“Great family fun”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Great family fun”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I took our two daughters and four of our grandchildren to the resort. Everyone had a great time. Our suite was very well equipped with everything we needed. It was also very clean and everyone there was very nice and helpful. Sally went out of her way to see that we had all that we needed. The children want to go back soon and I'm sure we will be returning on future visits. Had a great time and would refer friends to stay here for a fun family vacation. Look forward to a return visit. Our room was right next to the indoor waterpark which was wonderful with four children that didn't want to get out of the water. We loved our trip. Great family memories.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
THeResort, Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for the review, “Great Family Fun” is what we are all about here at The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. Sally was super excited when she saw her name mentioned is such a great way as she is always working to ensure each and every guest has all they need. Thank you again for the feedback and we can not wait to see you again on your next waterpark vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Cornettsville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great place to stay in winter if you have children. Indoor pools with tube water slides for larger kids and large kiddy pool for toddlers. Lifeguards are on duty also. Indoor corridors for pool access.

Room Tip: studio rooms do not have balconies
Green Features: like that they use rubber mulch made from old tires on their flowerbeds.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lilleatherwood
Thank you for noticing our environment of year round fun here at The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. With our great location near the malls and easy access to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg to our indoor waterpark facilities we hope to make any season of the year one worth visiting. Thank you again for the review and we can not wait to see you again on your next visit to the Sevierville Pigeon Forge area.
west virginia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We make a few trips yearly to the smokey mountains and have tried a few places including the wilderness since we travel with with 3 kids ranging from four up to eleven. Me and my wife wanted someplace that was not centered around a water park and had a nicer room where we could relax some between trips out to shows and activities. I still wanted a place that had a indoor pool so the kids would have some place to burn off some energy since we have three boys. We also wanted a fireplace even if it was gas. We had a penthouse room with two bedrooms and a fireplace. The room was very clean and not run down like most places. The room had been either recently painted or is just always kept very clean and paint touched up. The floors were all very clean. The kitchen was well stocked with plates and silverware. After we had time to get in the room and check it out our phone rang and the front desk was just making sure that everything was ok with the room. This floored me and my wife and did not really know what to think other than GREAT job staff of the resort for the personal touch. I am not sure why others are complaining about the stink bugs because we have them ten times worse at home than I saw everywhere here. If you come from some place that does not have them then they are just a part of that area and it should not be held against the facility. We are very picky about staying places due to the cleanliness of the rooms and facility and this place was perfect. The staff that I dealt with were all very friendly and very helpful. We did not have to ask them for anything since we are very familiar with the area already but very good at check in and check out. We knew after the second day that we had found our new place to start staying each trip down. The beds were all very comfortable and everyone slept great. This place is perfectly placed and very easy to get to all the activities and shows. It was decorated very nicely for Christmas. We will be going back down in a few months and already know where we are staying we do not even have to think about it. I highly recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a very clean room with allot to offer. We cant wait to get back down there and stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the facility have very nice views of the woods while sitting by the gas fi...
1 Thank MUFAN99
Thank you for the great review. The team here at The Resort at Governor’s Crossing are glad to know that you have found a new home in the Smokies. Feedback such as yours are a great inspiration for us as it lets us know that our effort is being noticed. From the time you make your reservation till the moment you check out, we want to ensure nothing less than a great resort experience. Thank you again for the great review and we can not wait till you get back down here on your next vacation.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I read a lot of reviews before my family of 4 decided to try it out. The location is great. The room size was great. Used all the kitchen appliances to warm up all the Thanksgiving food we brought with us. The refrigerator a little noisy and the kitchen had only one butter knife.
1 I had read a previous review where a couple had checked in and returned later and found someone else in there room. Well, the same thing happened to us. We walked in with all our luggage,dinner and coolers and low and behold the beds were not made and luggage was all over the place. Thank goodness no one was coming out of the shower. I went back to the desk and luckily they had another room. BUT we worried all week about someone walking in on us or coming in later and robbing us blind.
2 Another problem was when we got there we could not find one of their two (2) luggage carriers. My self, wife and two kids had to make several trips to the fourth floor carrying our things up. Thought out the week I never saw more than two buggies. When I checked out, I went down stairs at 4 AM and there was no buggies. I went to all floor's in our building and even walked in the 27 degree temperature to the other building and come not fine any buggies. Well, here I go again on carrying luggage. I was also over an hour later getting on the highway.
3 There is a second door to the hotel on the north end that operates with your room key. Well, it did not work the first day I was there ( Carrying my luggage up.). I told the desk and they knew there was problems with it. So I could leave through that door but could not come in. It was about 200 feet closer than going through the lobby. Well, when I could not come in it the day I left I had to use a big rock, that had been placed there all week, to hold the door open while I made my 5 trips down the stairs at 20 degrees to load my car.
Poor check in. We verified our reservation before we left home and two hours from arriving and still had problems. There were two other couples having check in problems while we were there. One even had to call around for somewhere else to stay. They did not have the two bedroom room available when they got there.
It is too bad I had these problems. Again the location is Great for Dixie Stampede and Dollywood and across from Wallmart.

