“Good food, good service”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 191 Restaurants in Sevierville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The number one goal of The Chop House is to provide a superior dining experience to every guest. We do this by providing guest-obsessed service and generous portions of delicious food using the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A pretty good steak and bread is so yummy! Service was excellent. We had to wait about 30 minutes but it was worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I have seen this place many times in the 12+ years we have been visiting the area but it was always so busy we would go somewhere else. We decided to have our anniversary dinner there this year. We are so glad we did! Even though there was a bit of a wait, it was worth it. The service was excellent along with every bite of food we put in our mouths. The salads were perfect, bread was hot and crusty and the filet mignons were some of the best we have ever eaten - far superior to the filet at Ruth's Chris. I highly recommend this place - but go early or be prepared to wait a while.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I have ate at the Chop House in Sevierville ( and most of the their other locations) and I can say we have never had a bad meal. My wife had the pork chop, which is one of their signature dishes,and I had the prime rib. My wife said her pork chop was wonderful and the sweet potato was excellant as well. My prime rib may have been the most tender that I have ever had. The service was excellent. After a hard day of shopping dinner at the Chop House is always a great way to end the day.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stopped for lunch, without looking at reviews. Glad we did, since some aren't the greatest... We had a great experience! We had the best waiter ever! He was extremely friendly, and while busy with other tables too he was very attentive! I think he may have been the best at any place I've eaten, anywhere! He kept offering us more bread(which was good too) and kept our glasses full! At the end, even though we only had water, he offered us a to go drink! Best service ever! Great food too!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We had a less than enjoyable experience at the Chop House during our last trip to Gatlinburg a couple years ago The food was good but there were serious flaws in the service, beginning with the two goofballs manning the greeting station who were way too involved with amusing each other to pay any attention to guests, to the harried, overworked lone waitress who was also tasked with tending bar Management was nowhere to be found. This time was much improved. We were greeted warmly by a cheerful Asian lady who was also our server. She was a delight and made sure we had everything we needed during our meal. We both had the 12 oz. cut of prime rib with salad and baked potato. The thick slab of rib was a perfect medium rare, tender and flavorful and appeared larger than advertised. At $22 per meal it wasn't cheap but a fair price considering the quality and several dollars less than steakhouses in Gatlinburg. We even had enough left over for a light meal the next day so for us it was a good deal. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke but the Chophouse seems to have tightened up on their service; a manager actually seemed to be involved this time, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.