“Wonderful atmosphere and loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro 109

Bistro 109
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 109 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 183 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Forks of The River Parkway/ Dolly Parton Parkway
Description: Bistro 109 in Historical DowntownBy Dustin ManningWelcome ….. It is my desire that you delight in the atmosphere, while enjoying the fresh food we prepare for you with tender care. From the time you enter off the streets of downtown, into this historical building, to the time you leave, I want you to relax, forget life’s troubles and worries; let your mind feel at ease. Truly take in and bask in the sights, sounds, scents, tastes and textures throughout. Please enjoy and drift away even for just one moment. Happiness and Blessings!
alabama
“Wonderful atmosphere and loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Several firsts for this visit all of which were delicious. Fried Goat cheese with tomato chutney, yum! Shrimp and Grits very good too. also enjoyed the strawberry blueberry salad. Probably some of the freshest food I have had at a restaurant. Our waiter Zach was very helpful and gracious. We ordered small plates so we would have room for an appetizer. Worth going.

Venice, Florida
“Perhaps an off night?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We chose Bistro 109 as an alternative to the sea of mediocre fast food and chain restaurants that dominate the area. When we arrived for dinner at 5:30 the restaurant was empty, but started to fill up soon after. The wine we ordered from the wine list was not available. We tasted two others, both were pretty bad. We settled for a pinot noir from Oregon that was OK. The server was pleasant but showed no evidence of training, had no knowledge of the wines on the list, and was generally unsure of the menu selections. We ordered two salads, a salmon and filet dishes. My wife said the salmon was old and overcooked. The accompanying vegetables were not grilled as the menu stated, and were mushy from overcooking. She did not finish. Her salad was delivered at the same time as the main course. My filet was cooked as ordered and came on an unadorned plate. I had to ask to have my salad. This restaurant has potential, given the restaurant landscape in the area, but needs some serious work.

Visited July 2013
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Very Good and they've almost got "it"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I went there to help celebrate our 10th Anniversary. I found Bistro 109 from Tripadvisor and I was looking for an actual restaurant and not the typical ultra touristy places you typically get in an area like Gatlinburg/Myrtle Beach/Branson. It is a romantic restaurant. They got that right. I would NOT feel comfortable bringing younger kids there unless they were well behaved at places like that (and I have two younger boys). We ordered the fried goat cheese app and it was very good. My wife ordered the pesto pasta and added jumbo sea scallops which made her entree $24 total (not bad). Her dinner was fine. It tasted fine but was not what I would call "nice" restaurant quality. Scallops were just cooked and were probably a little overdone. They could have been pan seared or something but were not. the pasta was good and prepared correctly but it did have a lot of dried seasonings on it which is also a little odd for a "nice" restaurant. I got the crab stuffed rainbow trout (which I think was $26-28). It was very good. It came with a side bowl of couscous (kinda weird) and was nothing special. The other side was green beans which were decent. Our service was fine but it was our waiter's second night waiting tables ever and it showed. He was a very nice young man and did the things waiters should do but probably needed a little more looking after by management (especially since they weren't that busy). We ordered a bottle of wine and he was not trained on how to serve it at all but did his best. (BTW, my wife and I don't get hung up on stuff like that and we tried/hopefully put him at ease about it). We made reservations for 7:30 on a Saturday night and I called to push it back to 8:30 and the person who answered the phone said that the last dinner seating was at 8:00 PM...on a Saturday... during the busiest month of the tourist season for that area. So, I found that to be a little odd. Also, as of mid July 2013, they are NOT doing Sunday brunch anymore. There was a sign on the door as we walked in.

nashville
“Sad to Say”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My spouse and I decided to visit based off of reviews. We were disappointed in the freshness of the food which had a direct effect on the taste. Perhaps we chose an off night and this isn't the norm. Service was good and everyone was friendly.

Indiana
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was recommended to us by a young lady at our resort.. Being that young we thought it may be more of a "bar/pub" type but drove by to see. There were people coming out and we asked their opinion, one was a local with visitors. She called it a best kept secret! How PLEASANTLY surprised we were to dine there!! a pianist played tunes from shows or any other requests, there is a "bar area" but mostly wines. It was relaxing, good food and the server was great, talked to us a bit and was friendly and did a good job too! I definitely will go back there next trip- Tell your friend you wont be disappointed. The serving sizes are not huge, but the prices are in line with that type place $$ Everything tasted fresh and hot, a great choice!.

Visited July 2013