Room Tip: One bed room was fine. Couch converts for bed and when being used there is still of room to get arou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback as it helps us know what we are doing right and what areas we can improve. The team here at The Resort at Governor’s Crossing are very disappointed that your stay was not held to our high standards of safety and convenience. We truly apologize for the issues and inconvenience you encountered and are doing additional training to better our service. As you can tell from our other reviews, our team loves what they do and take pride in making sure our guests have an enjoyable visit with us. Again, we apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you. We hope that you and your family have a very Happy Holiday Season!
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our penthouse suite with fireplace was clean, appointed properly and large enough for our group of children to spread out. We made use of the facility's indoor water park on 2 occasions during our 3 night stay. The children had a ball! We also utilized the fitness room. The location is close to Walmart, Tangers Outlet, and Hillside Winery. Being right off the strip to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg also made it ideal for our trips up and down the mountain to Pittman High School's annual Turkey Bowl. Overall, our experience was great and we will be back!

Room Tip: Penthouse floor was quiet and provided a great view of the pool, mini golf, and other shops in site.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. The team here at The Resort at Governor’s Crossing love to hear feedback such as this. Being a waterpark resort it is great to know that your family had a wonderful time. Our location is also great for holiday shopping as we are near the Tanger Outlet Mall, Walmart, as well as easy access to Gatlinburg through Veteran’s Boulevard. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to the Smoky Mountains. Wishing you a very Happy Holiday Season!
Salt Rock, West Virginia
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The Resort at Governors Crossing far exceeded my expectations. I made reservations without knowing the layout of the area, and I can honestly say I couldn't have chosen a better location. The resort is easily accessible and conveniently located right down the road from Walmart. This was a huge thing for us because with three children it seems like someone always needs something...upon entry into the resort, we were greeted with friendly smiles and given a tote bag filled with coupons and other goodies. One coupon was good for a free adult admission to any ripleys attraction, which saved us around $28...the condo we stayed in was quite spacious and very well maintained. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the cutlery, dishes, pots and pans one would need. The oven was very clean, as were the refrigerator/freezer, and microwave...the kids absolutely loved the indoor waterpark, esp the slides. The nice thing was the lazy river and the hot tub located in the outdoor park were heated, and open for use as well. Both areas were extremely clean and the water was crystal clear. No heavy smell of chlorine either, which was nice... Would definitely recommend The Resort at Governors Crossing to anyone planning on visiting the gatlinburg/ pigeon forge area. Excellent location, helpful friendly staff, clean spacious well kept condos...couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kerri F
Thank you for the great review and we are all glad to know that our friendly staff along with our location and waterpark helped make for a memorable vacation to the Smoky Mountains. Knowing that we exceeded our guest’s expectations makes us feel proud in the service we are providing. It is nice to know that you were able to make use of your kitchen’s fully stocked kitchen. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we hope you will visit with us again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family and I had a nice stay at this hotel. It is centrally located between all them site of Pigeon Forge and Dollywood. We had rooms with a kitchenette with our friends. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. I note Tanya who is a life guard at this pool and water slides. She was very helpful and friendly with us. She also was a great lifeguard.

The pool and water slide area resembles a smaller version of Great Wolf Lodge. So you can keep. Your eyes on your kids from one table.

The only negative is that the facilities are a bit worn around the edges.

Overall a great place to stay for a friends vacation on Thanksgiving with intentions to explore the area, and there is such to explore, each day.

Room Tip: Bring your own toiletries, kitchen cleaning stuff. Kitchen has dishes and a few pots and pans. There...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the review. The team here at The Resort at Governors crossing are pleased to know that they helped make your stay enjoyable. It is our mission to make each and every guest stay a memorable one. Tanya is a great lifeguard and takes care to make sure everyone is safe and having a good time in our Indoor Waterpark. Our location near Dollywood and Pigeon Forge with easy access from Veterens Boulevard makes us a great resort choice for any stay in the Smoky Mountains. Thanks again for your feedback and we can not wait to see you again on your next vacation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Clarion Inn Willow River
Baymont Inn & Suites Sevierville Pigeon Forge
Margaritaville Island Hotel
Margaritaville Island Hotel
#9 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!