“Gross!”

Resort at Governor's Crossing
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Everything seemed to be okay but in the middle of the night I pulled the vellux blanket up near my face and felt something scratchy. Got up and turned on the light and there was a dried light colored stain on the blanket!! I called the front desk and let them know what had happened and that we would not be staying the 2nd night I had reserved there. They said it would depend on whether I had booked this at a special rate!

I was able to get the 2nd night off my credit card. However, I had expected management to contact me regarding what happened but I never heard anything. I definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
10  Thank SouthernLady00
THeResort, Internet marketing at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2011

We apologize for this unfortunate instance. Our blankets and coverlets are laundered on a scheduled basis unless we find them to need cleaning immediately. If unscheduled cleaning is required a backup is to be placed in the unit by our housekeeping staff, unfortunately the housekeeper missed this soiled blanket.
The manager and his assistant diligently attempt to respond to all guest inquires whether in house or after the guest has departed. When a guest has checked out we attempt to contact them by phone, email or both depending on the guest’s preference. On occasion we are unable to contact the guest due to either an incorrect phone number or email address. Responding to our guests concerns is something that we take great pride in.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed December 5, 2010

We enjoyed excellent service from every staff member. The room was lovely, immaculate, and welcoming. The location & amenities are first-rate. I will recommend this to friends and family!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ezra_2010
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Great price through "make an offer" link on the resorts website. The one bedroom condo was very clean, very attractive, and plenty of space for a family of 4. The kitchen had a full sized refigerator, stove, and microwave. i really liked having a washer and dryer in the unit so we could pack to go home with clean laundry and not have a bunch to do when getting back home. The kids really enjoyed the waterpark. It's not fancy but has a couple of waterslides and no long lines. The outdoor pool and lazy river were still heated so the first day the kids were able to play in them also.

Negatives: Towels are terrible! Resort charges a fee for in-room safe but our room did not have one---removed the charge when we asked about it, not many cooking utensils so be aware if you planning on dining in some. The bed wasn't very comfortable to us but our own bed always fits us better.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My family stayed in a 1 bedroom condo here and it was very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nice. My children ages 1,3,6, and 10 all loved the water park. The location of the hotel was great. My husband took the free zipline tour that you get for staying at this resort and he really enjoyed it. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Very clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly staff. Plenty of room for my elderly parents to have their own bedroom/bathroom and my sister and I had our own space. Very nice pool/lazy river. Nice indoor pool/water slides. Would be great for kids. Conveniently located in Sevierville. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We were attending a family wedding and stayed for 3 days and nights. The front desk was extremely helpful in helping us locate places of interest, gave us maps and drew routes on them! The housekeepers were very polite, quiet and did an excellent job of cleaning. We always had plenty of fresh towels and even some extra coffee packets to start our mornings. The furniture was new, attractive and comfortable.
Our rooms included a kitchen (squeeky clean!) with a dishwasher, living/dining room with a gas fireplace, a spacious bathroom and huge bedroom with 2 queen beds. Our rooms had our own furnished balcony accessable via the living room and the bedroom. The view was of the Smoky Mountains and the picturesque lights of the town at night. All linens, plates, silverware, cooking pots and pans, etc. were included.
The Resort has an indoor and outdoor water park included in the price. We thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful weather by lounging by the pool and waterslides. There is an inclosed kiddee pool for families with small children. Everyone of all ages enjoyed the Lazy River which winds through the water park.
This was our first time to Sevierville, TN. We were amazed at all the attractions available in this location. There were outlet malls, musicals, Nascar, aquariums, hiking in the mountains, zip lines and more!
We loved the condo lifestyle with the ability to cook a few meals if we chose, but having the housekeeping service was wonderful. It was the best of both worlds. There was nothing negative about our stay and we plan on returning again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane_Spencer_IA
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed with our 2 grandchildren on a 3 day weekend. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Their water park is amazing, the kids loved it. (we did too!!) I was so very satisfied with everything there. We will definately go back and I recommend it to anyone who wants a clean, comfortable and fun stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Clarion Inn Willow River
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 92 in Pigeon Forge
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!