“Amazing!!!!”
Review of Deep South Smokehouse and Grill - CLOSED

Deep South Smokehouse and Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: PLEASE NOTE OUR WINTER HOURS IN JANUARY-MARCH. FRIDAY & SATURDAY ONLY FROM 11 AM-6 PM!! S-L-O-W smoked artisan style PORKALICIOUS BBQ, homemade sides and southern hospitality! Stop by our peaceful setting away from the chains on the parkway!! Everything is cooked fresh everyday. Nothing frozen or reheated here!! We do recommend reserving our famous ribs and jalapeno poppers!! Dine In, Carry out or Catering !
Pensacola, Fl
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Best BBQ by far!!!! Ribs, pulled pork brisket and sides---all very good. Can't wait to get back to TN to get more! Unfortunately--because the food is so good--our local BBQ's now don't hold a candle to Deep South!!!! Thank you for this wonderful food!!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MicksMom

“Awesome Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The food here was awesome! The ribs were great. My daughter loved the chicken, and said when she dies she wants this to be her last meal. The French fries were really good too. Actually everything we had was awesome. The owners were very friendly too. Being from Texas we have had a lot of BBQ and this is one of the best we have eaten at.

• Visited March 2014
“Excellent and worth the drive!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful, true smoked BBQ. Even the pulled pork - unlike some places that oven roast it and slather it in sauce. Great friendly service. Would definitely go back!

Providence, Rhode Island
“Not just a meal but an experience!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I'll try and keep this short. Asked a guy working at a zip line place where the best food was and this was what he recommended. We pulled in the parking lot and new right of the bat that we had found the right place. Atmosphere was perfect! A couple locals hanging on the porch getting food to go all of them with huge smiles. I wasn't sure what to get so the owner Mike was kind enough to invite me in the back and show me what was in the smoker. I could tell that the owner was a nice guy but that was only the beginning. So we got the food, I was literally speechless it was so good. I ordered a little of everything. The baked beans were so over the top good all I could do was sit there and smile. I didn't want to open my mouth and let any of the flavor escape. Then Mike came out to check on us and for the sake of time I won't go into every detail. But he was one of the nicest, most genuine dudes I have ever met. Talking to him and getting to know him a little completed the whole meal. Actually to say it was a meal doesn't do it justice. It was an experience. When we left I stuck me head in the kitchen window and shake his hand but honestly I wanted to hug him. He was that nice. I live in Rhode Island and have searched for that real southern BBQ feeling since I was 18, I finally found it. A little later I got home and actually didn't want to wash my hands because I didn't want to wash the smell of the rich, smokey BBQ of my hands. So yea, you could say I enjoyed it.

1 Thank mikepaul8
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Outstanding!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The BEST ribs and mac and cheese I have ever tasted in my life! The service, especially Michael, was second to none!