“Absolutely wonderful!”
Review of Bistro 109

Bistro 109
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 109 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 197 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Forks of The River Parkway/ Dolly Parton Parkway
Description: Bistro 109 in Historical DowntownBy Dustin ManningWelcome ….. It is my desire that you delight in the atmosphere, while enjoying the fresh food we prepare for you with tender care. From the time you enter off the streets of downtown, into this historical building, to the time you leave, I want you to relax, forget life’s troubles and worries; let your mind feel at ease. Truly take in and bask in the sights, sounds, scents, tastes and textures throughout. Please enjoy and drift away even for just one moment. Happiness and Blessings!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We found out about Bistro109 on Groupon. We decided on a Saturday night, and made reservations for 8:00 p.m. We found easy parking on the street in front. It's located on a very quaint street near the courthouse in downtown Sevierville. When nearing the entrance, we were welcomed by good music playing on exterior speakers, and two charming small tables on the sidewalk, which looked inviting for a lunch on a warmer day...

Upon entering, we were greeted with a smile from the piano player, and absolutely beautiful decor. Our host came promptly, and we were seated immediately. Fresh ice water was poured into goblets by out waiter John, who introduced himself warmly. We chose an appetizer of fried green tomatoes, and we were left to decide from the beautiful and widely varied menu. While we waited and decided on our choice of entree', we enjoyed the piano music and atmosphere. The owners have indeed created a lovely environment for dining. Muted lighting, elegant black table linens, tasteful flowers and delicate accents truly make Bistro109 a class act.

John returned with a basket of fresh, warm rolls and a nicely sized portion of fresh dipping oil enhanced with a pesto/herb mixture. We enjoyed this and our fried green tomatoes immensely. The bread knots were delicious, as were the tomatoes. They came to us resting on a bed of field greens, topped with crumbled feta and caper berries. A swirl of flavored vinaigrette decorated the edges of the plate. Simply delicious and cooked to perfection.

We chose the ribeye with garlic & cheese mashed potatoes and green beans, and the shrimp and cheese grits as our main course. The steak was well seasoned, perfectly cooked and tender. The shrimp & cheese grits had huge jumbo shrimp surrounding the edges of the platter, which was literally filled to the edge with amazing cheese grits topped with more shredded cheese, andouille sausage pieces, bits of fresh tomato, and had a bit of a delicious broth to accent the flavors. Both dinners were presented beautifully, and were absolutely DELICIOUS.

Our waiter John was warm, personable and attentive, without over doing it. He was very genuine and made conversation easily with us for a few moments after dinner. We never wanted for anything while dining, whether it was a refill or a roll. He is definitely an asset to Bistro109, and he only added to the enjoyment of our newly found dining favorite.

Bistro109 gets a 5 stars out of 5 available from us! This is a place you'd be proud to take friends or have a business dinner. The prices and portions are excellent. If you have a smaller appetite--order the smaller portion plates. We chose the larger plates, he finished all of his and I ended up taking almost half of my shrimp & cheese grits home, but only because I was stuffed with what I'd already eaten.

Parking=Street, safe & easy accent
Portions=Excellent with choice of two sizes

1  Thank SgtPossum

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I suggested our group of 12 have dinner at this restaurant last night as I enjoyed a wonderful dinner there last year. I was very disappointed in the food this year. Three of us ordered the salmon. All three of us agreed it was the driest and most tasteless salmon we could remember having eaten. The green beans were either from a can or as overcooked as if we were in a Southern "meat-n-three" family style restaurant. The rice that came on every plate was tasteless and overcooked. And all the food was just plopped on the plates ---no plating or nice presentation as I recall from our meal last year.

On a good note, the staff were great and very courteous. The calamari appetizer was very good and my friend who had the stuffed trout said it was delicious. but as I looked around the table, I saw everyone's plate piled with a mound of the rice and green beans.

It was really odd to have the Musak playing while there was a live pianist playing. We would have enjoying getting to hear the piano but could not with the Musak competing.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We live in nearby Maryville TN. Our local paper reported that Bistro 109 is about to open up a new store in our town. After reading the TripAdvisor reviews, we were curious. This past Tuesday on our way home from a visit to Pigeon Forge, we stopped at Bistro 109 for a late lunch just to see what our future will bring. The future appears to be bright.

