Resort at Governor's Crossing
Super 8 Sevierville(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$47
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $62/night.

Sleep Inn(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$71
SleepInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

Hampton Inn Sevierville(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$116
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sevierville / Kodak(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$75
La Quinta
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

Clarion Inn Willow River(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$78
Comfort Inn Apple Valley(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$119
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $132/night.

$135
HIExpress.com
Free cancellation until 06/02
$52
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $66/night.

Quality Inn & Suites River Suites(Sevierville)(Great Value!)
$59
QualityInn
$140
  • Pool
1,352 results
All reviewsfull kitchenlazy riverbedroom condopool attendantwater slideswasher and dryerpool areapigeon forgeindoor waterparkgreat for kidsall agesliving areasleeper sofahot tubfamily vacationtanger outletsspring break
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed in a 2 BR condo, excellent room. The pool area was great, lots for the kids to do. the staff was very friendly. this is a wonderful place to stay with family. I recommend that you give them a chance to make your vacation something to remember.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. We are glad that our spacious two bedroom condo, staff and Water Park all helped to make this a family vacation to remember. Thank you so much for your recommendation and we look forward to your family’s next visit with us.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just wanted to say that I am extremely upset with our experience at the The Resort at Governor's Crossing. After talking to two other families who had parties at The Resort, we called and asked if we could have our daughter's 6th birthday party there. The person at the front desk said YES! Then, I came to the Resort with my daughter and talked to the ladies at the front desk and asked them AGAIN about having the party there and they said YES and allowed me to look around with the pool key. When we booked the party, we asked AGAIN about the party and they said YES. When we showed up, we had cake, decorations, etc. They gave us a key. They also said that guests to our party could walk through the lobby to get to the party. The party started at 12:00. During the party (while opening presents) at 12:30 we were told that we were NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A PARTY. They told us that we had to clean up the food and cake and make everyone leave. The Asst Manager Jacqueline told us that the front desk staff made a mistake by letting us have a party. They expected me to tell my six year old daughter that she was not allowed to have her party anymore. I was humiliated in front of my friends and family. Thank goodness, my friends and family were supportive. I missed out on pictures and enjoying my daughter because I was at the desk BEGGING to finish my daughter's party. The "manager" said yes, finish your party but NO ONE is allowed to swim. Once again, I have to tell my six year old that none of her friends can swim with her?! My heart was broken. My experience was AWFUL. My husband missed most of the presents being opened because he was at the desk disputing the whole situation. We begged for a refund so we could take our daughter elsewhere, but they denied our request for a full refund and only offered us 50% refund. My husband took the 50% refund and hoped to be able to recoup the rest from a higher manager. We decided that this was a risk and decided that we may as well be forced to stay rather than have half our money basically stolen from us. However, when he went back in to try to void the refund Jacqueline told him it was not possible and that she could not book a room for us because we are locals. She said "There is nothing I can do". Then I went to the front desk and asked the exact same thing my husband did and finally she gave us our room back. This was after some seriously embarrassing begging. She lied straight to my husband's face by telling him there was nothing she could do. The assistant manager was rude, sarcastic, and condescending. She rolled her eyes at my husband when she saw him standing at the desk. We feel so disrespected and degraded! When I asked to speak to someone else, she would not allow me too, etc. She kept saying there is no one else. Thank goodness my daughter was clueless thanks to my friends and family who entertained her. We did not want to stay the night because of how we were treated, but we felt our daughter's birthday was already ruined. I have had a horrible experience. As a teacher of this community, I cannot believe how we were treated. It was their mistake by saying we could have a party there. We asked many times before we every arrived. Also, two other families that I know of have had parties there and that is why we were excited to celebrate our daughter's party at The Resort. It has always been my belief in the business of tourism that the guest is the number one priority. Well apparently the manager that was on duty this day does not hold that same belief. Terrible experience on a special day that we can never get back!

11  Thank Bridgette M

First I would like to sincerely apologize for any miscommunication during your reservation process. Our records show that you reserved online initially and then contacted our reservations department regarding your stay. At the Resort at Governor's Crossing fun and memorable experiences are our top priority and we love to hear that families stay with us during those special times including birthdays, anniversaries, and weekend getaways.
In order to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant water park experience and to maintain the highest standard of safety items such as food, alcohol, glass and etc are not permitted in any of our pool areas. To avoid confusion we have these guidelines prominently posted in our water parks as well as in our guest directories.
We take great pride in offering spacious and relaxing condos with above average amenities including an indoor and outdoor water park at a competitive price. Creating and maintain a family friendly atmosphere that is enjoyable to all guests is our goal which is why we allow only registered guests to utilize our facilities. This information can also be located at the water park entrances and in our guest directory. Please accept our deepest apologies if this information was in any way misconstrued.
For special occasions such as these that entail decorations, food, presents, and numerous guests, our group sales department has a variety of meeting spaces available to accommodate family gatherings ranging from small to large as well as group rates and discounts to suit your lodging needs.
At The Resort, we often have families who visit us and reserve condos where they have their celebrations then head to the water park for fun. However, we are unaware of any previous party or function involving unregistered guests utilizing our water park as a meeting space with food but would be open to speaking with you more in depth on the matter to improve our property and guest service.
Although staff at our front desk as well as our reservations department have no record of speaking to you in regards to the party and we were unfortunately unable to obtain the information from you, we did do our personal best to solve the situation in a way that would not negatively impact your daughter’s birthday experience or our other guests. You declined all offers and continued with the party as planned in both our indoor and outdoor facilities. When you came to the front desk after the party to cancel your reservation that evening, we offered a 50% refund which you agreed to before leaving. You later decided to reserve again for the night and we did register you, get you checked in and on your way back to your family's mini vacation.
Steps have been taken to contact you in regards to your recent say and we would love a chance to speak to you and obtain more details. Thank you for your review and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

