“Nice Holiday Weekend Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Resort at Governor's Crossing
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Sevierville
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Virginia
“Nice Holiday Weekend Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We took our grandchildren ages 12 and 8 to stay at the resort for a nice holiday weekend getaway. We had a 1 bedroom condo with a fireplace.We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo without a fireplace in May. We now prefer the kitchen in the condo with the fireplace. It is a separate room and not a walk thru. We would suggest paying a little more to get a room with a fireplace and jetted tub in bathroom.The bathroom is a nice size with the sink inside of the bathroom. You have more privacy this way and you aren't cramped in a tiny bathroom. Our room was very clean and spacious. Our grandchildren loved the in indoor slides. They had a blast. We can't wait to return for another stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay at The Resort at Governors Crossing. We are so happy to hear that you chose to spend your holiday weekend with us. Our large condos with washer and dryers and indoor and outdoor water park offer great amenities for everyone in the family. I hope that you were able to relax in your clean room with jetted tub while your grandchildren enjoyed racing down the indoor slides. Christmas time in the Smoky Mountains is absolutely beautiful. We hope to see you again very soon here at The Resort!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Courtice
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room smelled terrible and was very dirty. The beds were very uncomfortable and didn't even have blankets on them or in the room. The room was very outdated and the furniture was beat up so badly. That part I could even deal with - it was the pool/lazy river that got me. FILTHY. The water was so dirty. There was so much crap floating in it that I wouldn't even get in. The water was cloudy and the chairs around the pool were disgusting and most of them were broken. I cringed every time my nine year old went in the water. The indoor park was no better. I would never stay here again. Ever.

4 Thank Kathie J
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at The Resort. One of our top priorities is 100% guest satisfaction, so it is very disappointing to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. Our spacious condos with fully equipped kitchens are usually a big hit with families as they can save money by not eating out as frequently. Our large indoor and outdoor water parks also offer hours of fun that is included in your room rate. I would like to personally apologize for the lazy river having some debris in it during your stay. You can rest assured that it is cleaned daily but with the windy days we have been having lately it is an ongoing process to keep it clean. We would love to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay and hope to have another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Lenoir
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

The room was great - very clean. The kids loved the indoor waterslides and pools. The outdoor pools were nice, and clean as well. It wasn't too crowded either. When we get the chance, we would definitely love to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our Indoor and Outdoor Water Parks do seem to keep people of all ages entertained. We cannot wait to see you the next time you are in the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area!
Ashtabula, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom condo room during our 4 day stay in Pigeon Forge in May. This place is really nice. We got a great deal on the Pigeon Forge Hot Deals website. It is worth a little more than a regular hotel for the sake of the indoor and outdoor waterparks. They are a blast and the kids love it and can spend hours here saving you money on alternate attractions. The rooms are clean and upkept. The waterparks are clean and attended too. They tell you that this is a Condo type experience which mean there is limited housekeeping while you are they so keep that in mind. They give you clean towels and toiletries--that' pretty much seems about it. You do everything else, but I guess that is expected. We had 2 queen beds in a bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. It had a full kitchen which also saves money on eating out. This is a great choice when staying in this area. We have no complaints. We have been here 5 times now as we come yearly to this area and will continue coming. Thanks for the nice place. It is truly refreshing

Room Tip: Go in the off season or you could become frustrated with the amount of people at the pools some of w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent review of The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. We are delighted that you feel that this is your home away from home while on vacation. Thank you for your description of our stay-over service; as most Condo properties charge a cleaning fee which we do not. Our full size kitchens, Water Parks, Mini Putt-Putt course, and game rooms seem to help families save money while vacationing in the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area. Families of all ages seem to enjoy the waterpark so much that they sometimes skip sightseeing. Our staff takes great pride in providing friendly and clean service which is paramount to that home away from home experience. We are so glad that you enjoyed your previous five visits to The Resort and we look forward to visit number 6.
Hiddenite, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed in a 2 BR condo, excellent room. The pool area was great, lots for the kids to do. the staff was very friendly. this is a wonderful place to stay with family. I recommend that you give them a chance to make your vacation something to remember.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. We are glad that our spacious two bedroom condo, staff and Water Park all helped to make this a family vacation to remember. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we look forward to your family’s next visit with us.
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just wanted to say that I am extremely upset with our experience at the The Resort at Governor's Crossing. After talking to two other families who had parties at The Resort, we called and asked if we could have our daughter's 6th birthday party there. The person at the front desk said YES! Then, I came to the Resort with my daughter and talked to the ladies at the front desk and asked them AGAIN about having the party there and they said YES and allowed me to look around with the pool key. When we booked the party, we asked AGAIN about the party and they said YES. When we showed up, we had cake, decorations, etc. They gave us a key. They also said that guests to our party could walk through the lobby to get to the party. The party started at 12:00. During the party (while opening presents) at 12:30 we were told that we were NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A PARTY. They told us that we had to clean up the food and cake and make everyone leave. The Asst Manager Jacqueline told us that the front desk staff made a mistake by letting us have a party. They expected me to tell my six year old daughter that she was not allowed to have her party anymore. I was humiliated in front of my friends and family. Thank goodness, my friends and family were supportive. I missed out on pictures and enjoying my daughter because I was at the desk BEGGING to finish my daughter's party. The "manager" said yes, finish your party but NO ONE is allowed to swim. Once again, I have to tell my six year old that none of her friends can swim with her?! My heart was broken. My experience was AWFUL. My husband missed most of the presents being opened because he was at the desk disputing the whole situation. We begged for a refund so we could take our daughter elsewhere, but they denied our request for a full refund and only offered us 50% refund. My husband took the 50% refund and hoped to be able to recoup the rest from a higher manager. We decided that this was a risk and decided that we may as well be forced to stay rather than have half our money basically stolen from us. However, when he went back in to try to void the refund Jacqueline told him it was not possible and that she could not book a room for us because we are locals. She said "There is nothing I can do". Then I went to the front desk and asked the exact same thing my husband did and finally she gave us our room back. This was after some seriously embarrassing begging. She lied straight to my husband's face by telling him there was nothing she could do. The assistant manager was rude, sarcastic, and condescending. She rolled her eyes at my husband when she saw him standing at the desk. We feel so disrespected and degraded! When I asked to speak to someone else, she would not allow me too, etc. She kept saying there is no one else. Thank goodness my daughter was clueless thanks to my friends and family who entertained her. We did not want to stay the night because of how we were treated, but we felt our daughter's birthday was already ruined. I have had a horrible experience. As a teacher of this community, I cannot believe how we were treated. It was their mistake by saying we could have a party there. We asked many times before we every arrived. Also, two other families that I know of have had parties there and that is why we were excited to celebrate our daughter's party at The Resort. It has always been my belief in the business of tourism that the guest is the number one priority. Well apparently the manager that was on duty this day does not hold that same belief. Terrible experience on a special day that we can never get back!

