“Customer Service”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Customer Service”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I took a short trip to the Smokies to make yet another memory while we still can. She has brain cancer. We chose the Resort because of location and proximity to shows, restaurants, and shopping. The fact that the room had a balcony didn't hurt either. We have been to Sevierville on other occasions and knew that the sunrises and sunsets in the mountians are worth being awake for. The first morning my wife was up early and found the view for a sunrise was obstructed by trees. Since one of the very reasons for going was to experiance these spectacular creations of God, my wife gently made her feelings known to the staff at the front desk. The four of them listened to her:Sally, Kathy O, Kim, and Kathy B.
After searching thier computer for rooms available for a few minutes and several taps on the keyboard, they handed her the keycard to a room on yet a higher floor on the opposite side of the building, where the views of both the sunrise AND sunset could be observed as if in a front row seat. All this was done with a friendly spirit and without knowledge of my wifes condition. These gals are the very reason we'll return to the Resort for another stay, if time permits. Thank you Sally,Kim, Kathy O, and Kathy B.

Room Tip: Ask ahead for a room with a view of either the sunrise or sunset.
Green Features: The Resort believes in "going green". We especially liked the recycled tire mulch.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
We are glad to hear how our clerks Kathy O., Kathy B., Kim, and Sally helped to make memories that you can keep with you even through the hardest of times. It is nice to hear how your stay has left a great impression on your lives. The sunrises and sunsets are some of the best around and as you experienced, some of our rooms provide you with those beautiful sights. Our thoughts and hopes are with you and your wife and we look forward to the both of you to return and continue to make the best of memories. Thank you as always for taking the time to remind us how even the smallest of things can make the biggest impressions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

we stayed at the resort at governors crossing from may 9-12 and loved every minute of it. check in was great we arrived around 3pm and our room was ready. We were in the back building with a pool view but you also get a view of the city and the mnts too. Our room was nice, a little bit different layout then what we were use to in the other building but we ended up liking this room even more then the other ones. The room had new carpet in it that was actually nice soft carpet. room was clean and great size for our family. We loved the balcony and spent a lot of time on it watching the city lights and the pools. We loved watching the log roll. The beds were great probably some of the best ones that ive ever found in a hotel, we all slept like babies and woke up the next morning ready to go. The pools were nice and clean and very warm. Check out was great and Kathy was so sweet. Cant wait to return!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
It is great to hear how grand your stay was with us at The Resort. Our goal is to insure that all of our guest have a pleasant stay and that we go above all expectations. We are glad that you like our new carpeting in the rooms. It is wonderful to hear that you found the beds to be super comfy and that everyone had a great night’s sleep. Our clerk Kathy does her best, as does all of our friendly staff here, to make sure that everyone’s needs are met. We do thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you had a splendid Mother’s Day and birthday vacation and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had purchased this very reasonably on Groupon and were so pleasantly surprised! The room was newly refinished and very large. A full kitchen, dishwasher and all. Nice eating area, large living room, huge balcony, large bedroom and bathroom. Clean and well cared for. The grounds are well manicured and we enjoyed using the "min" golf - very mini - 9 holes. The playground was great to have so nearby and we made great use of the pools both indoor and out. The staff were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. The location was great, right off the parkway, right across the street to get groceries at Walmart. It was far enough off the parkway to be peaceful, but close to all of the attractions. The only snag was check in - we waited about 45 minutes in line to check in. Everyone was friendly through the process - they even served popcorn, but after a 9 hour drive we just wanted to relax in our room. I would surely stay here again and recommend it to others!

Room Tip: This is a HUGE complex. We stayed in building 10 - close to pool, playground, and check in area.
Winston Salem
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed at the Resort from 5-4-14 to 5-10-14. Check in went well. We arrived at 7 PM. Staff was friendly. We got in the room and I noticed there was no decor such as pictures or anything on the wall in the living area and bathroom. I could also smell somewhat of a chemical-type smell. I made mention to my husband that it looked like new carpet. In the living area there was a sofa and a pink side chair that was in need of some TLC. (See photo below) We went to dinner, came back and put our boys to bed. I noticed above the bed a nice coating of dust. (See photo) In the bathroom the bath mat they left for us to step out on had a hole in it. (see photo) I called the front desk to address my concerns and they told me they had just painted and put new carpet down. I am all for updating, but they forgot one thing...the cleanup after the carpet was put down. I also checked the living room walls, appliances and wood furniture and nothing had been dusted off after the old carpet was replaced. That morning housekeeping came in and apologized. They cleaned the walls behind the beds and gave us a new bath mat. That evening and the next day my son and I both scratched at our eyes, sneezed and coughed. By that night my son's eyes where swollen and red. He has severe dust mite allergies just to name one of many. On our way to dinner that evening I stopped in at the front desk with my son to show them what the dust had done to him. They told us to stop back by the desk when we came back from dinner and they would have us a new room. I requested a room that had not yet had the carpet removed. They were able to put us in a new room and at 11 PM that night I had finished moving all of our belongings 3 floors down. The rest of the stay went well except for the toilet which moved when you sat on it and leaked onto the floor. The elevators could also be a bit faster.