The menu, for a classical "bistro," indeed as others have commented, is extensive and ambitious. Prices, to us, were well in line with comparable local properties. Most appealing, was that Bistro 109 offers for most dishes, "small plate" servings. A "half portion" with one side item for a sharply reduced price.

One of my wife's restaurant tests is can they cook a decent meat loaf. She ordered a small plate with a side of mashed taters and gravy. She was served what many places would consider a full portion. It arrived hot and well-presented. She pronounced it excellent.

My test is fish and chips. It may be unfair, but my benchmark is what they serve at the Rock & Sole Plaice in London Covent Garden. I ordered a full serving with sweet potato fries. It arrived hot on an overflowing plate. Pollack that had been properly handled and lightly breaded. Tasted like fresh fish. The fries had a crispy cornstarch coating and were tender and moist inside. Also excellent.

Jennifer, our server, was friendly, personable, prompt, and attentive.

For anyone visiting Pigeon Forge/Sevierville, we would recommend giving Bistro 109 a try. Located in the old Sevierville downtown, it is not easy to find. Drive toward I-40 and head for the old Sevier County Courthouse steeple. The Bistro is located a block E at 109 Bruce St on the corner.

We have no financial or other interest in Bistro 109 other than memory of a fine lunch there.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I specifically made the trip to Sevierville, after reading glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. I just sat down this evening to write my own review and once again looked over the comments. The food as discussed on the reviews sounds great. However, during our visit, it definitely did not deserve glowing.... or even favorable comment.

We entered the restaurant and waited a few minutes before anyone came out to the bar area. A single server was on hand and she was pleasant enough. There was only 1 table of 2 in the entire restaurant. She approached us with the question "Do you have a reservation?". Honestly, with at least 20+ tables empty, was this necessary? When we left, only a smattering of other diners were seated.... not a busy evening at the Bistro. But no, we didn't have a reservation... but were seated anyway.

After reviewing the menu, with no explanation of specials or options from the server, we placed our order. I mention this because later in the evening, I overheard a fellow diner asking if they could order from the lunch menu and was told yes. Had I known this, I could have had other options.... such as a sandwich.

We began with fried green tomatoes ($8.00). Without any doubt, the worst breading (heavy-heavy) and fried in what tasted to me like very old grease.... they were swimming in old grease. I managed to pick off some of the breading and ate only the green tomato with a dollop of goat cheese. We left 2 full slices on the plate. Hoping this was a fluke, we ordered entrees. Sorry to say, things didn't get much better.

My spouse had a Caesar Salad ($5.00), that was ok. In addition ordered the Steak Diana. We were expecting a traditional Steak Diane.... there is obviously a BIG Difference from the traditional to Bistro 109's interpretation.. These few small filet slices had a cream gravy of some sort atop them. Definitely not a sauce.... just white gravy. The sides were ok. At $25.00 for the entree.... we really expected this to be good and it was not.

I chose the Triple Citrus chicken with sides of corn and fried okra. The worst news - the fried okra was from the same grease as the fried green tomatoes. So, I won't elaborate further. Just really bad....... and I LOVE fried okra. The corn, canned with somewhat of a creamy texture and a little green pepper added. The chicken was baked with A LOT of mystery spices surrounding it. It had flavor... but not really distinguishable.

We shared the Death By Chocolate.... frankly just to get the taste of the grease off our palate. Again, just OK.

I REALLY wanted to like Bistro 109. I wanted to enjoy the evening in a quaint setting in a lovely old city. The atmosphere was nice... quiet Christmas music playing and our server (Jennifer) did a fair job. But with a tab totaling > $100.00 (with wine) - we definitely can't afford to give this one a try again.

I will say that all diners around us had a Groupon - thus giving them $50.00 for the expense of $25.00. This may influence their personal reviews.... it would not have changed my opinion. This food would have been lacking if it were free. Sorry - consider yourself warned.

2  Thank hrs1117
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We came across Bistro 109 through Groupon. Great deal! The first thing I noticed was the calming, romantic decor. We were met with fine , live piano music and quickly seated. Our server Jonathan was personable, knowledeable and professional. THE FOOD! I had triple citrus chicken breast with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans. My wife had salmon with gthe same sides. This food was incredible. What a value. Food of this quality for the price we paid has proven to be one of the best deals we have gotten in a long time. we will go back and I highly recommend Bistro 109.