10 Thank Bridgette M
First I would like to sincerely apologize for any miscommunication during your reservation process. Our records show that you reserved online initially and then contacted our reservations department regarding your stay. At the Resort at Governor's Crossing fun and memorable experiences are our top priority and we love to hear that families stay with us during those special times including birthdays, anniversaries, and weekend getaways.
In order to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant water park experience and to maintain the highest standard of safety items such as food, alcohol, glass and etc are not permitted in any of our pool areas. To avoid confusion we have these guidelines prominently posted in our water parks as well as in our guest directories.
We take great pride in offering spacious and relaxing condos with above average amenities including an indoor and outdoor water park at a competitive price. Creating and maintain a family friendly atmosphere that is enjoyable to all guests is our goal which is why we allow only registered guests to utilize our facilities. This information can also be located at the water park entrances and in our guest directory. Please accept our deepest apologies if this information was in any way misconstrued.
For special occasions such as these that entail decorations, food, presents, and numerous guests, our group sales department has a variety of meeting spaces available to accommodate family gatherings ranging from small to large as well as group rates and discounts to suit your lodging needs.
At The Resort, we often have families who visit us and reserve condos where they have their celebrations then head to the water park for fun. However, we are unaware of any previous party or function involving unregistered guests utilizing our water park as a meeting space with food but would be open to speaking with you more in depth on the matter to improve our property and guest service.
Although staff at our front desk as well as our reservations department have no record of speaking to you in regards to the party and we were unfortunately unable to obtain the information from you, we did do our personal best to solve the situation in a way that would not negatively impact your daughter’s birthday experience or our other guests. You declined all offers and continued with the party as planned in both our indoor and outdoor facilities. When you came to the front desk after the party to cancel your reservation that evening, we offered a 50% refund which you agreed to before leaving. You later decided to reserve again for the night and we did register you, get you checked in and on your way back to your family's mini vacation.
Steps have been taken to contact you in regards to your recent say and we would love a chance to speak to you and obtain more details. Thank you for your review and we hope to hear from you soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

After reading over the reviews on this site and finding mostly positive results, dismissing the bad ones as random, overly picky people, we booked a stay expecting a good stay

I was wrong, so very very wrong...

On the first night we found our room very cold and there were sheets but no blankets for the fold out bed, the next morning we noticed that the room safe would not close and our sliding glass door would not close (causing the coldness). I called maintenance and was told they would be right up. I sent the rest of my family to the pools and after 30 minutes waiting I called again. 20 minutes later maintenance arrived, fixed the safe and unstuck the door only to break the sliding glass door lock. I had to wait again for them to go get tools to repair it. At this point I had been waiting well over an hour for this repair delaying my time with my family.

After spending time at the water park we returned and found that by 3:00 pm housekeeping had never come by. We left the property to return after 6:30 pm and noted that while housekeeping had come, they had however only emptied the trash and brought new towels, they did not restock the dishwasher detergent so we were unable to clean the dishes we had used nor had they made the beds or replaced any sheets. At this point I walked to the front desk to determine if this was normal and the initial receptionist didn’t immediately have an answer only for the female manager on duty rudely interject saying oh they don’t do that, it’s an eco thing or something like that. She stated they would bring new sheets if a child got sick but nothing more. She then turned and walked away with the receptionist looking apologetically to me. I unhappily returned to my room and family for dinner. We then called the front desk asking for a blanket for the fold out bed to be told they would bring one right up in a couple of minutes. Over 45 minutes later, causing my tired daughter to have to wait up, the same receptionist from earlier brought us a top sheet to use as a blanket.

Check out allowed me to watch the receptionist give out tagged boxes of taffy that had hand written notes to review them on tripadvisor on the top to the guests that stated they had a good experience. When I explained my experience to the receptionist she apologized and looked at me then the box of taffy, as if trying to decide if she should give me one, only to say thanks and have a good day.

I will not stay at this resort or chain again due to the multiple issues that arose, the lack of expediency to remedy those issues and the rudeness of the management staff

Room Tip: Look for top floors to avoid excess noise
Green Features: Environmentally friendly is one thing but when it is used as an excuse to only partially clean rooms it is different
7 Thank da3796
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Please accept our apology for any inconveniences that you may have encountered. We are investigating your complaints and will rectify any problems found. Thank you so much for your response. All responses are appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sevierville
Hampton Inn Sevierville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,007 reviews
Oak Tree Lodge
Oak Tree Lodge
#5 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Resort at Governor's Crossing? Share your experiences!