“crazy generous”
Review of Deep South Smokehouse and Grill - CLOSED

Deep South Smokehouse and Grill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: PLEASE NOTE OUR WINTER HOURS IN JANUARY-MARCH. FRIDAY & SATURDAY ONLY FROM 11 AM-6 PM!! S-L-O-W smoked artisan style PORKALICIOUS BBQ, homemade sides and southern hospitality! Stop by our peaceful setting away from the chains on the parkway!! Everything is cooked fresh everyday. Nothing frozen or reheated here!! We do recommend reserving our famous ribs and jalapeno poppers!! Dine In, Carry out or Catering !
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, United States
“crazy generous”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I used to eat here when the other owner had it. Now it's better because of lots of things. Now it's open 5 days a week. I think it should be open on Sundays, it would really do the public a great service. I will be eating here more than I eat a Dunn's. The food is great and the portions are crazy generous. The owner, Dawn is on to something here.

• Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you are looking for a really good BBQ place, this is it. It's nothing fancy. You just go up to a window to order and then there is a little cabin-like room where you can sit down and eat. It's very small, so I imagine it could get crowded. We were a party of 4 and everything everyone had was excellent. The pork sandwiches are loaded with pork. No skimping here! Everything there is home made. We talked to the owner, Dawn. It's a little off the beaten track but well worth going to if you are tired of chain restaurants. It's on Pittman Center Rd. (Rt. 416). We are part time residents in Sevierville and are always looking for good locally owned restaurants. We highly recommend this one. It's a diamond in the rough. Nothing fancy but good food.

• Visited October 2013
Omaha, Ne
“Good bar b que!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Mom n pop place with great bar b que... But get there early as they tend to run out of stuff ;) great relaxed atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating.

Sevierville, Tennessee
“Truly Exceptional Food & Service”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I are long-time locals from here in Pigeon Forge. We've eaten at all the "chain" restaurants on the Parkway many times; all of which have somehow been rated " #1 ".
Well step aside franchises; there's a new gal in town and her down-home country cookin' and hospitality take 1st Place hands down. We stumbled upon "Deep South Smokehouse" after deciding to detour off the crowded Parkway and explore the back-roads for a Mom & Pop place with home cooking and character, and boy did we find it there!
Owner/operator Dawn creates every menu item from scratch with the skill of someone who really cares about making customers happy with great food. I'm a big man with a big appetite so I ordered a full rack of ribs. When Dawn handed me the plate it was twice as heavy as I expected! The ribs were deliciously moist and tender, perfectly smoked/ seasoned, and VERY meaty --- by far the best I've ever had.... and I could only eat 1/2 of them!The jalepeno poppers --- which in most restaurants are pre-breaded and frozen --- came out looking and tasting like something catered at a posh wedding reception She actually smokes the fresh jalapenos over the fire before hand-filling them with cream cheese and then wrapping each one in bacon...yummy!!!
Long story short, Deep South Smokehouse has become our favorite restaurant in town. Dawn is just as great a hostess as she is a chef --- It is truly exceptional for both food and service!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mike C
Columbia, South Carolina
“Highly recommend!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you are more interested in GREAT FOOD than a fancy place to eat, this is the place! The BBQ is outstanding and was well worth the trip out of town. Very personal service with a smile on her face!

• Visited September 2013