The Positives:

The staff was friendly and was able to put us in a room that worked for us. My two boys loved the water park and the playground area. The location was also a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank hhuffman27
THeResort, Public Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
We sincerely apologize that the room was not up to our usual standards. We routinely inspect the rooms before the guest arrive and are so sorry that obviously your room got missed somehow. We are in the process of doing some major updates, and apologize for inconveniences that it may have caused. Please know for any future stays, that anytime a guest has a problem or concern, we are very happy to try to fix that problem immediately. We are pleased that the staff did apologize for the mistake and give you another room as soon as they were notified of your allergies and concerns. Thanks for staying at the Resort at Governors Crossing.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We visited the resort a couple of weeks ago and had the best time upon arrival we were checked in by Pamela she was very nice smiled the whole time after checking in got to the room very nice the boys loved the indoor water park. Everyone was so nice and friendly every time you walk by the office you are greeted a wonderful place to stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to hear how pleasant your stay was from check-in to check-out. Pamela takes pride in her job and does everything she can to make our guests feel welcomed and right at home. We are happy to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our indoor pool area. Next time you visit with us, we hope you get the chance to also enjoy our other amenities such as the miniature putt putt course and the outdoor pool area. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Great Smoky Mountain area.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Place was nice until one of the staff stole some things out of our room. The Assistant manager said, “That does not happen here we get back ground checks on everybody. Go home and check all your things and call us if you do not find it.” So I did. I did call back to inform them the items were not to be found in the luggage. After calling and getting voice mail and leaving messages. NO CALL BACK. After two weeks I call again ask to speak to the manager and I get they are in a meeting. This is when I finally get a call back from the assistant manager not the manager. WOW And He tells me, “That he was not shown how to get messages from voice mail box.” Note: All of my children know how to get voice mail. This is a customer service job and you do not know how to get your messages? This person was informed before we checked out that we had a problem and he would not file a police report before we checked out. No respect for customers and no surveillance camera for the safety of your family. Manager worry about check not the customer.

2 Thank Ron J
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you have encountered and certainly apologize that we did not meet your expectation. We certainly are sorry that somehow even though the manager and the assistant manager offered to call the police for you on two different occasions before you left the property that somehow the message was not communicated effectively to you. Since this has never happened before without either the guest or us finding the items, we will try to communicate more effectively next time. Also just for your information, there is a safe provided in the room where valuables can be placed. Again, please accept our apology and know that we are continuing to search for your lost items. Guest Relations Manager
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Terrible...just terrible. The room was okay. But where do I start? First, they ripped off the Do Not disturb sign while we were gone and came on in anyway and threw it in the floor. Then, we accidentally left my husband's cell phone in the room and we were almost home 3 hours away before realizing it. Someone had gotten on in his facebook from his phone and sent dirty, filthy messages to random people. I called management...who did nothing. Then they used a private company to mail it back to us and actually charged us $17 to send it by regular mail and took a week it get it back to us. They made more money off us after everything that happened. This was supposed to be our honeymoon and everything was wonderful, BUT THIS HOTEL. Someone had obviously charged the phone and used it too. We can track it on the find my iphone app. My mother always stays here and spent a ton of money for us to have a good little honeymoon. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. In fact, I plan on calling corporate and rating them on every hotel/trip adviser possible. They didn't care how we were treated. And they actually went through my husband's personal cell phone. Our privacy was completely violated and I'm extremely upset about this. You can also hear every step that people in other rooms take...but that was the least of our worries.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kaseykahne42
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
As the Guest Relations Manager for the Resort, first and foremost I want to apologize for any unfortunate circumstances that you may have had. The entire staff, however, greatly sympathizes and is so sorry that this incident happened. When you reported to management that the phone had been left behind, the Resort management immediately sent housekeeping to the room to see if it could be found. Housekeeping found the phone and returned it to the office. And yes, you did call and complain that someone was misusing the phone. Then, if you remember, management asked if they could investigate the phone to see if they could identify any misuse by a staff member. However, as you remember the phone was in a "password protected mode". Then management asked if you wanted to give them the code so that they could investigate it. However, that decision was declined by you as you did not want to give out the password which was perfectly fine and understandable. So since it was locked, I am confused as to how the phone could have been used by Resort staff. Do you think that your phone could have been hacked? We do use a professional company for packing and shipping, as do most hotels in the area, so the merchandise is packed and shipped properly. The expenses are COD from the shipping company-not us. Again, The entire staff wants to apologize and as one can see, this is the first time this has ever happened.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Clarion Inn Willow River
The Inn On The River
The Inn On The River
#2 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,126 reviews

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!