“not so great”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“not so great”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

While it lokked like it would be pretty neat its jsut so-so. It was in the 70's outside but HIT and humid inside making us a little dizzy and very uncomfortable..also smelled a bit...i can't imagine if it were crowded since there were only just a ndful of popel at the tiem we were inside. The outside animals were quite dirty as well and we didn't realy understand the groupings of some of the animals together. There were LOTS of snakes/lizards etc mostly with a few other animals. Nothing very exciting that's for sure. while it wasn't super expensive we didn't feel it was worth the money (other then we know they have to feed the animlas etc) Be sure to find a coupon at least. The monkeys were very fiesty and acting up so that was a bit entertaining watching them for about 15 minutes since that was the most exciting thing going on..thankfully they were not asleep..lol

Orange Beach, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A nice, clean attraction in a sea of over priced ones! Absolutely love ths place and I WILL be back again and again! A must see. Very educational as well. Loved the staff and even got to pet some animals!!

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Cyndi J
Plano, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I visit zoos and animal attractions all over the country. This place is great. I dont know what people are thinking when they say it isn't clean. You walk into the cleanest and one of the nicest gift shops I have ever seen. After a long drive.. the restroom was my next stop. The restroom was fantastic. I have a 4 and 2 year old normally I am panicking at the thought of them stepping into a public restroom. Not this one it was clean and smelled fresh. As an animal lover the cages were big.. natural living quarters... even a few water falls! Monkeys, birds, lizards, exotic cats, a few snakes, petting zoo, porcupine, kangaroo, bird aviary and much more. Way too much to type about. The staff was informative and the animal show was awesome. Most important my kids loved it and they were mesmerized for a couple of hours. Second my wife and I had a good time too. If you visit the area this is a must see... add it to your list.

6 Thank Eric t
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Sad little zoo”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The size of the enclosures for the animals were very small given the types of animals inhabiting them. And the enclosures were a bit on the dirty side; dirty glass on the inside exhibits, poor drainage for the outside exhibits, etc. The ferret "habitat" had dusty cobwebs in it. I felt sorry for the animals.

Buffalo, MO
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun for kids”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My daughter enjoyed going around to see the different animals. In particular she liked the parrots. For the price however, I expected to be Wow'ed a bit more.