“A lot of fun! ”

89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A lot of fun! ”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I bought groupons to go here and was a little skeptical because of other reviews, I am glad I did not listen!! There was so much to see and do. Loved the show. Would recommend to others.

3 Thank Nightstar22

Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Poor animals”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

For people reading the older reviews, many of those animals, including the kangaroo, are no longer at the zoo. The outdoor bird "sanctuary" is more of a giant cage where birds are flying over your head pooping on everything in sight. The goats were the only enjoyable part of this "zoo" for us, as the other animals were so pitiful looking we were heartbroken for them. They do have many interesting animals, but their cages are often smaller than an aquarium you could have in your own home, and the water was all terribly dirty and old, and even the poor monkeys looked depressed. They had nowhere to move around and just sat there in their tiny cage. I would recommend going to a local petting zoo or the real Knoxville Zoo, because these poor animals were not in the best living conditions and it was quite sad. We saw everything there was to see and spent quite a while with the goats outside, and were still done in one hour.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank KAJ25888
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Small zoo but the little one enjoyed it.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We got our tickets through groupon at a good discount. It does smell like a zoo or pet store but I didn't find it over bearing and it is stroller friendly. We showed up right at opening and it wasn't super busy as we were the only customers there until we were getting ready to leave. It isn't flashy inside and has simple exhibits. So if you are looking for flashy you will probably be disappointed. My 3 year old loved the exhibits of the animals and critters, and I have to say they did have a different variety of "lizards" then what I am use to seeing. They had a few variety of parrots inside that would "chat" with you. It is a self guided tour that you can take your time at looking at things. They had an outside exhibit of goats, llamas, and chickens. There was a goat we was warned about that might be outside the fence but told not to be concerned that he wouldn't hurt us. We did find the goat outside and he tended to follow our 3 year old around but it wasn't bothersome and the 3 year old loved it.They didn't have any programs talking about the animals while we were there. Overall I thought it was decent for the price we paid and is different then your normal attractions there.

1 Thank Lilywhitecloud
Beavercreek, Ohio
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Small indoor zoo....animal rescue”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Thank God for Groupon coupons....made the adventure cheaper. The animals are well taken care of and there was a decent amount of animal variety. The lemurs and monkeys were my kids highlight of the trip. The outside area was pretty dirty...poop all over the walkway. After about an hour...the smell got the best of us. I think i heard the staff say at least three times they take unwanted pets or animal control ones. hence you will see some local pet store animals/lizards. If you need to kill some time ...it isn't bad. Just set expectations low and you will like it.

2 Thank mehuman
Knoxville, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“fun animal show and neat place”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We went for about 2 hours on Saturday. The animals are well taken care of and there many different types of animals. There is a "feed the goats/sheep/llamas" area that kids love. The outdoor bird aviary was neat too. We really enjoyed the macaw & cockatoo area inside too. Loved hearing the birds talk. They said "I love you" "pretty bird" "hello" and whistle. I am sure they said other things too, but that's all we could hear.

The highlight of the trip was the animal show. I am pretty sure his name is "Jungle Jim" and he did a GREAT job entertaining the crowd (both kids & adults were lauging) with the animals and a few magic tricks and pretty funny jokes. Call 1st to see what time the shows are and plan your trip around it. I think it was about 45 minutes in length and like I said, definitely was our favorite part of the 2+ hours or so we were there.

The gift shop is nice too. Clean & reasonably priced with a good selection of souvenirs/gifts.

5 Thank carebear0173