“Poor housekeeping”

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Poor housekeeping”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

At first glance awesome, especially for the price. Look closer. Dirty, dusty and left over trash from the previous guest. Dust sent my kid into an asthma attack. I realize it was considered a condo but I expected them to at least throw the beds together.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank lelnewkirk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Kentucky
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We have stayed at the resort several times before but NO MORE. I didn't complain when I checked out (2 nights early) because there were other people in the lobby. But, we will not be choosing this place again. We had a 3 bedroom suite. The rooms were not clean at all. The bathroom didn't look like they had been cleaned in weeks. There was only 1 DVD in the unit (didn't work properly). No CD players as stated in the AD. The towels would actually scratch you when you dried with them. Although, we usually stay here 2-3 times a year - we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank Mamaw812
Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights during the first week of July with a friend. Booked a studio room through their website and named our own price of $88. Nice place with plenty of parking and nice pools. 2 indoor waterslides and an outdoor river was the highlight of this place. The room had a nice view of the pools and had a nice kitchen complete with oven, toaster, microwave, dishwasher. A downfall was there was no remote for the tv and it was pretty small. When we called to request one they didnt offer to bring us one, but wanted us to walk down 3 floors and to the opposite building (there was 2 buildings which are connected by the pool) . The front desk staff was also not very friendly. When we were checking in, the lady took a call from a guest and when she hung up she called them idiots in front of us, which wasnt very professional. There wasnt any on site dining and the vending machines werent well stocked at all.

The location was great, close to lots of resturants and a walmart!! :)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
kentucky
Reviewed June 26, 2009

This year we decided to stay at the resort. After reading all the reviews I had my doubts. But the condo we were in was very clean and checking in was easy. We stayed in a two bedroom condo with teenagers and they enjoyed the rooms and much as we did. I am always looking for a nice clean place to stay when we visit pigeon Forge and I found it. I was impressed with it. The pools were also very clean and they had plenty of towels at the pool areas. I would recommend this to friends and family and will probably go back and stay again soon. Thanks for a great stay.

1 Thank doggydolittle
Cincinnati Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We have been to the Smokys a few times in the past 5 years and have rented a cabin each time. Since our kids are a little older (8 & 10) and love the water, we decided to try a waterpark type property as this was something they missed at our cabin last year. We chose Resort @ Governors due to it being outside the main tourist area and the pricing and being a condo property w/full kitchen. Knowing how expensive things can be in the area, having a full kitchen saved us a BUNCH on food.
The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I was impressed that after checking in, on the way back to the room after unloading the car, the lady that had just checked me in asked "How is your room sir?" This is a little thing but something you do not often get. The indoor and outdoor waterparks are just right I felt. We were thinking of booking the "bigger" waterpark in the area, which was more expensive, but would have felt committed to spending most of our time there to get our moneys worth. The price here allowed us to take a side trip to the Biltmore in Asheville (wonderful, by the way) as well as spend a day sightseeing and another doing the Aquarium, mini-golf, etc. I doubt we would have dome some of these if we were "tied" to a large waterpark. Our kids had 2 -3 hours a day in the water and that was perfect. Our daughter rode the waterslides constantly! There is an attendant in the indoor pool area to make sure everyone goes down the slides safely. They also were attentive and talked to the kids - Again, very friendly. The outdoor pool is great as well. Split into 4 sections - main pool, lazy river, hottub, and kiddie area. The main pool is very large and goes to 5 ft deep which is great when you have kids. Towels are provided, which is great. The kitchen is wonderful with tiled floors and nice appliances. Definately higher end than this price point would suggest.
Overall, 5 Stars to a wonderful resort and a great value - maybe one of the best values in the area.
Just remember, this is more of a condo than a hotel. Do not expect room service every day. Just towels being refreshed and trash cans emptied. If you are not aware of this, it could lower your satisfaction.

1 Thank horseman1966
New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I just got back from staying at The Resort at Governor's Crossing and we had a great time. I was traveling with two 14 year old boys who can be hard to please. Not on this trip. They had a great time. From the internet access, a must for any teenager, to the game room and the great pool. Our room was very clean and the staff very friendly. If I needed anything (a few extra spoons) they were at my door in minutes. The resort is off the main highway which was fantastic because we were close to everything, Dollywood was just 5 minutes away, but the resort sits off the main highway and was very quite while sitting on the balcony. Too boot I paid just over $100.00 for a double queen with full kitchen and living room. To my surprise it also had a washer/dryer in the room! It was great and I will definately be going back.

SC
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My wife and I have been visiting the Pigeon Forge area at least twice a year since our honeymoon in Gatlinburg in 1994. With the addition of our third child, we wanted to get back to Pigeon Forge before my wife had to return from maternity leave. This was by far our best experience in the 15 years we have been coming to the Pigeon Forge area. The room was clean with updated appliances. The fully equipped kitchen allowed us to save money on food and enjoy more time together. The kids loved the indoor and outdoor pool, and having a washer and dryer in the room allowed us to clean and repack our clothes during our stay rather than spending two days catching up on washing when we got home. I usually don't take time to write a review, but the Resort at Governor's Crossing deserves a few minutes of my time!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pigeon Forge - Sevierville
#5 of 91 in Pigeon Forge
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 91 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!