“Great service/horrible food.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

As a family of seafood lovers, this was a total miss! The Shrimp were very rubbery, and tasted like muddy dish water- I gave one to my dad who really bombed with the $20 Orleans Dish, and he said "this tastes like it was boiled in dish water." A cleaning substance was detectable in everything boiled/steamed. The crawfish in his dish were gross, and didn't have the red appearance they get when properly streamed- bomb! (Not "The" Bomb either!!).
The Sausage on his plate was still frozen in the middle. The home of the only Crawfish tail I had to spit out.

Though the service was good, I was a little put off by the waitress not acknowledging that our meals appeared untouched.

The bucket they have on the table for shells and debris: EMPTY.

I didn't take the souvenir crab leg opener because I wanted to forget this meal ever took place, but that's hard to do when it runs just over $82 for 3 people/no dessert or appetizer.

Okay, so in all fairness-if we caught this place on a bad night (which isn't a valid excuse at that price, and the reputation of Joes Crab Shack), their maybe a little hope (e.g. maybe new cook?) BUT, I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER CHANCE.

P.S. if you don't like seafood, and your going with friends/family-you'd do better to fast. Mom ordered the Chicken Tenders which had been fried in the same oil as all the fish, shrimp, and other seafood, and shared its rubbery texture.

I'm not saying the food wasn't worth the money, the food wasn't worth eating! As an RN, I worried about the Hepatitis Risk of Undercooked seafood.

Just don't risk it, poor, poor quality food!! A local later confirmed (who loved Joe's Crab shack at the Mississippi Gulf Coast), His experience was identical-and that maybe they toned down seasoning because complaints-but obviously not conforming to Joe's usual quality.

But at an average $25 entree-IT SHOULD AY LEAST BE EDIBLE. Never Again, but glad we know-I'd always wanted to try Joe's Crab Shack- DONE.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

This is an "experience" place. The servers dance, the decorations are cool, and it feels fun. Too bad the servers have too big of sections to give good service, and the food is poor for the price. It's a place that was fun once, but I won't be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I friend of mine wanted to go so I figured we would give it a try

The waiter was nice but the food is way overpriced for what you get.

We all got crabs legs. OK but nothing special along with boiled potatoes and corn. No bread, no salad, nothing else. The waiter was pushing these dynamic ball appetizers. They turned out to be little deep fried crab and jalapeños... nothing special.

Total bill for 3 with food, a drink each and tip was $148.

Not worth the money. Could have gotten 2 dinners at Red Lobster for that.

No compelling reason to ever return.

1  Thank backpacker8
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son go crab legs and said that they were the best he had ever had. My food was good but I was less impressed than he was.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

60 bucks for overcooked rubber seafood and rude service when she came around which was only 1 time the worst place i have eat shoot my hopes down was realy wanting to have a new good seafood place teat at but i will never go back could have drove little farther and went to cowboys seafood and eat like a king great food with great service