“This was really neat!”

Foxfire Mountain Swinging Bridge
Ranked #17 of 93 things to do in Sevierville
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the longest swinging bridge in the United States and hike along Prosperity Mountain to beautiful Lost Mine Falls. The hour self guided tour begins at base camp at Foxfire Mountain then crosses 70 feet above Little Pigeon River on the 350' swinging bridge to Prosperity Mountain where you may hang your wish,(wishing strips provided, to blow in the winds of Prosperity Mountain.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It was a little cold and rainy when we visited but it was very neat to see and walk across the bridge. They offer other activities, such as zip lining. I definitely want to visit in the summer.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"trees"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2014

the bridge is longer then the one at fall creek falls and has a rock cairn at the end and the beginning of a trail and will come back to do the trail nice end to ziplining

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I chose to walk their swinging bridge and nature trail, we paid $14.95 each which we thought was a little expensive for what it was. The place is under construction, so not "completed" yet and maybe when it's finished it will be better, I don't know. We chose not to zip line as it would have been another $70/person to do that. The bridge was fun to walk on, and the canopy tour bridge system was fun to walk on as well (after you crossed the main bridge). The walk to the falls was uphill so we got pretty tired, and I was a little nervous coming back down as I was afraid of losing my footing as it was quite narrow in spots. Going up I hadn't noticed that so much, but I did coming down. I should have had a walking stick like my husband. They have a container of them for people to use right at the beginning of the trail. There was another trail to go down by the river, but we didn't do that one. There are some other buildings including a small museum, a restaurant (not open, off season I guess), gift shop, etc. and the bathrooms are "outhouses" but modern. Like I said, it was enjoyable (we enjoyed seeing the zip liners overhead as we walked) but a little on the expensive side.

2  Thank Chattyaholic
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Walked all the way through the woods to get to a waterfall that does not exist. The people running the place did not tell us anything about the waterfall not having any water. Had to walk through manure to get to the front door. Wasted money and time to see a bridge.

4  Thank Mh040
See more reviews
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Not hard to find with a GPS. When pulling in first impression is everything looks unfinished, half done, homemade, ect....the place is under construction. Didn't know where to park, didn't know where the entrance was with all the construction. Arrived at 3, saw online they were open til 630 but when we came in to the main office/lobby was greeted but told they closed in less than an hour. So we only did the bridge. The bridge was nice but the grounds are someone's actual house and property. I think there is potential here but its just not ready in my personal opinion. Walkways are not secure in spots, stepping stones were loose and unfinished in spots. We didn't make it to the waterfall since we felt rushed so I can't speak of it, but we were told it was a 30 minute hike from the bridge and it was steep in spots. I can't recommend the place yet but maybe in a year or two may come back and see if its more of a finished, professional attraction and not so unfinished, half done attraction.

2  Thank klay36