After reading over the reviews on this site and finding mostly positive results, dismissing the bad ones as random, overly picky people, we booked a stay expecting a good stay

I was wrong, so very very wrong...

On the first night we found our room very cold and there were sheets but no blankets for the fold out bed, the next morning we noticed that the room safe would not close and our sliding glass door would not close (causing the coldness). I called maintenance and was told they would be right up. I sent the rest of my family to the pools and after 30 minutes waiting I called again. 20 minutes later maintenance arrived, fixed the safe and unstuck the door only to break the sliding glass door lock. I had to wait again for them to go get tools to repair it. At this point I had been waiting well over an hour for this repair delaying my time with my family.

After spending time at the water park we returned and found that by 3:00 pm housekeeping had never come by. We left the property to return after 6:30 pm and noted that while housekeeping had come, they had however only emptied the trash and brought new towels, they did not restock the dishwasher detergent so we were unable to clean the dishes we had used nor had they made the beds or replaced any sheets. At this point I walked to the front desk to determine if this was normal and the initial receptionist didn’t immediately have an answer only for the female manager on duty rudely interject saying oh they don’t do that, it’s an eco thing or something like that. She stated they would bring new sheets if a child got sick but nothing more. She then turned and walked away with the receptionist looking apologetically to me. I unhappily returned to my room and family for dinner. We then called the front desk asking for a blanket for the fold out bed to be told they would bring one right up in a couple of minutes. Over 45 minutes later, causing my tired daughter to have to wait up, the same receptionist from earlier brought us a top sheet to use as a blanket.

Check out allowed me to watch the receptionist give out tagged boxes of taffy that had hand written notes to review them on tripadvisor on the top to the guests that stated they had a good experience. When I explained my experience to the receptionist she apologized and looked at me then the box of taffy, as if trying to decide if she should give me one, only to say thanks and have a good day.

I will not stay at this resort or chain again due to the multiple issues that arose, the lack of expediency to remedy those issues and the rudeness of the management staff

Room Tip: Look for top floors to avoid excess noise
7  Thank da3796
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Please accept our apology for any inconveniences that you may have encountered. We are investigating your complaints and will rectify any problems found. Thank you so much for your response. All responses are appreciated.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This resort is in a great location. As for the motel you get what you pay for. This resort by no means has a "Water Park" on site. It has a nice indoor and outdoor pool complex. There are two big slides indoors and one average silde outside. The kids pool area isn't that great, and other than the slides it is just your average pool area. The rooms look great, the beds and cromfrotable, and the pillows are better than what I have at home. I don't know if it is because the motel is trying to "go green" or what, but the thermostat will not go down past 68. 68 sounds cool enough, but when the sun is shining directly in the room that means the room is warm mid 70s even on a cool day in Aug. I would stay here again, just not in July, and not with the expectations of a big water park.

Room Tip: If you stay in the summer try to get on the back side of building 1 and 2. The front side rooms really heat up.
1  Thank stott863
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to Review the Resort at Governor’s Crossing. Our convenient location has been one of the biggest draws for families as we are within minutes of Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and only three traffic lights (Via Veterans Boulevard) from the entrance of Dollywood and Splash Country. We are delighted that you enjoyed the beds and pillows. The Pillows do seem to be a big hit with many of our guests! The thermostats that we have are part of our initiative to go green and apologize that the low of 68 was not cool enough for you and your family. We do provide 5 pools, 2 Jacuzzis, 3 high speed water slides, sauna and 250 foot lazy river for the enjoyment of our guests while staying in their Condo. We do look forward to your next trip to the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area and are pleased that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in a 1BR condo for 3 nights and had a wonderful time!! The room was very clean. Loved the washer/dryer - we actually went home from vacation with clean clothes! The pools and waterslides were a big hit with our son. He also loved the small putt-putt and playground. The staff was friendly. We had no problem at check-in, actually arrived early and we were able to get into our room. Overall great motel and we will return again!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony facing the pool!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
THeResort, Guest Relations Manager at Resort at Governor's Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of The Resort at Governor’s Crossing. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Having a clean room is fundamental to a great stay and we are so happy that we were able to provide this for you. Being able to wash and dry your clothes is definitely a time saver. We are glad that the hotel’s putt-putt, pools and playground were a big hit with your son. We find that these attractions are fun for children of all ages and hope that the adults enjoyed them too! We look forward to your next trip to the area and we are pleased that you will be returning to The Resort.