet as a large group, as well as space for a more intimate gathering/conversation both inside and on the grounds surrounding the lodge. The kitchen is a huge commercial kitchen, easily allowing for meal preparation for a large group. The owners are amazing, anticipating our needs, always available to answer questions and incredibly hospitable. The area is gorgeous, the lodge sits on a beautiful lake, allowing for boating, fishing and other water activities. Only miles away from town, you have the feeling of being in nature with conveniences and shopping are only a short distance away. I hope to return on many occasions and would highly recommend this Lodge as your first option in the area!

Jul 1, 2017
Cynthia, I especially thank you for driving so far to attend our retreat. And thank you for the beautiful pictures of the lake. I hope you will be able to attend again next year.
juststitc...
Callahan, Florida
“Quilters Retreat”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was my first quilters retreat. We had such a wonderful time. We were greeted by Sara & Mike so warmly and welcomed in after such a long drive from Jacksonville, Florida. There was so much to see and do. We walked around the property and down to the lake. It was a bit chilly still and we were surprised by a quick passing of a quiet snowfall. I just felt like I was at home there. We were so comfortable and the house was so quiet. Being out in the woodsy area was just breathtaking. Sara & Mile are such wonderful hosts.
We will definitely be back again hopefully to as many Quilters Retreats as possible.

Jul 1, 2017
Brenda, I know it was a long trip for yall but I hope you will be able to attend again soon.
Madeira33...
Lockport
“50th Anniversary Celebration with Family”
Reviewed July 12, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

What a great place for a family gathering. Our 50th Ann is soon so we decided to find a place for us, our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and their spouses or significant other. 22 of us in all. The Lodge was the perfect place!! The view is breathtaking. You are not right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the tourist towns but you can get there pretty quickly. It had a very well equipped commercial kitchen with everything you would need. Plenty of room to prepare your meals and let everyone help. All the refrigerator and freezer space that you would need. Lots of seating outside on the 2 wraparound decks. Someone in our group brought 2 jet skis that they put in the water and left tied to the dock. The dock in down the steps from the cabin where you can also swim. There is a pool table, foosball table, basketball hoop, among other games to give you plenty to do. It was so comfortable staying there that we all hated to leave. The owners Sara and Mike Wall were the nicest people. They came to pick up the garbage every other day and made sure you know that if you needed anything just give them a call. If we ever need a place for a group again we would defiantly book The Lodge. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a well kept cabin for a crowd.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That you were not right in the middle of the tourist area but still close!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jun 28, 2017
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad the lodge was a good fit for your family. We enjoyed hosting you and hope your family will return again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing