“Food good.....what little they had!”
Review of Elvira's Cafe

Elvira's Cafe
Ranked #12 of 199 Restaurants in Sevierville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Elvira's Cafe is an escape from mundane. Delicious homemade food prepared with love by real people who love what they do and care for each other.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

out of everything. no tea of anykind no ranch dressing and my medium burger was mooing. food was good if i had gotten evrything i ordered. If you were closing up and serving you need to keep it prepared. We were told thy were out of tea and then watched a waitress pour a pitcher down the drain.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family stopped at Elvira’s for breakfast. The restaurant prides itself on homemade food and has a fairly standard southern breakfast menu.

I ordered a breakfast with scrambled eggs, grits, and a biscuit. The eggs and biscuit were very good. The grits, which were advertised as stone ground, were very coarse--shall I say, “gritty”. Now, they weren’t bad, but they were certainly different from the norm.

My daughter did not finish her pancakes and, upon tasting them, I realized what I should have ordered for breakfast. The pancakes were extremely tasty!

The service was friendly, albeit a bit slow. Still, that did not detract from a good meal in Wear’s Valley.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is just a small place, but very friendly. The food is all homemade, biscuits and gravy, pancakes etc. While we were there they lady that brings pies came in with wonderful looking cream pies. Can't to go back for those. Limited hours of operation 7-2:30 and just started serving dinner on Friday and Saturday nights.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have eaten at Elvira's for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Every meal was just like eating at home with my family. From the first time my family & I walked through the door, everyone was welcoming and very friendly. All of our meals were prepared very well and with very fresh ingredients. They even made special meals for our son who eats gluten free!! Wish we didn't live 6 hours away but we will be back next month! Can't wait to see everyone again!!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have eaten at Elvira's three different times and received the same slow service and cold food all three times. First time it took over an hour for us to get our breakfast (there were only two of us) and then the potatoes were frozen still. Obviously no fresh produce here. Next time we went and met with friends, we sat at our table for 15 minutes and finally had to flag down the owner to get some service. Once again, 1 hr. and 20 mins. for food to arrive and it all arrived at different times. Had to beg for refills and chase down our server for our bill. Next time we went the wait time for our breakfast was only 40 mins. might have had something to do with the fact their were only 4 other customers. Asked why the long wait and was informed they only have one griddle, one fryer and four pans for their crepes. Food is average. Owner (Elvira) is great, I think the wait staff is just too busy hanging out with each other to care about customers.